Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Miscellaneous > Sports Dimension

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 04-22-2010, 01:33 PM   #11
steelerdude15
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 15774
Default Re: Joakim Noah says Cleveland "sucks"

Doesn't this guy complain about everything?
steelerdude15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 03:01 PM   #12
xfl2001fan
Living Legend

Member Number: 8741

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelersinCA View Post
I'm not disagreeing the Cavs are the better team, but I think Noah is better than any of those 3 on the Cavs have right now. Stats aren't everything but no one on the Cavs comes close to Noah.
I guess we'll have to agree to disagree. Noah gets points because of hustle and he plays on a team with no stars.

Shaq gets his points because he's bigger than anyone else in the NBA.

Varejao just goes out and hustles. I think if you switch Varejao and Noah...Andy V gets similar (if not better) production than Noah. Noah's stats, meanwhile, would drop drastically...because he'd be asked to be a hustling defender...and little else.

Let Chicago add another star (Bosh, Amar'e, Wade, etc...) and Noahs stats drop drastically.
Old 04-22-2010, 06:34 PM   #13
revefsreleets
Living Legend

Member Number: 5353

How about Noah in head-to-head stats apples to apples?

Year 1: Noah
.504 FG%
.744 FT%
11 RPG
2.1 APG
1.6 BPG
10.7 PPG

Shaq:
.562 FG%
.592 FT%
13.9 RPG
1.9 APG
3.5 BPG
23.4 PPG

Interestingly, if you look at LAST years numbers, O'Neal holds up pretty well against Noah. All his numbers are comparable except RPG and FT%.

Z is pretty favorable, too.
Old 04-22-2010, 08:24 PM   #14
SteelersinCA
Team Owner
Supporter

Member Number: 9302

Quote:
Originally Posted by xfl2001fan View Post
I guess we'll have to agree to disagree. Noah gets points because of hustle and he plays on a team with no stars.

Shaq gets his points because he's bigger than anyone else in the NBA.

Varejao just goes out and hustles. I think if you switch Varejao and Noah...Andy V gets similar (if not better) production than Noah. Noah's stats, meanwhile, would drop drastically...because he'd be asked to be a hustling defender...and little else.

Let Chicago add another star (Bosh, Amar'e, Wade, etc...) and Noahs stats drop drastically.
It has happened before, it will happen again, I have no problem with disagreeing. Shaq gets his points, but varajao is a hack. Noah couldn't hold Shaq's jock back in the day but I'd rather have him now.
SteelersinCA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 07:48 AM   #15
xfl2001fan
Living Legend

Quote:
It has happened before, it will happen again, I have no problem with disagreeing. Shaq gets his points, but varajao is a hack. Noah couldn't hold Shaq's jock back in the day but I'd rather have him now.
How is Varejao a hack? He's actually a really good defender (not just a flopper that he was a few years ago). Despite coming off the bench and having no plays called for him (whatsoever) he still finds himself with a lot of points. He' s got good hands, passes the ball well, every bit as energetic as Noah and (IMO) a better defender. I just think it comes down to opportunities. On a team with lots of offensive weapons (as well as good rebounders), Noah's numbers would come down.
Old 04-23-2010, 02:23 PM   #16
SteelersinCA
Team Owner
Supporter

Quote:
How is Varejao a hack? He's actually a really good defender (not just a flopper that he was a few years ago). Despite coming off the bench and having no plays called for him (whatsoever) he still finds himself with a lot of points. He' s got good hands, passes the ball well, every bit as energetic as Noah and (IMO) a better defender. I just think it comes down to opportunities. On a team with lots of offensive weapons (as well as good rebounders), Noah's numbers would come down.
I still think he's a flopper and a hack job. I think he's a reckless defender. I think if you took Lebron off that team lots of numbers would go down. We're allowed to disagree. I mean at this point what's left to say? you think Varejao is better I don't. The stats are out there so it's just personal opinion at this point.
Old 04-23-2010, 08:10 PM   #17
xfl2001fan
Living Legend

Quote:
I still think he's a flopper and a hack job. I think he's a reckless defender. I think if you took Lebron off that team lots of numbers would go down. We're allowed to disagree. I mean at this point what's left to say? you think Varejao is better I don't. The stats are out there so it's just personal opinion at this point.
I don't doubt that we'll disagree...just trying to figure out your reasoning. Vareajo was even garnering consideration for DPOY (which is as much Howard's award to lose annually as MVP belongs to Lebron to lose.)

Of course losing Lebron would hurt a lot of players on the Cavs. He's the best player in the game today...there isn't a single team that wouldn't benefit (greatly) from his presence on the court.
Old 04-23-2010, 08:49 PM   #18
SteelersinCA
Team Owner
Supporter

Quote:
I don't doubt that we'll disagree...just trying to figure out your reasoning. Vareajo was even garnering consideration for DPOY (which is as much Howard's award to lose annually as MVP belongs to Lebron to lose.)

Of course losing Lebron would hurt a lot of players on the Cavs. He's the best player in the game today...there isn't a single team that wouldn't benefit (greatly) from his presence on the court.
Every time I see him play he reminds me of a goon in hockey that's just out there to hack at people. That's my reasoning as to why he's a hack.
Old 04-24-2010, 04:40 AM   #19
xfl2001fan
Living Legend

Quote:
Every time I see him play he reminds me of a goon in hockey that's just out there to hack at people. That's my reasoning as to why he's a hack.
HAHAHA Alright...that was amusing...and it's because I'm picturing his frenetic energy (on skates and in pads swinging a stick.)
Old 04-26-2010, 02:17 PM   #20
xfl2001fan
Living Legend

Quote:
I'm not disagreeing the Cavs are the better team, but I think Noah is better than any of those 3 on the Cavs have right now. Stats aren't everything but no one on the Cavs comes close to Noah.
I watched Noah closely...and can't quite figure out how he got a 20-20...but after last nights game...and going back and watching some of the DVR'd games from earlier in the series...I'll have to change my mind.

It's ugly as hell, but Noah (right now) is better than Varejao.