Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Pittsburgh Sports > Pittsburgh Penguins

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Closed Thread

Old 04-19-2010, 02:20 PM   #11301
4xSBChamps
Head Coach

Member Number: 1911
Default Re: Pens Tidbits

deleted
Old 04-19-2010, 02:25 PM   #11302
Indo
Head Coach

Member Number: 11222

Quote:
I'd taken a few art classes in the school (1970's), purely for my-own pleasure, but never pursued art as a career, although I had several offers & people encouraging me to do-so ~ after losing the tip of my index finger in '79, I was afraid to draw, for-fear that I'd 'lost it'

about 1983, I decided I'd try to draw a picture, to see if my ability was intact or gone, and chose a picture of Dion, playing net, in those Yellow sweaters, wearing that mask, kicking a puck away from the goal:
it turned-out good (VERY good), then I framed it & set it aside, content knowing that I still 'had-it'

In 2001, I was dating a woman who has a brother-in-law that worked daily in the Penguin dressing-room ~ when I was introduced to him, we hit it off instantly, and I gave him that framed drawing, which he said would be delivered to the Civic Arena locker-room, and hung with other memorabilia:
the relationship with that woman fizzled, so I haven't seen him in many years, yet I wonder if the picture ever made it to the locker-room, if it is still-there, or if it will be moving to the new arena.

That remains the last drawing I ever attempted
Cool story...
Old 04-19-2010, 03:58 PM   #11303
steelpride12
Banned
Supporter

Member Number: 5713

I don't know I love Hedberg's. Seeing the Moose never gets old!
Old 05-12-2010, 11:05 PM   #11304
SteelCityMan786
SF's Youngest Legend

Member Number: 541

2010 Free Agents
Alexei Ponikarovski
Bill Guerin
Ruslan Fedotenko
Matt Cooke
Sergei Gonchar
Mark Eaton
Jay McKee
Jordan Leopold
Max Talbot
Tyler Kennedy
Nick Johnson
Chris Connor

786 Ways To Score Touchdowns
Old 05-12-2010, 11:20 PM   #11305
X-Terminator
Mr. Wrong
Supporter

Member Number: 2550

Alexei Ponikarovski - Gone. Just did not produce the way we all hoped. Still upset they traded Luca Caputi for him, because that kid's going to be a good one.
Bill Guerin - Gone - retirement.
Ruslan Fedotenko - Gone. Major, major disappointment even for his $1.8 million salary
Matt Cooke - Kept at the right price. May have priced himself off the Pens due to his playoff performance.
Sergei Gonchar - HAS to be kept. The PP is nothing without him back there, and he's a rock in the locker room.
Mark Eaton - Gone in favor of Leopold
Jay McKee - Won't rule him out of coming back
Jordan Leopold - Kept
Max Talbot - Kept (RFA)
Tyler Kennedy - Kept (RFA)
Nick Johnson - Kept (RFA)
Chris Connor - Gone
Old 05-12-2010, 11:20 PM   #11306
NEPAsteeler
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 11528

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelCityMan786 View Post
2010 Free Agents
Alexei Ponikarovski
Bill Guerin
Ruslan Fedotenko
Matt Cooke
Sergei Gonchar
Mark Eaton
Jay McKee
Jordan Leopold
Max Talbot
Tyler Kennedy
Nick Johnson
Chris Connor
Some big names on that list.

One guy that I'd like to see back is Chris Conner just because he was a beast when he was playing out here for Wilkes-Barre/Scranton. Too bad that may not help him.
Old 05-13-2010, 12:19 AM   #11307
steelpride12
Banned
Supporter

Member Number: 5713

This is going to be one crazy off season because we have MANY contract's up after the season and were going to have to dig deep. The biggest obviously im looking for is that the Pens must sign Gonch. Without him our defense suffers even worse and the PP goes to the bottom of the league!
Old 05-13-2010, 03:32 AM   #11308
OneForTheToe
Living Legend

Member Number: 2408

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Terminator View Post
Alexei Ponikarovski - Gone. Just did not produce the way we all hoped. Still upset they traded Luca Caputi for him, because that kid's going to be a good one.
Bill Guerin - Gone - retirement.
Ruslan Fedotenko - Gone. Major, major disappointment even for his $1.8 million salary
Matt Cooke - Kept at the right price. May have priced himself off the Pens due to his playoff performance.
Sergei Gonchar - I agree, but I believe he will be gone.
Mark Eaton - I want them to keep Eaton and leopold
Jay McKee - Won't rule him out of coming back
Jordan Leopold - Kept
Max Talbot - Kept (RFA)
Tyler Kennedy - Kept (RFA)
Nick Johnson - Kept (RFA)
Chris Connor - Gone

The Pens need look to their defense in the off-season. Yes, their offense sputtered in this series, but you have to believe Sid and Geno are going to score more in most playoff series. I though we had pretty good secondary scoring in the playoffs.

Of course, if Gonchar leaves the power play must be addressed.
Old 05-13-2010, 08:34 AM   #11309
stlrtruck
THE PRINCESS' Daddy
Supporter

Member Number: 2398

With the defense playing the way it did in both series this year, I would say that has to be the #1 off-season priority.

Sloppy passes, lazy attempts, etc. Gonchar being on the fence (not necessarily by his own choice), this team needs to bring in some fresh young blood that wants to hit people and make them pay for handling the puck in our defensive zone.

60 Minutes, 53 Men, 6 Trophies,1 NATION. . .STEELERS NATION!!!
Sig courtesy of STEELAX04
Old 05-13-2010, 08:42 AM   #11310
X-Terminator
Mr. Wrong
Supporter

Member Number: 2550

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneForTheToe View Post
The Pens need look to their defense in the off-season. Yes, their offense sputtered in this series, but you have to believe Sid and Geno are going to score more in most playoff series. I though we had pretty good secondary scoring in the playoffs.

Of course, if Gonchar leaves the power play must be addressed.
Shoring up their D should be priority #1 in the offseason. They need another guy who is not only good defensively but will take your head off with a check or if you dare stand in front of the net. Volchenkov will be out of their price range, but a guy like Andy Sutton would be a great pickup. They also need to find someone - ANYONE - at wing who can score consistently enough to warrant top 6 minutes. Guerin really showed his age this season, Fedotenko and Ponikarovsky were major disappointments and as much as I like Dupuis, he is NOT a top 6 forward. Problem is, that pesky salary cap and having so much of it tied up in The Core (Crosby, Malkin, Staal, Fleury and Orpik) makes it tough to find a legit scoring threat at wing because the money simply isn't there. Eric Tangradi will get his chance to show what he's got and if he's ready for top 6 minutes, but after him, the cupboard is bare in the minors.

And if Gonchar leaves, you can blame Shero giving Kris Letang that ridiculous contract for the reason why. His playoff performance aside, Letang simply is NOT worth $3.5 million, and if Gonchar goes, I'll be riding his ass all season long if the PP suffers as a result. I don't care what they have to do, they MUST keep Gonchar in a Penguins uniform. Period.