Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Miscellaneous > Sports Dimension

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Closed Thread

Old 05-07-2010, 01:26 PM   #11
Steel_12
Starter
Supporter

Member Number: 8295
Default Re: Lebron James Amazing

All that talent and can't take his team to the title.
Old 05-07-2010, 01:43 PM   #12
revefsreleets
Living Legend

Member Number: 5353

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steel_12 View Post
All that talent, and Michael Jordon took 7 years to take his team to a title.

Oh, look here....it's LeBron's 7th year! Imagine that...
Old 05-07-2010, 01:51 PM   #13
Steel_12
Starter
Supporter

He had the best record in the NBA last year and FAILED. Best record in the NBA this year and will FAIL. He is not Jordan...he doesn't know how to use his teammates in the 4th quarter.

Boston should be up 2-0 right now...
Old 05-07-2010, 01:55 PM   #14
Nadroj 20
Team President

Member Number: 14045

Quote:
He had the best record in the NBA last year and FAILED. Best record in the NBA this year and will FAIL. He is not Jordan...he doesn't know how to use his teammates in the 4th quarter.

LOL....he is one of the best passers in the NBA and when the 4th quarter comes around LEBRON is the person they want to have the ball....ummm because hes the best player!
Old 05-07-2010, 02:04 PM   #15
revefsreleets
Living Legend

Member Number: 5353

Steel 12 isn't real bright to begin with....please don't further confuse him with facts and solid, well-reasoned out logic.
Old 05-07-2010, 02:23 PM   #16
Steel_12
Starter
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nadroj 20 View Post
LOL....he is one of the best passers in the NBA and when the 4th quarter comes around LEBRON is the person they want to have the ball....ummm because hes the best player!
What I'm saying is that his teammates stand around and watch him in the 4th quarter. He feels the need to takeover in the 4th instead of playing team ball. That's why he averages the most points in the 4th quarter. But that doesn't work in the playoffs.

Steelers Fever Backwards Guy.... You don't need logic when you have facts and the fact is that he didn't win with the best team last year. And he won't win with the best team this year. Blaming the elbow is bs...Kobe plays with a broken finger for a whole season and he never winces or complains. Bron Bron needs to toughen up.

But like I said, he won't win a title playing team ball 3 quarters.
Old 05-07-2010, 03:12 PM   #17
xfl2001fan
Living Legend

Member Number: 8741

Quote:
He's taken his team to the finals before...with significantly less talent.
Quote:
So Lebron failed...not the Cleveland Cavaliers (not Mo Williams who went ice cold in the playoffs...or Delonte West who was too small to cover Hedo Turkoglu...not Anderson Varejao who couldn't keep up with Rashard Lewis as a PF...or Dwight Howard as a C...not Z for not being able to play Dwight Howard as a C). Not, it has to be Lebron who failed last year. Despite having (statistically) one of the greatest all time performances. You do realize it takes a TEAM to win...not just one great player.

Boston should be at 1-1 right now...because Lebron, Mo (and company) prevented that from happening by closing out Game 1 with a very strong performance. Notice, it took some of Lebron's teammates to step it up against a TEAM that plays great TEAM ball in the playoffs.

Quote:
What I'm saying is that his teammates stand around and watch him in the 4th quarter. He feels the need to takeover in the 4th instead of playing team ball. That's why he averages the most points in the 4th quarter. But that doesn't work in the playoffs.
Yes, he feels the need to take over in the 4th because that's what his teammates expect him to do. He does have a lot of 4th quarter points...did you know he also has a lot of 4th quarter assists too? Assists = passing the ball to teammates (who then make a shot...) In the playoffs, you need for your entire TEAM to play 4 quarters of basketball to win...and that's something Lebron has never had happen. It's always been him. He can't help it that the talent around him is what it is...he can only do the best he can with what he's got. That's why it took Michael 7 years to win a title. Lebron is still looking for his "Pippen".
Quote:
Steelers Fever Backwards Guy.... You don't need logic when you have facts and the fact is that he didn't win with the best team last year. And he won't win with the best team this year. Blaming the elbow is bs...Kobe plays with a broken finger for a whole season and he never winces or complains. Bron Bron needs to toughen up.
Having the best regular season win total doesn't make you the best TEAM. TEAM ball involves movement, passing and other players stepping up when the going gets tough. Last year, Mo (his #2 sidekick) went ice cold...and neither MJ nor Kobe would win on a team where Delonte West is his 2nd best player...so why you think Lebron should be able to...I just don't know.

