Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Miscellaneous > Art Gallery

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Bills Bills
August 16th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 04-27-2010, 05:07 PM   #11
HOFCitySteelers
Water Boy

Member Number: 13855
Default Re: Complete list of 2010 McFarlane (Steelers) figures

Not really even sure that the jersey and shoes match. They've got him wearing the jerseys that the Steelers started wearing in 97, with some late 80s turf shoes lol. I can't remember Bettis not wearing gloves. Even in college I think he wore gloves. McFarlane toys are getting lazy. They'll probably do like they did with Ward. MAke a figure, then rerelease it with new shoes and gloves. Whay wouldn't they have put him in the jersey with Block numbers??????

I remember a year or 2 ago watching a video on the process of making one of these figures. Thye claim to have a ton of pictures to go through so they can get perfect detail. Thats really not showing in their product on the Bettis figure.
HOFCitySteelers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 09:47 AM   #12
Vincent
Team President
Supporter

Member Number: 10927

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOFCitySteelers View Post
Not really even sure that the jersey and shoes match. They've got him wearing the jerseys that the Steelers started wearing in 97, with some late 80s turf shoes lol. I can't remember Bettis not wearing gloves. Even in college I think he wore gloves. McFarlane toys are getting lazy. They'll probably do like they did with Ward. MAke a figure, then rerelease it with new shoes and gloves. Whay wouldn't they have put him in the jersey with Block numbers??????

I remember a year or 2 ago watching a video on the process of making one of these figures. Thye claim to have a ton of pictures to go through so they can get perfect detail. Thats really not showing in their product on the Bettis figure.
Its an Earl Campbell repaint, nothing more. That would make the shoes 70s. You're spot on in your observations.

My hope is that this is an early prototype photo, and that they'll get enough flak to make the appropriate changes before it goes into production. They had the wrong facemask in the early photos of the 12" Ben and got it right in production.

The astroturf shoes and new numerals could work if they get the right look for the shoes and put gloves on him. They did play in TRS in the new jerseys.

"We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress & the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution,
but overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution."

Abraham Lincoln
Vincent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 12:18 PM   #13
HOFCitySteelers
Water Boy

I understand that it is cheaper to repaint figures. However, I'm willing to bet that the vast majority of people who collect their figures are pretty serious collectors and want a better product than they seem to want to put on the market. thats a good way to lose busines

Last edited by HOFCitySteelers; 04-30-2010 at 01:08 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 04-29-2010, 10:12 PM   #14
Vincent
Team President
Supporter

Quote:
I understand that it is cheaper to repaint figures. However, I'm willing to bet that the vast majority of people who collect their figures are pretty series collectors and want a better product than they seem to want to put on the market. thats a good way to lose busines
This is why people do customs.

McFarlane isn't going to lose any business. They sell every one they make. Except Jamarcus.

"We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress & the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution,

Abraham Lincoln
Old 04-30-2010, 01:09 PM   #15
HOFCitySteelers
Water Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vincent View Post
This is why people do customs.

McFarlane isn't going to lose any business. They sell every one they make. Except Jamarcus.
Right, but that can get expensive. I am still working on the Hines Ward superbowl figure I was gonna attempt. I had to but a hines ward, tiki barber and teddy bruschi. Not to mention paint and all of the other supplies lol.
Old 04-30-2010, 05:55 PM   #16
Vincent
Team President
Supporter

Quote:
Right, but that can get expensive. I am still working on the Hines Ward superbowl figure I was gonna attempt. I had to but a hines ward, tiki barber and teddy bruschi. Not to mention paint and all of the other supplies lol.
The SI cover shot? I'll look forward to seeing that! I have the decals if you need them.

Abraham Lincoln
Old 01-20-2011, 11:23 AM   #17
SteelersLady
Water Boy

Member Number: 17813

Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerSteel View Post
next thing you know is he is going to be getting sued by parents for their babies get some kind of lead poisoning by sucking on all of his mcfarlane figures.
haha
SteelersLady is offline   Reply With Quote