Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > General Football > NFL Draft

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Bucs

Old 03-17-2010, 11:12 AM   #31
El-Gonzo Jackson
Living Legend

Member Number: 8264
Thanked 2,455 Times in 1,176 Posts
Default Re: Perry Biggerstaff's 2010 NFL Mock Draft

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamberts-lost-tooth View Post
Church is rated as a 7th rounder by nfldraftscout.com (as of today)...but he had one heckuva pro-day so his stock may rise.
I think Church is gonna get himself into the 5th round.

Barry Church raised eyebrows during Toledo's pro day this morning.

The big defensive back weighed 220 pounds, four less than the combine, and ran 40 times which clocked right around the 4.6 range, almost one-tenth faster than his time from Indianapolis. Scouts are torn whether Church projects to outside linebacker or safety in the NFL. He was successful at both spots in college and the athleticism Church displayed this morning will give coaches even more confidence in his abilities.

http://m.si.com/news/sp/to_nfl_sport...C0F3B3B.cnnsi2
Old 03-17-2010, 11:32 AM   #32
lamberts-lost-tooth
Banned

Member Number: 2363

Quote:
Originally Posted by El-Gonzo Jackson View Post
I think Church is gonna get himself into the 5th round.

Barry Church raised eyebrows during Toledo's pro day this morning.

The big defensive back weighed 220 pounds, four less than the combine, and ran 40 times which clocked right around the 4.6 range, almost one-tenth faster than his time from Indianapolis. Scouts are torn whether Church projects to outside linebacker or safety in the NFL. He was successful at both spots in college and the athleticism Church displayed this morning will give coaches even more confidence in his abilities.

http://m.si.com/news/sp/to_nfl_sport...C0F3B3B.cnnsi2
The Strong safety class isnt very deep this year...I think you are correct in saying that he may end up going somewhere near the 5th.

Last edited by lamberts-lost-tooth; 03-17-2010 at 12:36 PM.
lamberts-lost-tooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2010, 06:36 AM   #33
lamberts-lost-tooth
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony hipchest View Post
pretty crazy, huh? (i think that pretty much chops in half any potential trade value sweed may have had).
I was listening to sports radio yesterday and they were saying that there is a chance that we can/will/may/should keep Sweed on the IR list next season.
Old 04-11-2010, 08:42 AM   #34
steelerdave1969
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 12338

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony hipchest View Post
pretty crazy, huh? (i think that pretty much chops in half any potential trade value sweed may have had).
Who would really want Limas Sweed at this point in his so called career Tony?... Its time the Steelers quit playing baby sitter and let this guy get on with his life.
Old 04-12-2010, 12:11 PM   #35
supa_fly_steeler
Banned

Member Number: 15332

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamberts-lost-tooth View Post
Posted an updated mock draft in the editorial section. I really believe that we are positioning ourselves to go with Earl Thomas or one of the top 4 Offensive Tackles.

As of today...I think our draft may look something like this

7-Round Mock Draft.

1) CB/FS Earl Thomas...Versatility at two critical positions is incredible
2) OT Jared Veldheer...Give him a year and he will push for a starting position.
3) OC J.D. Walton....Great value in the third, tenacious blocker with a nasty streak. Might need a year to condition and learn assignments.
4) ILB Micah Johnson...If the Steelers can be patient for one year and let him rehab...he is a steal.
5a) NT/DE Al Woods...Scouts think that he can play both positions very well. The Patriots are looking at him as depth for both slots.
5b) WR Danario Alexander...(shhhhhh....6'5 WR is a sleeper with 113 catches, 1,781 yards and 14 touchdowns) Missouri prospect who you have never heard of due to injured knee at senior bowl.
5c) OLB Arthur Moats...Buchanon award winner who ended 2009 with 23.5 tackles for loss and 11 quarterback sacks.
6) RB Deji Karim 1,694 yards on 240 carries (7.1 average) and 18 touchdowns....and just ran a 4.38 forty at his pro-day...runs low to the ground and can catch out of the backfield.
7a) OLB Adrian Tracy ..Led the nation with a career 62.5 tackles for a loss and had 31 career sacks. Looks great in his transition to OLB fronm DE.
7b) SS Barry Church... Church is a Safety that I loved on tape but who seemed to fall off the draft radar. He didnt post huge numbers this last year because Toledo used him as a hybrid LB/SS. He just ran a 4.54 forty at his proday and showed great hands at position skills.
i love the first pick.

but can u change it lol im getting really supersticious of jinxing him from not as a steeler lol
supa_fly_steeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 10:28 AM   #36
lamberts-lost-tooth
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by supa_fly_steeler View Post
i love the first pick.

but can u change it lol im getting really supersticious of jinxing him from not as a steeler lol
LOL...then your not going to like the update!!!

