Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > General Football > NFL Draft

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

LOL

Old 05-06-2010, 07:47 PM   #1
pete74
Super Moderator
Supporter

Member Number: 15921
Default 2010 all-draft team

QB Jimmy Clausen(notes), Carolina Panthers
Not only is Clausen the most NFL-ready of any rookie quarterback coming into the league, he also comes into a great situation in terms of team/talent. I expect him to win the starting quarterback job early in his rookie year - if not right out of camp—and instantly complete a high percentage of throws behind a capable Carolina run game. Clausen should be an instant upgrade at the QB spot for the Panthers.

Jahvid Best

RB Jahvid Best(notes), Detroit Lions
A dynamic open-field runner who showcases impressive vision and patience when asked to run between the tackles. Should be the Lions’ lead back on opening day.

FB John Conner(notes), New York Jets
A tough, powerful lead blocker who’s a team-first guy. Conner should pave the way for one of the league’s best running games in 2010.

WR Dez Bryant(notes), Dallas Cowboys
Say what you want about Bryant and his immaturity, but he’s one of the most talented wide receiver prospects to come along in years and should be an instant impact guy in the Cowboys’ high-powered passing game.

WR Eric Decker(notes), Denver Broncos
He’s smart and savvy and is a much better athlete than given credit for. I don’t think he has the long-term upside of some of the other top-tier wideouts in the class, but he should be able to come in and quickly be productive working the middle of the field.

TE Aaron Hernandez(notes), New England Patriots
Hernandez couldn’t have found a better home. He’ll consistently be asked to line up off the line, get down the field and create mismatches in the pass game. Should end up being one of the most productive pass catchers to come out of the class, regardless of position.

OL Russell Okung(notes), Seattle Seahawks
Starts what should be a very good career anchoring the blind side of the Seahawks’ O-line.

OL Maurkice Pouncey(notes), Pittsburgh Steelers
Looks like an instant starter for the Steelers inside. Could end up playing at a very high level early in his NFL career.

OL Mike Iupati(notes), San Francisco 49ers
Might have some growing pains early but has a skill set that’s second to none. Once the light goes on, watch out.

OL Rodger Saffold(notes), St. Louis Rams
An instant starter up front for the Rams. He should quickly mature into one of, if not their most, efficient offensive linemen.

OL John Jerry(notes), Miami Dolphins
It’s only a matter of time before he starts at guard for the Dolphins and paves the way for their run game inside. Looks like one of the real gems of the offensive line class.

Defense

DL Terrence Cody(notes), Baltimore Ravens
He might not produce eye-popping stats at any point in his career, but Cody is a guy who will eat up blocks inside and make everyone else’s job that much easier.

DL Brandon Graham(notes), Philadelphia Eagles
The draft’s most NFL-ready pass rusher. Graham should be able to come in, win a starting job on the Eagles’ D-line and create havoc on third downs.

DL Lamarr Houston(notes), Oakland Raiders
I love the idea of moving Houston outside to play the end spot in the Raiders’ 4-3 defense to help against the run. He has the ability to anchor on first and second downs with the first step and power to create a push vs. the pass.

DL Ndamukong Suh(notes), Detroit Lions
Sure, he’s going to attract a ton of attention inside. However, the presence of a guy like Suh will help lead the revival of the Lions’ defensive line.

LB Rolando McClain(notes), Oakland Raiders
A massive, instinctive downhill backer who would be my bet to lead all rookies in tackles in 2010.

LB Jason Worilds(notes), Pittsburgh Steelers
His first-step burst and overall athleticism will make him an instant threat on the Pittsburgh defense off the edge.

LB Jermaine Cunningham(notes), New England Patriots
Cunningham is one guy who really flew under the radar all draft season. However, he’s an explosive, coordinated athlete who should be able to step in and instantly improve the Pats’ ability to reach the passer on third downs.

DB Eric Berry(notes), Kansas City Chiefs
How could we leave this guy off the list? He’s got the skill set needed to redirect and track the football in space, plus he’s one of the most instinctive defensive backs to come along in years.

DB Nate Allen(notes), Philadelphia Eagles
Possesses the footwork and body control of a cornerback and is a real ballhawk in the secondary.

DB T.J. Ward(notes), Cleveland Browns
A small, but mighty striker who loves to throw his body around and should mature into a sound three-down safety in the NFL.

DB Devin McCourty(notes), New England Patriots
He may lack elite quick-twitch ability when asked to get back up to speed, but he’s technically sound, physical off the line and knows how to play the football, which makes him a great fit in New England’s secondary.

