Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Bucs

Old 04-20-2010, 07:36 AM   #1
Ricco Suavez
Head Coach

Member Number: 7718
Default Goodell on Mike and Mike

You can delete this or move but Goodell will be on MIke and Mike this am at 7:40 EST.
Ricco Suavez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 08:03 AM   #2
Ricco Suavez
Head Coach

Member Number: 7718
Default Re: Goodell on Mike and Mike

I do not have transcript for his segment, but they did discuss Ben's suspension. He says and I am paraphrasing, that he is still looking at the facts and working with his "kitchen cabinet" on a fair decision. The most interesting aspect to me was Golic asked Roger that BEn could very well accept his punishment but what about the players union. In my opinion he skirted the answer by saying he was in contact with the union and could not answer for them. I do not want to read too much into this but I do believe the union will file a grievance on any suspension handed down by Roger in this case. This will be setting a precedence where a player not charged/arrested/convicted but only accused is suspended.
Ricco Suavez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 08:14 AM   #3
Stanley
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 16092

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricco Suavez View Post
I do not have transcript for his segment, but they did discuss Ben's suspension. He says and I am paraphrasing, that he is still looking at the facts and working with his "kitchen cabinet" on a fair decision. The most interesting aspect to me was Golic asked Roger that BEn could very well accept his punishment but what about the players union. In my opinion he skirted the answer by saying he was in contact with the union and could not answer for them. I do not want to read too much into this but I do believe the union will file a grievance on any suspension handed down by Roger in this case. This will be setting a precedence where a player not charged/arrested/convicted but only accused is suspended.
Goodell was evsasive.
The way that he described the process would lead one to think that his final decision won't be made for several weeks or months.
However, he hinted that his ruling could be this week.
I got the impression that Goodell wants to keep the Roethlisberger affair in the headlines and keep fans speculating.
Stanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 09:18 AM   #4
whatdoiknow
Banned

Member Number: 16053

I don't think Goodell was wavering. He said no matter what, they are not delaying anything. And won't hold it off just because the draft is coming up. I think maybe a decision might just happen sometime Wednesday.
whatdoiknow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 09:22 AM   #5
Godfather
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 547

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricco Suavez View Post
This will be setting a precedence where a player not charged/arrested/convicted but only accused is suspended.
Tom Brady, Carson Palmer, and Peyton Manning sexually assaulted me. I demand that they be suspended.
Godfather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 09:37 AM   #6
BlastFurnace
Living Legend

Member Number: 6321

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godfather View Post
Tom Brady, Carson Palmer, and Peyton Manning sexually assaulted me. I demand that they be suspended.
You bring up a very interesting point. Some crazed fan of another team, knowing that Ben has one more strike left on his resume, could very well accuse him before any game at any time and this whole mess starts again.
BlastFurnace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 09:41 AM   #7
Stanley
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 16092

Colts Defensive Tackle Eric Foster has been accused of sexual assault.

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/...l-lawsuit.html

Indianapolis Colts defensive tackle Eric Foster allegedly sexually assaulted a Indiana University-Purdue University Indianapolis female student at a hotel prior to the AFC championship game and is facing a civil lawsuit, according to the Chicago Sun-Times.

The lawsuit makes allegations of sexual assault, battery, false imprisonment and intentional infliction of emotional distress.

Per the report, no criminal charges are being pursued.
Stanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 11:45 AM   #8
memphissteelergirl
Head Coach

Member Number: 2648

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanley View Post
Colts Defensive Tackle Eric Foster has been accused of sexual assault.

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/...l-lawsuit.html

Indianapolis Colts defensive tackle Eric Foster allegedly sexually assaulted a Indiana University-Purdue University Indianapolis female student at a hotel prior to the AFC championship game and is facing a civil lawsuit, according to the Chicago Sun-Times.

The lawsuit makes allegations of sexual assault, battery, false imprisonment and intentional infliction of emotional distress.

Per the report, no criminal charges are being pursued.
Can somebody say, "Slippery Slope?"
Old 04-20-2010, 11:50 AM   #9
Dino 6 Rings
Living Legend

Member Number: 6891

So will Eric Foster be suspended too?
Old 04-20-2010, 12:57 PM   #10
austinfrench76
Head Coach

Member Number: 3516

Only people that get caught up in the media circle get suspended. Its true...the media has treated a guy who has not even been charged with a crime like a deviant. He may have made a bad decision but he is not guilty as per the constitution of the united states. This is the biggest stroy of the year for some of these radio sprots guys. Im in LA and it was all over some shitty local show for 2 weeks!!
austinfrench76 is offline   Reply With Quote