Udated Mock Draft

1 St. Louis
Bradford, Sam QB, Oklahoma
No change...As I have said before, you build a team around a QB. Bradford is the kind of QB that can give St. Louis 10 years of quality play.

2 Detroit
Suh, Ndamukong DT, Nebraska
Best player in this draft, can play any position on the front line, and even with the Lions FA acquisitions, they could use another quality player at DT.

3 Tampa Bay
McCoy, Gerald DT, Oklahoma
Great player, great character, great fit. A powerhouse DT with leadership ability.

4 Washington
Okung, Russell OT, Oklahoma St
With McNabb signed, the Redskins pick up a quality LT to protect the aging playmaker.

5 Kansas City
Berry, Eric SS, Tennessee
Change from last draft....The Chiefs have been putting out indications that they would be willing to keep Albert at OT if Berry were on the board.

6 Seattle
Bulaga, Bryan OT, Iowa
With the first of their 1st round picks the Seahawks grab an OT to fortify an aging line.

7 Cleveland
Clausen, Jimmy QB, Notre Dame
I havnt had Clausen going to the Browns until now....but the same logic that I am using on St Louis having to start their rebuilding with a QB, apply to the Browns also.

8 Oakland
Williams, Trent OT, Oklahoma
I havehad Campbell here all year, but now am going against conventional wisdom and am saying that Crazy Al still grabs an OT, but it will be Williams instead.

9 Buffalo
Davis, Anthony OT, Rutgers
Poor Buffalo...they need a QB in the worst way, but without trading up they will have to take an OT in the 1st round and enter the Colt McCoy sweepstakes in round 2.

10 Jacksonville
Haden, Joe CB, Florida
Jacksonville is the recipient of a gift wrapped blue chip CB...thanks to the run on OT's early in the 1st round.

11 Denver
Bryant, Dez WR, Oklahoma State
Even if Marshall isnt traded ...the Broncos are going to have to srtart preparing for life after Brandon. Bryant will be a #1 WR...either this year or next year

12 Miami
Thomas, Earl SS, Texas
The Dolphins have now worked out Ealr thomas THREE TIMES!!! Failing to pick up a FS in the offseason the versatile safety our of Texas gives the Dolphins a very young and talented backfield.

13 San Francisco
Graham, Brandon OLB, Michigan
San Fran needs a OLB/DE hybrid type of player and look for Hall of Fame coach Mike Singletary to be a good judge of Brandon Grahams potential.

14 Seattle
Spiller, C.J. RB, Clemson
Ranked near the bottom of the league in rushing...the Seawhawks grab the big-play RB out of Clemson.

15 New York Giants
McLain, Rolando ILB, Alabama
Couldnt have worked out better for the Giants. McClain is an incredibly talented ILB who will start on day one.

16 Tennessee
Pierre-Paul, Jason DE, South Florida
Pierre-Paul scares me to death. He has every earmark of a potential NFL bust...but some team will take an early gamble on him.

17 San Francisco
Campbell, Bruce OT, Maryland
After grabbing a defensive player with their first pick, the 49ers can now fill the hole at OT. Campbell is sliding down draft boards but I think he will still be drafted in the middle of the 1st round.

18 Pittsburgh
Wilson, Kyle CB, Boise St
I like Wilson (I gave him his props as far back as last November) and I like the fact that we are looking at drafting a CB. That being said...I like Earl Thomas and Devin McCourty better. Putting my own analysis aside...I think that Wilson's value fits better at the #18 slot and he will be an exceptional CB with a tweak or two in regards to run support.

19 Atlanta
Morgan, Derrick DE, Georgia Tech
Incredible value at this point...there is a chance that the 49ers snag him at #13, and Graham will be the pick here if that happens.

20 Houston
Matthews, Ryan RB, Fresno St
Houston needs some help on the O-line, but I keep hearing their FO talk about upgrading the RB corp. Matthews would be an INSTANT upgrade and would give the Texans a formidable 1-2 punch.

21 Cincinnati
Iupati, Mike OG, Idaho
NOOOOOO!!!! I really would prefer to see the Bengals waste this pick, but Iupati is the best Guard in this draft and meets an bengals need.

22 New England
Kindle, Sergio DE, Texas
Great fit for the Patriots who need some youth at OLB...there is a chance that new England takes a long hard look at jared Odrick as a 3-4 DE.

23 Green Bay
Brown, Charles OT, Southern Cal
Every year at least one 2nd round graded OT makes it into the 1st round. This years lucky winner is Charles Brown.