This team is a much stronger/deeper team than last year...but it still requires people to step up their game. Right now, they've done it for 1 half of basketball. Hopefully tonight, they'll put together two strong halves and blow out Boston. Of course, this is hardly the first strong/solid team to trip up in the 2nd round. LA looked awful last year against Houston. In fact, every team since the 01 Lakers that's won the ship had an ugly outing in the 2nd round.
Quote:
But like I said, he won't win a title playing team ball 3 quarters.
You're right...Lebron needs for his TEAMMATES to step up and play TEAM ball instead of just standing around. The HEAD COACH needs to COACH the team to stick with the gameplan of playing TEAM ball...and Lebron also needs to enforce the TEAM ball concept. However...in the playoffs, there are no INDIVIDUAL winners. Kobe won when he had SHAQ or GASOL. Name one guy on the Cavs that compares to Shaq (2000-2003) or Gasol now? There isn't one guy (outside of Lebron) of that caliber on their roster at this moment. Not one.

IF the Cavs don't win it...it's because (despite the fact that this is the most talented team Cleveland has had during the Lebron era) of talent deficiencies/matchup issues. Personally, I think the Cavs need to run a lot more than what they are doing. Make Boston pay for their physicality by making them too tired to be physical.
Old 05-07-2010, 04:02 PM   #18
Steel_12
Starter
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by xfl2001fan View Post
He's taken his team to the finals before...with significantly less talent.

So what...If you're not first, you're last! lol

So Lebron failed...not the Cleveland Cavaliers (not Mo Williams who went ice cold in the playoffs...or Delonte West who was too small to cover Hedo Turkoglu...not Anderson Varejao who couldn't keep up with Rashard Lewis as a PF...or Dwight Howard as a C...not Z for not being able to play Dwight Howard as a C). Not, it has to be Lebron who failed last year. Despite having (statistically) one of the greatest all time performances. You do realize it takes a TEAM to win...not just one great player.

Yes he failed...along with the other players on the team. I didn't mention them because they aren't the leader. I just said that it takes a TEAM but Cleveland sits around and watches Queen James in the 4th quarter.

Boston should be at 1-1 right now...because Lebron, Mo (and company) prevented that from happening by closing out Game 1 with a very strong performance. Notice, it took some of Lebron's teammates to step it up against a TEAM that plays great TEAM ball in the playoffs.

Exactly my point...the TEAM closed out the game by not sitting around and watching LeBron try to close the game out.

Yes, he feels the need to take over in the 4th because that's what his teammates expect him to do. He does have a lot of 4th quarter points...did you know he also has a lot of 4th quarter assists too? Assists = passing the ball to teammates (who then make a shot...) In the playoffs, you need for your entire TEAM to play 4 quarters of basketball to win...and that's something Lebron has never had happen. It's always been him. He can't help it that the talent around him is what it is...he can only do the best he can with what he's got. That's why it took Michael 7 years to win a title. Lebron is still looking for his "Pippen".

He has the ball in his hands more than 98% of the league (my stat lol) so I'm not surprised he has a lot of assists. I bet that when he does have a lot of assists in the 4th quarter, his team wins most of them. Did you not read what I said? I've already stated that he needs to play TEAM ball in the 4th quarter to win. He's got plenty of talent around him...don't give me that bs.

Having the best regular season win total doesn't make you the best TEAM. TEAM ball involves movement, passing and other players stepping up when the going gets tough. Last year, Mo (his #2 sidekick) went ice cold...and neither MJ nor Kobe would win on a team where Delonte West is his 2nd best player...so why you think Lebron should be able to...I just don't know.

