Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Miscellaneous > Locker Room

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Referees    Browns

Old 04-19-2010, 03:22 PM   #11
ricardisimo
Administrator

Member Number: 15369
Default Re: Replacing Stevens (a TRUE conservative) on the SCOTUS

Quote:
Originally Posted by revefsreleets View Post
Whacko...but it's fun having you here...except when you go off on your Jew hating rants....that's a bit over-the-top...
[sigh]

You're going to have to drop that little line of yours, since it's neither true nor funny. I do greatly enjoy jokes at my own expense, as the many glue-sniffing references will attest, but still...

As for Stevens vs. Nixon vs. Scalia et al., I'd be glad to look over their respective records to see who's the least bit conservative of the whole bunch. I still say Stevens was consistently the most concerned with government overreach, particularly with regards to police powers. This used to be an area of concern for "conservatives"... not any more, from the looks of it.

Kelo, though, is a painful blot on his record, as Colin Powell would say.
Old 04-19-2010, 06:52 PM   #12
Godfather
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 547

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricardisimo View Post
[sigh]

You're going to have to drop that little line of yours, since it's neither true nor funny. I do greatly enjoy jokes at my own expense, as the many glue-sniffing references will attest, but still...

As for Stevens vs. Nixon vs. Scalia et al., I'd be glad to look over their respective records to see who's the least bit conservative of the whole bunch. I still say Stevens was consistently the most concerned with government overreach, particularly with regards to police powers. This used to be an area of concern for "conservatives"... not any more, from the looks of it.

Kelo, though, is a painful blot on his record, as Colin Powell would say.
Scalia isn't necessarily a fan of police powers. Can't remember the case, but a few years ago po-po used heat detectors to find a guy who was growing pot in the basement and Scalia wrote a scathing opinion saying it was an unreasonable search.
Godfather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 06:35 AM   #13
GoSlash27
Team Captain

Member Number: 3225

Quote:
This used to be an area of concern for "conservatives"... not any more, from the looks of it.
It is, but "conservative" is more than a single issue. A "conservative" Justice leans toward original intent while a "liberal" Justice tends to look more at the social ramifications of their decision than the law.
We rate the Justices by who they agree with and the content of their opinions, and Stevens is by far the most liberal Justice on the bench by that standard.
GoSlash27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 08:24 AM   #14
revefsreleets
Living Legend

Member Number: 5353

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoSlash27 View Post
It is, but "conservative" is more than a single issue. A "conservative" Justice leans toward original intent while a "liberal" Justice tends to look more at the social ramifications of their decision than the law.
We rate the Justices by who they agree with and the content of their opinions, and Stevens is by far the most liberal Justice on the bench by that standard.
No, you're wrong. Ric says so. Nixon was a lib, Stevens is a conservative, up is down, God is dead, and only HE knows the truth behind the giant International Jewish conspiracy...whooopee!

Reminds me of the line from the movie "Seven", when Pitt's character asks the psycho if he KNOWS he's insane, while "sitting around, reading Guns & Ammo, masturbating in his own feces" if he ever stops and realizes how amazingly crazy he really effing is.

I imagine it's possible for some people to be really, really wrong but somehow delude themselves into thinking that everyone else (who are actually correct) are the one's who are wrong.
Old 04-20-2010, 08:54 AM   #15
Godfather
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 547

[QUOTE=revefsreleets;804643]Nixon was a lib,
/QUOTE]

You could make a good case for that. Appeasing Red China, OSHA, the Clean Air and Water Act, wage and price controls, attempting national health care, getting out of Nam (a process completed by Ford).
Godfather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 09:37 AM   #16
revefsreleets
Living Legend

Member Number: 5353

Nixon's domestic policy was politically neutral. He had some very liberal policies, brought about more by pragmatism than any other factor, and he also had some very conservative policies, and they cancelled each other out.

Excepting the Chinese resumption of relations, his Foreign policy was almost EXTREME far-right. Look at how he dealt with Israel, or Chile....

Anyway, neutral plus very far right nets to pretty far to the right of the middle in at least my book, but, eh, what do I know?