Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Steelers Draft Central > ** The War Room 2012 **

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 05-02-2010, 01:43 AM   #21
jollyrob68
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 15873
Default Re: Jason Worilds or Sean Lee?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steel Bill View Post
Who said Lee would beat out anyone. I said that he is better suited to start day 1 and contribute. Which also would mean that he is more NFL ready, which was my point.

Steel Bill
I think they had concerns about the Knee and Tomlin wanted Worilds. Lee would of been nice.
jollyrob68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2010, 06:49 AM   #22
pete74
Super Moderator
Supporter

Member Number: 15921

i love the worilds pick but i thought for sure we were going to take Lee then move Timmons to OLB. Timmons dosnt seem like he will ever make the pro bowl as an ILB but i belive he has a chance at OLB and im sure anyone who watches him attack the QB when he plays on the outside agrees
pete74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2010, 08:48 AM   #23
jollyrob68
Bench Warmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete74 View Post
i love the worilds pick but i thought for sure we were going to take Lee then move Timmons to OLB. Timmons dosnt seem like he will ever make the pro bowl as an ILB but i belive he has a chance at OLB and im sure anyone who watches him attack the QB when he plays on the outside agrees
I think we'll have to keep an eye on Harrison this year as Age & Injuries are creeping up on him. I like Timmons but he need to stay healthy.
Old 05-02-2010, 09:26 AM   #24
pete74
Super Moderator
Supporter

Member Number: 15921

Quote:
Originally Posted by jollyrob68 View Post
I think we'll have to keep an eye on Harrison this year as Age & Injuries are creeping up on him. I like Timmons but he need to stay healthy.
if harrison dosnt play great this year i think we will cut him. he makes way to much money for us to keep unless he keeps playing at a very high level. i say he has 2 years left. im just hoping we sign woodley before the season starts because that would be horrible if we let him go
pete74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2010, 09:41 AM   #25
El-Gonzo Jackson
Living Legend

Member Number: 8264
Thanked 3,492 Times in 1,650 Posts

This is where I think the Steelers chose need and speed as opposed to BPA. With Timmons, Foote, Farrior, Fox already inside.....Lee would have pushed Fox outside. Worilds is a better overall athlete, but still a guy that is a bit raw and will get some situational play backing up at OLB.

In 2-3 years, we will see that this was the better move.
Old 05-02-2010, 10:19 AM   #26
St33lersguy
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 8456

Worilds looks like another Huey Richardson
St33lersguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2010, 06:27 PM   #27
jollyrob68
Bench Warmer

Mike Tomlin is making this team into his image and I cant blame him. People keep saying he won with Cowhers player. Thats funny because he won a hell of a lot faster with these guys than Cowher did. He got rid of porter so JAmes Harrison could shine.
I do fear that this may be the last year for Kevin Colbert. They work well together but dont agree on the same people as posed by this thread. I hope we keep Kevin Colbert and continue build The Greatest Organization In The World!
Old 05-02-2010, 10:35 PM   #28
Psyychoward86
Living Legend

Member Number: 10772

Quote:
Originally Posted by jollyrob68 View Post
Mike Tomlin is making this team into his image and I cant blame him. People keep saying he won with Cowhers player. Thats funny because he won a hell of a lot faster with these guys than Cowher did. He got rid of porter so JAmes Harrison could shine.
I do fear that this may be the last year for Kevin Colbert. They work well together but dont agree on the same people as posed by this thread. I hope we keep Kevin Colbert and continue build The Greatest Organization In The World!
Huh, how do you know Colbert and Tomlin dont agree on the same guys?
Psyychoward86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 02:13 AM   #29
jollyrob68
Bench Warmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psyychoward86 View Post
Huh, how do you know Colbert and Tomlin dont agree on the same guys?
Heres the chat again from beat writer Gerry Dulac.
Heres the Q&A from the chat
Steel Curtain Rising: Gerry, during these chats both you and Ed have mentioned that you've gotten the feeling that the Steelers coaches and front office have not always been on the same page regarding personnel. Now that we’ve been through free agency and the draft, do you get any sense that they have rectified this issue?

Gerry Dulac I think for the most part they are on the same page. They -- and I mean Mike Tomlin and Kevin Colbert -- do a good job of agreeing on picks. But there are times where the coach might like a player a little more than where the team has him rated and I think that's what happened with their second round pick, jason Worilds. My information, and it came from high up, was that the Steelers wanted to take Sean Lee of PSU on the second round, but they didn't think he woudl be there at their turn. And I was told they would not trade up to get him, even though they had a first-round grade on Lee, which means he was ranked among their top 32 players. Well, Lee was there when it came their turn and they passed on him because Tomlin, I'm told, loved Jason Worilds. So, yes, there was some measure of disagreement, I can only assume.

This was the sole purpose of this thread. To findout what us fans thought.
I'm happy with our draft and cant wait for training camp.
Old 05-03-2010, 05:04 AM   #30
Galax Steeler
The Virginia Hillbilly
Supporter

Member Number: 3287
Thanked 3,902 Times in 1,636 Posts
My Mood: Lurking

I guess we will have to wait and see if Worlids pans out. I say he will and hopefully we will have Harrisons replacement in the making.