Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Pittsburgh Sports > Pittsburgh Penguins

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Giants Giants
August 9th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 04-16-2010, 09:01 PM   #11
Indo
Head Coach

Member Number: 11222
Default Re: At least Sir Sidney's pure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony hipchest View Post
yeah... the dudes from WHAM were a shock too.
So was Boy George

Old 04-16-2010, 09:19 PM   #12
zulater
Team Owner

Member Number: 5296

Sid's stat line should read 1 goal, 1 assist, and 1 save. Not a stat line you'd see every day.
Old 04-16-2010, 09:52 PM   #13
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 6,207 Times in 2,670 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Terminator View Post
Sidney Crosby is one of the most recognizable names in sports. It would be a little more than a blip on the radar if he were involved in a similar scandal, though of course not to the level of Ben.
yes he is. so is jimmie johnson. but even if johnson did to his supermodel wife, what tiger woods did to his, the media coverage would pale im comparrisson.

im not knocking the individual atheletes or their respective sports.

just adding some perspective to the national media coverage in those regards.

hell, i was impressed the national media even blinked an eye when dale earhardt died in competition.

i wish i coulde change the perception of regional sports such as hockey and NASCAR, but i cant.

football is king, and if anyone still clings to the belief that baseball is the "national past time" they are kidding themselves.

while soccer may be global, it isnt shit here.

david becham supposedly raping a girl woulnt be more than a blip on our national media radar either. (it would be like "big ben" in england, though).

it is what it is.
Old 04-16-2010, 10:56 PM   #14
Silverback92
Water Boy

Member Number: 11535

Okay. So, I love the Steelers and have for the past 20 years through thick and thin. I will die a Steelers fan. The Steelers are the best organization in the NFL. I wish I was a Rooney.

But when it comes to hockey: Sidney Crosby is an extraordinary player. Amazing skill. Super talented...however, he's a diving bitch and my respect for him goes out the door on that note. His skill is great, but as a whole I just disdain his prissiness.

I am sorry Pittsburgh, please forgive me.
Silverback92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2010, 11:03 PM   #15
X-Terminator
Mr. Wrong
Supporter

Member Number: 2550

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverback92 View Post
Okay. So, I love the Steelers and have for the past 20 years through thick and thin. I will die a Steelers fan. The Steelers are the best organization in the NFL. I wish I was a Rooney.

But when it comes to hockey: Sidney Crosby is an extraordinary player. Amazing skill. Super talented...however, he's a diving bitch and my respect for him goes out the door on that note. His skill is great, but as a whole I just disdain his prissiness.

Denied, only because I'm getting tired of hearing this shit day after day after day from people who can't get over things he did when he was 18 years old, mainly from bitter Flyers fans because he owns their team every single game. Crosby is not even close to the player he was back then, and if you think he is, you haven't been paying enough attention. Ovechkin goes out and injures people, and yet, everyone loves him.

Give me a break.
Old 04-16-2010, 11:54 PM   #16
SteelCityMom

Member Number:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverback92 View Post

One of the greatest players in the game today, puts it all out on the line for his teammates every game, spends the majority of his time off the ice giving back to the community...both in Pittsburgh and Cole Harbour, and yet all most people can talk about is how he used to dive when he was an 18 year old rookie and how he complains to the refs (which every captain of every team does). Kind of sad and pathetic if you ask me.

Pittsburgh is lucky to have such a person on their team and in their city.
Old 04-17-2010, 12:01 AM   #17
Shea
Head Coach

Member Number: 5066

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelCityMom View Post
One of the greatest players in the game today, puts it all out on the line for his teammates every game, spends the majority of his time off the ice giving back to the community...both in Pittsburgh and Cole Harbour, and yet all most people can talk about is how he used to dive when he was an 18 year old rookie and how he complains to the refs (which every captain of every team does). Kind of sad and pathetic if you ask me.

Exactly.

It's posts such as Silverback's and a few other's that have recently stated that Staal sucks that makes me wonder how many Pens' games these people have actually watched.
Shea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2010, 12:39 AM   #18
steelerdude15
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 15774

Yeah, it's good to see we don't have anything to worry about when it comes to the Pens... I still think Ben is innocent and this is just another moron trying to get money... just saying.
steelerdude15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2010, 04:00 AM   #19
Rdp616
Banned

Member Number: 15742

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony hipchest View Post
while that may be true, football is king in america.

the sad truth is nobody really cares if he is accused of rape. it would be a blip on the radar, as far as the national media spotlight goes.

just sayin....

Tony Starks! HAHAHA Ghost is a beast.
Rdp616 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2010, 04:09 AM   #20
HometownGal
Living Legend

Member Number: 2413

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelCityMom View Post

QFT.

The Anti-Wahoo
HometownGal is offline   Reply With Quote