When you beat everybody in the regular season, what does it make you? Even though the West has been a stronger conference for YEARS now, his Cavs have beaten them during the regular season. What part of LeBron needs to play TEAM ball in the 4th aren't you understanding? That ball movement, passing and other players stepping up can't happen if they are standing around watching LeBron hold the ball for 21 seconds and then hoisting up a 3 or bullrushing the rim!

This team is a much stronger/deeper team than last year...but it still requires people to step up their game. Right now, they've done it for 1 half of basketball. Hopefully tonight, they'll put together two strong halves and blow out Boston. Of course, this is hardly the first strong/solid team to trip up in the 2nd round. LA looked awful last year against Houston. In fact, every team since the 01 Lakers that's won the ship had an ugly outing in the 2nd round.

I wouldn't say LA looked awful last year...I would say that they took HOU for granted without Yao. But you can't compare that team to the Cavs this year only because your star player is injured and can't seem to play through it. Let's hope Boston holds home court advantage.

You're right...Lebron needs for his TEAMMATES to step up and play TEAM ball instead of just standing around. The HEAD COACH needs to COACH the team to stick with the gameplan of playing TEAM ball...and Lebron also needs to enforce the TEAM ball concept. However...in the playoffs, there are no INDIVIDUAL winners. Kobe won when he had SHAQ or GASOL. Name one guy on the Cavs that compares to Shaq (2000-2003) or Gasol now? There isn't one guy (outside of Lebron) of that caliber on their roster at this moment. Not one.

The Lakers have no bench but Cleveland does. Why ya'll don't play Hickson more is beyond me. I do know that Jamison can hold his own with anybody on the offensive end...he hasn't played D since UNC lol. Nobody can compart to Shaq back then but you have it backwards. Shaq was the man on those teams, not Kobe (even though he closed out the games).

IF the Cavs don't win it...it's because (despite the fact that this is the most talented team Cleveland has had during the Lebron era) of talent deficiencies/matchup issues. Personally, I think the Cavs need to run a lot more than what they are doing. Make Boston pay for their physicality by making them too tired to be physical.

I agree that the Cavs need to run more. I just dont' see them beating Orlando even if they get past Boston. I can't understand how LeBron can take them to the best record in the regular season but fizzle in the playoffs. He's trying to hard to get that ring instead of playing like he played to get them the #1 seed
IMO
Old 05-07-2010, 04:21 PM   #19
xfl2001fan
Living Legend

Member Number: 8741

Quote:
So what...If you're not first, you're last! lol
So true...but LEBRON has carried this team farther than any other superstar (including Kobe) could have done. Period. Because he does more than any other player is capable of. He can hit the 3 ball, drive to the basket (with the best) run the court on a fastbreak...and stop the fastbreak basket. He has more APG than all but 5 people in the NBA. There are 30 teams with a starting PG on them...and he has more assists than all but a small handful. Lebron isn't the problem on this team.
Quote:
Yes he failed...along with the other players on the team. I didn't mention them because they aren't the leader. I just said that it takes a TEAM but Cleveland sits around and watches Queen James in the 4th quarter.
King James isn't the problem. His TEAM is.

Quote:
Exactly my point...the TEAM closed out the game by not sitting around and watching LeBron try to close the game out.
And when the TEAM stepped up, Lebron was fine. It's not Lebron's fault.

Quote:
He has the ball in his hands more than 98% of the league (my stat lol) so I'm not surprised he has a lot of assists. I bet that when he does have a lot of assists in the 4th quarter, his team wins most of them. Did you not read what I said? I've already stated that he needs to play TEAM ball in the 4th quarter to win. He's got plenty of talent around him...don't give me that bs.
He has talent around him...but not near as much as people think. An overrated Mo Williams (can't play defense.) An extremely aging Shaq and Z... Jamison (not a great defender). Anderson Varejao (highly underrated). Delonte West (who's good when his head is on straight.) An overrated Anthony Parker. An OK Jamario Moon.

