Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 04-26-2010, 12:53 AM   #21
7willBheaven
Starter

Member Number: 13312
Default Re: Steelers 2011 veteran free agents

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelKnight View Post
Cool. Thanks. It was what I was initially thinking when I saw that we drafted him since he wasn't a DE.

That means he is going to practice squad because Fox is pretty good and they won't keep 5 ILBs. Keep in mind last years team had 3. I think they will keep 4.
Of course...unless he somehow/someway outshines Fox...which i doubt...I think he'd be safe on the PS...he may only have to last there 1 yr...depending how much Farrior declines and/or if they re-sign Fox after this yr.
7willBheaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 01:00 AM   #22
SteelKnight
Team President

Member Number: 16119

I think it would be nice to use the uncapped year to take care of Troy and Timmons. It is legal. As long as we just go over by 10-15 million, nobody will care. Watch the Jets do it. Timmons agent is Drew Rosenhaus.
SteelKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 01:06 AM   #23
SteelKnight
Team President

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7willBheaven View Post
Of course...unless he somehow/someway outshines Fox...which i doubt...I think he'd be safe on the PS...he may only have to last there 1 yr...depending how much Farrior declines and/or if they re-sign Fox after this yr.
I kinda like Fox. I think he could start somewhere. There must be something we don't know (weakness). He seems competent to me.

I think people forget that most teams only have 7 picks and only 4 or so make the 53m team. We had 10 picks...maybe 5 will make it. The rest will go to te PS. I already know the first 3 and Dwyer are locks so maybe 1 more of the others...maybe none. They can't afford to put Sanders on the PS. He'll be picked up. They'd look stupid wasting their 3rd round pick. It just won't happen.

I will say that if they can outperform Battle and Allen on ST, there could be more because those 2 were acquired for ST. I believe all the dead weight ST will be cut (Fraizer, Baily, Woods, Arnold Harrison, Madison ...bye)
Old 04-26-2010, 01:42 AM   #24
7willBheaven
Starter

Member Number: 13312

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelKnight View Post
I kinda like Fox. I think he could start somewhere. There must be something we don't know (weakness). He seems competent to me.

I think people forget that most teams only have 7 picks and only 4 or so make the 53m team. We had 10 picks...maybe 5 will make it. The rest will go to te PS. I already know the first 3 and Dwyer are locks so maybe 1 more of the others...maybe none. They can't afford to put Sanders on the PS. He'll be picked up. They'd look stupid wasting their 3rd round pick. It just won't happen.

I will say that if they can outperform Battle and Allen on ST, there could be more because those 2 were acquired for ST. I believe all the dead weight ST will be cut (Fraizer, Baily, Woods, Arnold Harrison, Madison ...bye)
I too like Fox and would rather not loose him either, he has been a solid pickup for us, and he seems to like it here too, I wouldnt mind keeping him around..as he is still young too...it all depends on Farrior...(as far as the Fox vs. Sylvestor stuff)...if Farrior plays the 2011 season and Sylvestor made it on the PS all of the 2010 season...then he can go right back there for the 2011 season and probably make the team for the 2012 season....or if this is Farriors last yr...then he will make it next yr.

Woods and Harrison (esp him) havent been on the team in a long time. Frazier and Bailey are pretty much out because we drafted Worilds and Gibson. Madison is the only 1 of the bunch that MIGHT stay...or at least if hes cut he'll could be brought back quicker than the rest if someone goes down/etc.
7willBheaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 02:03 AM   #25
SteelKnight
Team President

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7willBheaven View Post
Woods and Harrison (esp him) havent been on the team in a long time. Frazier and Bailey are pretty much out because we drafted Worilds and Gibson. Madison is the only 1 of the bunch that MIGHT stay...or at least if hes cut he'll could be brought back quicker than the rest if someone goes down/etc.
LOL See how useless and interchangable they are. Last I checked on those special teamers was last off season. A. Harrison had missed the year and we had won the Superbowl without him but he was still on the off season roster trying to make the team. Woods they were talking keeping since he had the skill to move to ILB. Sorry for my laziness to double check which of these losers are actually still on the team. They were all on the team of and on for years. Funny.(just checked Woods is on the Cowboys...lol)