Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Pittsburgh Sports > Pittsburgh Penguins

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Referees    Browns

Closed Thread

Old 05-16-2010, 11:16 AM   #11321
steelpride12
Banned
Supporter

Member Number: 5713
Default Re: Pens Tidbits

Quote:
Originally Posted by zulater View Post
It really aggravates me seeing the 7th and 8th seed face off in the Eastern conference finals.

I guess more than anything else what bothers me about this years playoffs is the sense of a missed opportunity. Going into the playoffs I had doubts about whether we were good enough to beat either the Capitals or Devils. I honestly thought we would beat them, but I thought there was a great deal of uncertainty based on what we saw during the regular season. But when the Divils and Caps went down in the first round I started to think the road was paved straight to the Cup finals. Oh well show's what i know?

Still my sense is the better team lost. For whatever reason with very few execptions the Pens as a team just didn't show up for game 7. Outside of Jordon Staal I can't think of anyone I would say had a good enough game. And you can't say they choked, the team is too well acomplished to be accused of that. It's just that collectively they came out tight, dug too huge a hole and could never get themselves out of it. We can do a woulda, coulda, shoulda all day long and it doesn't cahnge anything. We're still home to watch two inferior teams play for the right to represent the Eastern conference in the finals.

It really does suck, and we can just hope that it serves as proper motivation next year. .
Yupp a big sense of one missed opportunity. Anything can and obviously does happen look at the 7th and 8th seed left in the ECF, but dang watching the Craps and the Debil's get knocked out made all of us Pen's fan lick our chops for another Cup in the 'Burgh.

You know it just came down that the Hab's were just the better team out their and no one is to blame at all for our losses because when you face a goalie like Halak playing like he was and a stout defensive minded team who shut down Sid like I have never saw before it's hard to overcome. Game 7 was the same and the Pen's just didn't get the upperhand early and they paid.

Oh well that just means we bring it harder next season and use it to our advantage!
Old 05-17-2010, 10:50 PM   #11322
Shea
Head Coach

Member Number: 5066

I miss watching Pens' hockey already.

Without football - and basketball and baseball not cutting it - I'm a little bit sad.

I guess it's time to dive into that pile of books that have been stacking up .....
Old 05-17-2010, 11:29 PM   #11323
steelerdude15
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 15774

Quote:

Without football - and basketball and baseball not cutting it - I'm a little bit sad.
Yeah, I feel ya. No Pens, Steelers, or Pitt Panthers... O wait, there's the Pirates.
Old 05-18-2010, 12:14 PM   #11324
steelpride12
Banned
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelerdude15 View Post
Yeah, I feel ya. No Pens, Steelers, or Pitt Panthers... O wait, there's the Pirates.
If they were worth watching when June comes around.
Old 05-18-2010, 07:36 PM   #11325
HometownGal
Living Legend

Member Number: 2413

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shea View Post

I guess it's time to dive into that pile of books that have been stacking up .....
There's always NASCAR!

The Anti-Wahoo
Old 05-18-2010, 10:11 PM   #11326
Shea
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by HometownGal View Post
There's always NASCAR!
I've never really watched or given Nascar a chance.

To me it's just a bunch of cars going in endless circles, which is boring. But there's obviously a lot more to it, otherwise it wouldn't be as popular as it is.

Maybe I'll give it a shot and start watching.
Old 05-18-2010, 10:13 PM   #11327
steelpride12
Banned
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shea View Post
I've never really watched or given Nascar a chance.

To me it's just a bunch of cars going in endless circles, which is boring. But there's obviously a lot more to it, otherwise it wouldn't be as popular as it is.

Maybe I'll give it a shot and start watching.
I have the same thought on the sport and agree it's loved all over the country and is a lot more than driving in circles. Never could get into it though.
Old 05-19-2010, 10:20 AM   #11328
steelpride12
Banned
Supporter

Woo Good News!

http://penguins.nhl.com/club/news.ht...fb-pghpenguins

Quote:
Penguins Sign Defenseman Deryk Engelland to One-Year Contract Extension
Wednesday, 05.19.2010 / 11:00 AM / News
Pittsburgh Penguins
The Pittsburgh Penguins have signed defenseman Deryk Engelland to a one-year contract extension, it was announced today by executive vice president and general manager Ray Shero.

The new contract goes into effect at the start of the 2010-11 season. The deal is a two-way contract and will pay Engelland $500,000 at the NHL level.

Engelland, 28, made his NHL debut this season with Pittsburgh recording two assists and 17 penalty minutes in nine games during a November call up. He played his first career NHL game at Boston on Nov 10. Engelland posted his first career point (assist) Nov. 16 against Anaheim. He also had a plus-3 rating against the Ducks.

The 6-foot-2, 202-pound defenseman played the majority of the season with Wilkes-Barre/Scranton, putting up 11 points (5G-6A), a plus-10 rating and 121 penalty minutes in 71 contests. He added an assist in four postseason games.

Engelland posted 42 points (10G-32A), 405 penalty minutes and a plus-11 rating in 231 games in his career with Wilkes-Barre/Scranton. He added six points (1G-6A) and 27 penalty minutes in 39 playoff games and helped Wilkes-Barre/Scranton earn a berth in the Calder Cup Final in 2008.

Engelland has been a steady presence on the blue line for WBS, appearing in all of the club’s 160 regular-season and 35 postseason contests in his first two seasons after signing with the team in July, 2007. His streak was broken this year when he missed nine games while playing in the NHL with Pittsburgh.

The six-year pro has paid his dues with stints in Las Vegas, South Carolina and Reading of the East Coast Hockey League (ECHL), and Lowell, Hershey and Wilkes-Barre/Scranton of the AHL.

The Edmonton, Alberta native played five seasons of junior hockey with Moose Jaw of the Western Hockey League.
Old 05-20-2010, 11:44 PM   #11329
Shea
Head Coach

Keep running into articles critizicing Sid for not going to Germany to play in the IIHF when reading up on the Pens the last few days.

Poor guy, seems like he can never win with a lot of people no matter what he does.
Old 05-20-2010, 11:51 PM   #11330
WH

Member Number:

Him getting that Gold at the Olympics wasn't good enough?

Closed Thread