Last edited by pete74; 05-08-2010 at 04:40 AM.
pete74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2010, 04:50 AM   #2
Aussie_steeler
Head Coach

Member Number: 5037
Default Re: 2010 all-draft team

Without ever playing a snap my team is

QB - Bradford
RB - Spiller
FB - Gerhart
WR - D. THomas & D. Bryant
TE - Gresham
OT - Okung & Williams
OG - Iupati and Asamoah
OC - Pouncey

DE - Morgan, Graham
DT - Suh McCoy
OLB - Weatherspoon, Hughes
ILB - McClain
CB - Haden, Jackson
FS - Thomas
SS - Berry

One or two is sure to let us down along the way
Old 05-07-2010, 05:21 AM   #3
Galax Steeler
The Virginia Hillbilly
Supporter

Member Number: 3287
Thanked 3,729 Times in 1,578 Posts
My Mood: Lurking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussie_steeler View Post

RB - Spiller
Agreed Spiller should be in front of Best. Spiller we be a dynamic running back in the league.
Old 05-07-2010, 05:06 PM   #4
pete74
Super Moderator
Supporter

spiller is also underweight and extremly injury prone. only time will tell who was right though
Old 05-07-2010, 05:09 PM   #5
pete74
Super Moderator
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussie_steeler View Post

QB - Bradford
RB - Spiller
FB - Gerhart
WR - D. THomas & D. Bryant
TE - Gresham
OT - Okung & Williams
OG - Iupati and Asamoah
OC - Pouncey

DE - Morgan, Graham
DT - Suh McCoy
OLB - Weatherspoon, Hughes
ILB - McClain
CB - Haden, Jackson
FS - Thomas
SS - Berry

One or two is sure to let us down along the way
of course you picked the guys drafted 1st but unfortunatly thats not the way it works. there is always 1st round busts. just because someone looks great in college dosnt mean they will ever do well in the pros
Old 05-07-2010, 05:54 PM   #6
Aussie_steeler
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete74 View Post
of course you picked the guys drafted 1st but unfortunatly thats not the way it works. there is always 1st round busts. just because someone looks great in college dosnt mean they will ever do well in the pros
Yeah - I did state that.

I love Nate Allen ( pimped hard for him all year) but at this point I think Thomas might be a little better for an All- draft team.

Best and Spiller both might be fragile but my preference is for Spiller.

Not a Clausen fan, more of a Bradford fan. I am thinking about now that Jake Locker is kicking himself that he didnt come out. Locker made Bradford a lot of money.

Okung, Williams, Iupati and Pouncey are no brainers. Asamoah I think will be a great interior guy. ( probably could have converted on of the OT to OG but didnt go there)

WR and TE were no contest for me. Fullback is a lottery but Gerhart could be a good one or another Ron Dayne.

I know that I would take Brandon Graham over Jason Worilds if given the chance. I went with a 4-3 due to the talent available. I couldnt pass Suh and McCoy for Dan Williams. Weatherspoon IMO is a great fit at OLB in the 4-3.

How do you split McCourty and Jackson. I took the guy who has played in a pro-style D at Bama and think he would be more NFL ready.

I can understand that you think I am some hick who just copies lists from NFL draftscout. I did however put thought into my post.

Thats what I thought you wanted
Old 05-07-2010, 06:18 PM   #7
xXTheSteelKingsXx
Team Owner

Member Number: 5803

Quote:
Well then what the hell is the point of making the list in the first place. The guys in the first have seen the same amount of NFL action as the other six round guys did. The only difference is proffessional scout believe the first rounders are more pro ready. It only makes sense that an all draft team would be composed of first rounders. Especially if we are not going to use college production as a measuring stick as you stated.
Old 05-07-2010, 07:15 PM   #8
pete74
Super Moderator
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by xXTheSteelKingsXx View Post
Well then what the hell is the point of making the list in the first place. The guys in the first have seen the same amount of NFL action as the other six round guys did. The only difference is proffessional scout believe the first rounders are more pro ready. It only makes sense that an all draft team would be composed of first rounders. Especially if we are not going to use college production as a measuring stick as you stated.
I won't waste my time responding to this. College and the pros are much different as Aussie stated and this is nothing more then a guess how some players will perform in the pros

Aussie, I didn't mean it to be taken the way you thought but your anylisis was great
Old 05-07-2010, 10:02 PM   #9
Aussie_steeler
Head Coach

Quote:
Aussie, I didn't mean it to be taken the way you thought but your anylisis was great
I sorta took the dreamteam approach.

In reality if we were taking a stab in the dark as to who will be on the 2010 alldraft team if we reflected in 5 years time the names I would put in would be.

RB- Ryan Matthews. He is going to get a lot of carries over the next five years in the San Diego offence.

3-4 DE Jared Odrick - He is going to be a very good fit in the Miami D. He will be worth some good money come contract 2.

FS - Morgan Burnett. He is going to really develop in that secondary and be a very good starter for a long while.

SS - Kam Chancellor in Seattle ( they had a chance to take Mays but passed.) Teamed with Earl Thomas they will make one helluva safety unit for Pete Carroll.

TE- Dennis Pitta. Taken after Hernandez by the ravens I can see him becoming one of Joe Flacco's favourite targets and making a lot of catches to move the chains. He may give the steelers some headaches in the future,
Old 05-07-2010, 10:06 PM   #10
xXTheSteelKingsXx
Team Owner

Member Number: 5803

Quote:
I won't waste my time responding to this. College and the pros are much different as Aussie stated and this is nothing more then a guess how some players will perform in the pros
Seems like a response to me.

Of course the pros are vastley different than college but considering none of these guys have played a snap in the NFL, I'm more inclined to stick with the guys that scouts and coaches view as the most pro ready. You know the guys drafted in the first round.