Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Referees    Browns

Old 04-24-2010, 12:04 PM   #11
JSH6487
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 16095
Default Re: Alright, my serious take on our 2nd round pick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeldude View Post
lmao...what? who is on the bench at OLB if harrison or woodley go down? frazier?

harrison isn't getting any younger either and woodley's contract ends in 2011.
We slide Timmons over to his natural position. Problem solved. We have enough depth at ILB with Foote and Fox to do that this year. I'd be willing to bet Worilds wouldn't even be the guy to step in this year if Harrison or Woodley get injured. And I sure hope they plan on extending Woodley but signs are pointing to them possibly not with all these OLBS being picked. Maybe they think he's going to demand way too much...or I guess it could be possible they plan on moving one over to ILB, but if that's the case I would of much rather them picked Lee or Spikes.
Old 04-24-2010, 12:18 PM   #12
LVSteelersfan
Living Legend

Member Number: 6620

It is not out of the question that two OLB's could be hurt at the same time. This is a violent game. I have heard pundit after pundit say that Worilds is a great pick. And we have no depth whatsoever at OLB. Since OLB is the key to the Steelers D, they needed them badly. And now Bryant McFadden is back so CB has been fixed. It gives the other two CBs from last year time to develop.

COACH - Breakfast of Champions !!!
LVSteelersfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010, 12:21 PM   #13
JSH6487
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 16095

Quote:
Originally Posted by LVSteelersfan View Post
It is not out of the question that two OLB's could be hurt at the same time. This is a violent game. I have heard pundit after pundit say that Worilds is a great pick. And we have no depth whatsoever at OLB. Since OLB is the key to the Steelers D, they needed them badly. And now Bryant McFadden is back so CB has been fixed. It gives the other two CBs from last year time to develop.
Yes, McFadden makes me feel better about this draft. Still wish they would of went in a different direction in the 2nd because of what was available, but hey what can ya do. Hopefully either Worilds or Gibson turns into a future star.
Old 04-24-2010, 12:46 PM   #14
Preacher
Living Legend

Member Number: 16327

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSH6487 View Post
Yes, McFadden makes me feel better about this draft. Still wish they would of went in a different direction in the 2nd because of what was available, but hey what can ya do. Hopefully either Worilds or Gibson turns into a future star.
I wonder if they had this deal hammered the night before last, and just waited till today to pull the trigger. That would explain our ignoring the DBs
Preacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010, 04:46 PM   #15
Steeldude
Living Legend

Quote:
We slide Timmons over to his natural position. Problem solved. We have enough depth at ILB with Foote and Fox to do that this year. I'd be willing to bet Worilds wouldn't even be the guy to step in this year if Harrison or Woodley get injured. And I sure hope they plan on extending Woodley but signs are pointing to them possibly not with all these OLBS being picked. Maybe they think he's going to demand way too much...or I guess it could be possible they plan on moving one over to ILB, but if that's the case I would of much rather them picked Lee or Spikes.
the steelers have timmons embedded at ILB. i seriously doubt they move him. i see no problem with moving timmons to OLB, but from all of the things i have read over the years he is a fixture at ILB and the replacement for farrior.

the knock on lee was bad knees. spikes 5.1 40 time make him a liability, IMO.

here is hoping at least 4 draft picks are gems.
Old 04-24-2010, 04:57 PM   #16
pancake
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 13552
My Mood: Breezy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Preacher View Post
I wonder if they had this deal hammered the night before last, and just waited till today to pull the trigger. That would explain our ignoring the DBs
I said the samething in another post.
pancake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010, 05:31 PM   #17
43Hitman
BACON!!
Supporter

Member Number: 1251
My Mood: Cheerful

Quote:
Remember though, that when you have an injury, the guy that comes off of the bench generally is also a ST player(and our ST players were not very good last year), so when you factor that into the equation, it becomes apparent that depth is needed.

"Football is a physical game, or at least it used to be" -Mel Blount
43Hitman is offline   Reply With Quote