Lebron makes them all better through his play.

Quote:
When you beat everybody in the regular season, what does it make you? Even though the West has been a stronger conference for YEARS now, his Cavs have beaten them during the regular season. What part of LeBron needs to play TEAM ball in the 4th aren't you understanding? That ball movement, passing and other players stepping up can't happen if they are standing around watching LeBron hold the ball for 21 seconds and then hoisting up a 3 or bullrushing the rim!
It makes you the #1 seed...but the playoffs aren't about who had the best regular season...the playoffs are about MATCHUPS. Last year, the Cavs matched up very poorly with Orlando...because they had no one for Dwight...and Lebron can't cover both Hedo Turkoglu and Rashard Lewis. They didn't have anybody who could really guard the other guy because Andy V wasn't athletic enough to keep up with Lewis...and Delonte was way too short to cover Turkoglu.

Quote:
I wouldn't say LA looked awful last year...I would say that they took HOU for granted without Yao. But you can't compare that team to the Cavs this year only because your star player is injured and can't seem to play through it. Let's hope Boston holds home court advantage.
LA looked AWFUL last year. They did. That's why it went 7 games. They did take Houston for granted...but not for 3 losses. That was just terrible play against a very scrappy team. They got it together in time to get through the Western Finals and then on to beat an Orlando team that couldn't matchup with them.
Quote:
The Lakers have no bench but Cleveland does. Why ya'll don't play Hickson more is beyond me. I do know that Jamison can hold his own with anybody on the offensive end...he hasn't played D since UNC lol. Nobody can compart to Shaq back then but you have it backwards. Shaq was the man on those teams, not Kobe (even though he closed out the games).
Hickson is still lost on defense. There's a reason why Rasheed Wallace went off the way he did on offense in game 2. When Hickson was covering him...he scored at will. Hickson provides a very fast offense and would be great in Phoenix. But his half court defense needs a lot of work still. I know that Shaq had Kobe as his Pippen (something I have touted for many many years). However, the times that Kobe's team won the rings involved having two star players. Shaq and Kobe or Kobe and Gasol. Both teams also had a pretty strong supporting cast. If you want me to make that comparison again...Lebron doesn't have anyone on his team as good as Kobe was in the 2000-2003 years (since Kobe was the 2nd fiddle during that timeframe).
Quote:
I agree that the Cavs need to run more. I just dont' see them beating Orlando even if they get past Boston. I can't understand how LeBron can take them to the best record in the regular season but fizzle in the playoffs. He's trying to hard to get that ring instead of playing like he played to get them the #1 seed
Getting past Boston will be tough..and Orlando is no easy team to beat either. That being said, Shaq can neutralize Howard...which allows our team to play in more one on one matchups that favor us. The trade of Turkoglu for Vinsanity actually favors the Cavs in regards to matchups...because Delonte can actually make Carters life a living hell on the basketball court. Jamison has done well against Rashard Lewis throughout his career...and allows Lebron to free lance more. The only real issue becomes PG where Mo and Jameer Nelson could have a career night on any given night (because neither are great defenders.) Both players are capable of getting real hot real fast.
Old 05-07-2010, 06:04 PM   #20
SteelersinCA
Team Owner
Supporter

Member Number: 9302

It's simple, if the Cavs win LBJ stays, if they don't he's gone. We've heard this all before; last year someone had a "very good source that a deal was going to be done soon." Never happened. One team I've never heard mentioned is the Lakers. Kobe is getting to the end and they can afford it. Just throwing it out there. We'll all know in 2 months.

By the way, anyone care to explain how Nate Robinson's jersey was #11 in sales. WHO THE HELL IS NATE ROBINSON???? Imagine LBJ's cut of the money from his Nike gear if he was a net or Knick or Laker or Celtic. Unreal money that everyone wants to conveniently ignore. Yes, I know jersey sales are shared but I'm talking about his L23 brand. If Nate freaking Robinson ranks 11 in jersey sales, LBJ would make a killing.
Closed Thread