Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

LOL

Old 04-20-2010, 09:23 PM   #51
SteelerFanInATL
Team Captain

Member Number: 369
Default Re: Sweed Statement.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steelerfreak58 View Post
Sweed caught an extremely important 3rd down conversion for us a couple years ago when we were marching in the playoffs to the SB if I remember correct one that kept a late 4th qtr scoring drive alive. He has dropped 2 passes for possibly huge gains but other then that most of the tools on this board want him fired for basically no real shot or chance to show his worth on a regular or consistent basis.
FINALLY, someone else remembers that catch also. I have said it before and will say it again. This kid can CATCH. It was not an easy play. Going over the middle, the pass was thrown behind him, SWEED reaches back and makes the catch while going to the ground. All hands no body catch.
Old 04-21-2010, 04:28 AM   #52
Galax Steeler
The Virginia Hillbilly
Supporter

Member Number: 3287
Thanked 3,706 Times in 1,568 Posts
My Mood: Lurking

I would love to see Sweed do well I know he can play but how long can we hang on to him if he can't produce. Come on Sweed it is now or never.
Old 04-21-2010, 09:24 AM   #53
kirklandrules
Team Captain

Member Number: 8659

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelerFanInATL View Post
FINALLY, someone else remembers that catch also. I have said it before and will say it again. This kid can CATCH. It was not an easy play. Going over the middle, the pass was thrown behind him, SWEED reaches back and makes the catch while going to the ground. All hands no body catch.
I remember this catch as well. It wasn't for a TD nor a huge gain. It was a chain mover, on a 3rd down, in a big game that kept the drive going. And yes, it was a difficult catch.
kirklandrules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 10:26 AM   #54
BigBen'sSwagger
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 15463

Sweed has excellent work ethic can run a good route but has problems in the most iimportant area catching the ball. It will take a long time of seeing him consistantly catching the ball before I will ever feel the confidence that he can catch a crucial pass. As someone pointed out he had problems in Texas as well so it seems to be a problem that is haunting him so who's to say if he makes it to the playoffs or even a Superbowl it won't haunt him again. Also as someone else pointed out he reminds me of Troy Edwards only we got some production out of Troy. WOW that's something I never thought I would say.

I also agree he can run why not make him a DB?