24 Philadelphia
Griffen, Everson DE, Southern Cal
Very underrated DE. The Eagles may go with a RB if matthews is still on the board but Griffen fits a need perfectly.

25 Baltimore
Gresham, Jermaine TE, Oklahoma
This is a pick based on intuition...The Ravens went all out in trading for Boldin and I think they get a pass catching TE to further utilize Flaccos arm.

26 Arizona
Weatherspoon, Sean LB, Missouri
With Dansby leaving the Cardinals grab a linebacker that can play inside and outside. Now we get to have a mouth-off between Porter and Weatherspoon!!

27 Dallas
Mays, Taylor FS, Southern Cal
Dallas is actually a team with very deep talent. Mays is the type of Safety that Dallas has utilized before and they will know how to get the most out of his ability.

28 San Diego
Williams, Dan DT, Tennessee
The Chargers first pick will either be a NT or a RB. This should be a no-brainer if Williams is still available.

29 New York Jets
Odrick, Jared DT, Penn St
Odrick could go as high as pick #22 if the pats think he is the solution at DE, if they pass, the Jets can definetley use the Penn St product on their front line.

30 Minnesota
McCourty, Devin CB, Rutgers
McCourty is an undrerated CB who can also play St's. Two years from now I think we will see McCourty as one of the best Cb's in the game.

31 Indianapolis
Pouncey, Maurkice C, Florida
Pouncy is a player that has been way overanalyzed. Somw mocks have him as high as the early part of the first round. His talent doesnt warrant that kind of evaluation but he is a very solid pick at the end of the 1st round or early in the 2nd.

32 New Orleans
Price, Brian DT, UCLA
The Saints would love for an OLB like Weatherspoon to fall this far...if not they will bolster their front line with a DT like Price.

Steelers Picks

Round 1, Pick 18 (18) CB Kyle Wilson
Round 2, Pick 20 (52) OT Jared Veldheer
Round 3, Pick 18 (82) OC J.D. Walton
Round 4, Pick 18 (116) WR Andre Roberts
Round 5, Pick 20 (151) ILB Jamar Chaney
Round 5 Pick 24 (155) OLB Arthur Moats
Round 5, Pick 33 (164) DE Mike Neal (Comp pick)
Round 5, Pick 35 (166) RB LeGarrette Blount (Comp pick)
Round 6, Pick 19 (188) TE Michael Hoomanawanui
Round 7, Pick 18 (225) QB Mike Kafka
Round 7, Pick 35 (242) NT Jay Ross (Comp pick)
Old 04-13-2010, 12:27 PM   #37
supa_fly_steeler
Banned

Nice i still think we should trade up to get him

.... but dumbass tomlin traded holmes away before the draft so im sure its slim chances that he goes past miami.

tomlin makes me sick he hasnt had a good draft in the three years he's been here and im willing to bet he craps this one up
Old 04-13-2010, 02:25 PM   #38
The Duke
Living Legend

Member Number: 4800

Quote:
Nice i still think we should trade up to get him

.... but dumbass tomlin traded holmes away before the draft so im sure its slim chances that he goes past miami.

tomlin makes me sick he hasnt had a good draft in the three years he's been here and im willing to bet he craps this one up
Colbert and the rooney's make those decisions

Nice try though
The Duke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 02:40 PM   #39
supa_fly_steeler
Banned

My Point is we havent had good drafts. the reason why our defense is so old?

on average out of 7 picks only 2 are there 4 years later.

look at the ratbirds and bengals recent drafts, alot more picks have made the team, giving the team younger average.
Old 04-13-2010, 03:49 PM   #40
xXTheSteelKingsXx
Team Owner

Member Number: 5803

Quote:
My Point is we havent had good drafts. the reason why our defense is so old?

on average out of 7 picks only 2 are there 4 years later.

look at the ratbirds and bengals recent drafts, alot more picks have made the team, giving the team younger average.
Well four years ago Tomlin wasn't with the Steelers so I don't know why you are blaming him with those picks.

Talk about players making the team drafted by Tomlin you got:

2007: Timmons-Starter
Woodley-Pro Bowler
Sepulveda-Starter
Will Gay-Starter
2008: Mendenhall-Starter
Sweed-Still on Roster
Hills- Still on Roster
Dixon-Number Two QB
Mundy-Still on Roster
2009: Ziggy-Potential Starter
Wallace-Potential Starter
Urbik-Still on Roster
Lewis-Still on Roster
Burnett-Still on Roster
Summers-Still on Roster
Sonny Harris-Still on Roster
David Johnson-Started Some Games Last Season/Still on Roster

By my count thats 17 out of 22 of Tomlin's picks still on the roster. Not too bad in my opinion.