Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > General Football > NFL Draft

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Browns Bills
September 7, 2014, 1:00pmET

CBS

Old 04-22-2010, 03:25 PM   #21
Aussie_steeler
Head Coach

Member Number: 5037
Default Re: Kirwan's final 3 round mock draft

Demaryius Thomas's actual full academic bio is hard to source online. On a recent podcast I listened to ( scout.com radio I think) they went into a lot of detail about how Thomas would be a great character pick for the organisation if WR was identified as a huge hole on the roster. His record at GT is apparently very impressive and his wonderlic was better than Rhodes Scholar Myron Rolle.

I rate Thomas as the #2 WR on the board. However he is the #1 WR on the board if you rank via a combination of character and skill.

IMO that is the driving force behind the logic of possibly picking Demaryius Thomas. He would be a safe Public relations pick in these insane times.

Do I want to see it happen - No. I still sit firmly in the Maurkice Pouncey camp and at #18 to boot.
Old 04-22-2010, 04:04 PM   #22
revefsreleets
Living Legend

Member Number: 5353

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussie_steeler View Post
Demaryius Thomas's actual full academic bio is hard to source online. On a recent podcast I listened to ( scout.com radio I think) they went into a lot of detail about how Thomas would be a great character pick for the organisation if WR was identified as a huge hole on the roster. His record at GT is apparently very impressive and his wonderlic was better than Rhodes Scholar Myron Rolle.

I rate Thomas as the #2 WR on the board. However he is the #1 WR on the board if you rank via a combination of character and skill.

IMO that is the driving force behind the logic of possibly picking Demaryius Thomas. He would be a safe Public relations pick in these insane times.

Do I want to see it happen - No. I still sit firmly in the Maurkice Pouncey camp and at #18 to boot.

I still want CB first...OT or C next.

If there is some kind of trade, I really do NOT want Clausen. Rather pick up an OT early, a CB at 18 and LeFevour in the 2nd or 3rd.
Old 04-22-2010, 04:31 PM   #23
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 7,063 Times in 3,065 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussie_steeler View Post

exactly. heard him on sirius. sounds like a great guy. same with the alabama CB- its said that if you want someone you dont have to worry about screwing up (or talkin gibberish on twitter like bill gay) he is your man.

theres also buzz that pouncy is climbing up alot of draft boards. gil brandt released his revised "Hot 100" list this morning and has him top 20-

Quote:
(UP FROM TIER 3) Has speed and toughness. Played in the Sugar Bowl just hours after treatment for kidney stones. Very smart. Has lots of experience as a shotgun center. Maybe the best center prospect in 10 years.
kirwan says he will go earlier than expected (possibly refering to the steelers), but also noting that the broncos could desperately use him.

since philly would like e. thomas, i would have no problem trading with them and hoping we get pouncy at their slot (only risk is green bay jumping all over him, possibly even atlanta) in which case we could still probably land kareem jackson.

Quote:
(UP FROM TIER 4) Another cornerback coached by Nick Saban. Plays the run well and can play bump-and-run or off the receiver. Looks like former Cowboys great Everson Walls, who led the NFL in interceptions each of his first two seasons.
Quote:
Originally posted by Buckeyeguru
I just don't think due diligence was done when this mock was made
that is rich! 100% pure 24K comedy gold! LMAO!

whooooooo....
Old 04-22-2010, 06:13 PM   #24
revefsreleets
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony hipchest View Post
exactly. heard him on sirius. sounds like a great guy. same with the alabama CB- its said that if you want someone you dont have to worry about screwing up (or talkin gibberish on twitter like bill gay) he is your man.

theres also buzz that pouncy is climbing up alot of draft boards. gil brandt released his revised "Hot 100" list this morning and has him top 20-

kirwan says he will go earlier than expected (possibly refering to the steelers), but also noting that the broncos could desperately use him.

since philly would like e. thomas, i would have no problem trading with them and hoping we get pouncy at their slot (only risk is green bay jumping all over him, possibly even atlanta) in which case we could still probably land kareem jackson.

that is rich! 100% pure 24K comedy gold! LMAO!

whooooooo....
Garbage in, garbage out. A typical Tony post, then you backpeddle madly and blame everyone you can for the initial trash, or, in this case, ignore the salient point about how you WRONGLY called out the best FO in the NFL.

Bunker-map-boy never fails to deliver the nonsense and gobbledygook when called to the mat.
Old 04-23-2010, 07:43 AM   #25
Aussie_steeler
Head Coach

#22 Denver Broncos - Demaryius Thomas

First Wide Receiver off the board.

There was a huge buzz about Thomas over the last week. I got caught out big time last year not listening to the Tyson Jackson rumors.

I know that there are a lot of bogus sources available on the net, but I am starting to pay attention to a few more of them. Some of these guys are starting to give some good tips. ( scout.com radio)
Old 04-23-2010, 08:13 AM   #26
revefsreleets
Living Legend

That was a solid pick-up for the Bronco's....but as good as that pick was, they ruined their whole draft by selecting a 3rd rounder at pick #25.

The real problem could come as early as this year. Orton is definitely NOT the answer, and if Quinn doesn't pan out, and Denver starts losing football games due to poor QB play, they'll almost be forced to play Tebow, and he's not even close to NFL-ready...
Old 04-23-2010, 08:23 AM   #27
Aussie_steeler
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by revefsreleets View Post
That was a solid pick-up for the Bronco's....but as good as that pick was, they ruined their whole draft by selecting a 3rd rounder at pick #25.

The real problem could come as early as this year. Orton is definitely NOT the answer, and if Quinn doesn't pan out, and Denver starts losing football games due to poor QB play, they'll almost be forced to play Tebow, and he's not even close to NFL-ready...
Agreed - some mind blowing picks in the first. McDaniels is seriously trying to steal the crown from the Oakland crypt keeper. I thought he would take Dez Bryant all along. Thomas was a good pick then as you said he climbed out on the limb and jumped off.

You would have to think that Denver see him as a H Back / TE / Wildcat QB.