Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Pittsburgh Sports > Pittsburgh Penguins

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Fever Presents...

Steelers Panthers

GAMEDAY
Sunday, September 21, 8:30 PM
NBC

Old 05-18-2010, 12:32 PM   #41
zulater
Team Owner

Member Number: 5296
Default Re: Should the Pens consider trading Malkin?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shea View Post
Ugh.

Why mess with what you might get when you already got it?
I guess my question is are you going to be able to keep it over time? I know Geno's done nothing to indicate he'll ever rock the boat. And hopefully he wont?

But are you going to tell me that when he goes back to his homeland he doesn't get a little envious of all the the audulation that Ovechkin gets? That maybe as in the case of many great players he has a big ego and thinks he deserves to be thought of in the same light as OV? And that somewhere in his mind it doesn't occur to him that as long as he operates in the same theatre as Sid Crosby he's never going to get that same respect?

In all honestly I think the potential is there for this to crash and burn in two or three years. And once a player makes it known that he wants out his market value is seriously diminished.

And again all I'm suggesting is that they think about it if the right deal can be made.

I doubt that Malkin will be dealt this offseason, and I'll actually be happy about that. But regardless, the hidden G.M inside me strongly suggests this might be the best time to check the market.
Old 05-18-2010, 01:06 PM   #42
zulater
Team Owner

I'll leave it at this. If Sid and Geno go on to win multiple Cups together no one will be happier than me.
Old 05-18-2010, 07:33 PM   #43
HometownGal
Living Legend

Member Number: 2413

Quote:
Originally Posted by zulater View Post
[You pride yourself on booing someone who won 5 Art Ross trophy's as a Pen? We're not talking have a cup of coffee Hossa here.
YES I do and I wouldn't give a rat's ass if he won every trophy out there while he was with the Pens. He's a pompous whiny jackass, always has been, always will be. Sorry Zu, but neither you or anyone else will ever change my opinion of Jagr. There have been a couple of players since Jagr that I haven't been overly fond of for one reason or another, but I'm a fan of the team first and foremost and though, as I said, I couldn't stand him when he played here, I didn't boo him until he pulled that shit when he left. I never have booed a player while donning a Pens uni and I never will no matter how I feel about that player personally.

Imho - Jagr became the player he was because of Mario Lemieux and Ron Francis. Too bad he never came close to having their class both on and off the ice.

Quote:
Sorry for the preachy rant, but I really think peo0ple need to give serious consideration to letting the Jagr hate go.
Sorry, no can do. That guy has the class of an asparagus tip (and the ass of a barn. ).

The Anti-Wahoo
HometownGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 08:34 PM   #44
zulater
Team Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by HometownGal View Post
YES I do and I wouldn't give a rat's ass if he won every trophy out there while he was with the Pens. He's a pompous whiny jackass, always has been, always will be. Sorry Zu, but neither you or anyone else will ever change my opinion of Jagr. There have been a couple of players since Jagr that I haven't been overly fond of for one reason or another, but I'm a fan of the team first and foremost and though, as I said, I couldn't stand him when he played here, I didn't boo him until he pulled that shit when he left. I never have booed a player while donning a Pens uni and I never will no matter how I feel about that player personally.

Imho - Jagr became the player he was because of Mario Lemieux and Ron Francis. Too bad he never came close to having their class both on and off the ice.

Sorry, no can do. That guy has the class of an asparagus tip (and the ass of a barn. ).
I loved Mario, Ronny Francis, Larry Murphy, and many others that played on those great Penguin teams. truthfully the only one I ever came close to disliking was Tommy Barrasso, who not only could be a pompous ass, but was vastly overrated imho. In fact I always thought EJ's switching back to Barrasso in the EC finals over Wreggett was ultimatley what cost us the Cup back in 95-96.

Oops sorry I got rambling, back to Jagr, as great as Ron Francis and Mario were they didn't make Jagr. Jagr is one of the greatest right wings to ever play the game period.

And outside of those last few months what exactly did Jagr do that so pissed you off? Hell he chose his number in honor of the short lived and ill fated 68 Czech uprising against the Soviets. He did this ( chose the number) and publicly proclaimed it while the Czech Republic was still behind the Iron curtian. He listed his personal hero as Ronald Reagan for standing up to the Soviets. His work ethic was second to none for much of his time in Pittsburgh. He was first on the ice and last to leave. I think for the most part he was popular with his teammates.

As I alluded to before I think Jagr derailing with the Pens when he did was more to do with external forces at work than what was occuring on the ice or inside the lockeroom. In other words he succumbed to his gambling habit and because of it his debts became all consuming and he saw getting out of Pittsburgh and into a place where he would be awarded a new contract as his only saving grace. I certainly don't condone what he did then, but greater people than Jagr have temporarily succumbed to their addictions. And to me that's all it was ever about, and that's why I have no problem forgiving him.

Anyway I don't know how you could have followed the Penguins through that time and hated Jagr? And if you didn't hate him before his historonics started just prior to his departure I don't see why you can't find it wihin you to forgive him now?

Last edited by zulater; 05-18-2010 at 08:58 PM.
zulater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 09:52 PM   #45
steelpride12
Banned
Supporter

Member Number: 5713

Of course none of us hated Jagr during his time in Pittsburgh, but when he left and started all the shit love can easily turn to hate and well deserved IMO.

"Captain Quitter" quit on the Pens so many times over the years...especially in tough situations where your captain is supposed to lead by example. He always put himself before the team...I remember watching a game where he was frustrated by not scoring and refused to go out on the powerplay late in a close game. He has always led the league in "important game sudden groin injuries". He wanted out of Pittsburgh and Mario's shadow, so he cried to Czech reporters that he was"Dying Alive" in Pittsburgh. And finally, he had the lack of class to badmouth Pittsburgh when he was given what he wanted and moved to another team.

Apparently he hasn't changed a bit as he's gotten older. This year he repeatedly refused to take part in shootouts, and he had a disagreement with Aaron Ward right before the deadline forcing the Rangers to move Ward even though they had some injuries on D at the time.
steelpride12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 10:24 PM   #46
zulater
Team Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelpride12 View Post
Of course none of us hated Jagr during his time in Pittsburgh, but when he left and started all the shit love can easily turn to hate and well deserved IMO.

"Captain Quitter" quit on the Pens so many times over the years...especially in tough situations where your captain is supposed to lead by example. He always put himself before the team...I remember watching a game where he was frustrated by not scoring and refused to go out on the powerplay late in a close game. He has always led the league in "important game sudden groin injuries". He wanted out of Pittsburgh and Mario's shadow, so he cried to Czech reporters that he was"Dying Alive" in Pittsburgh. And finally, he had the lack of class to badmouth Pittsburgh when he was given what he wanted and moved to another team.

Apparently he hasn't changed a bit as he's gotten older. This year he repeatedly refused to take part in shootouts, and he had a disagreement with Aaron Ward right before the deadline forcing the Rangers to move Ward even though they had some injuries on D at the time.
It's like a marriage when it's over. You can allow yourself to be consumed by hate, forget all the good times and just dwell on the bad. But what good does that do you? Bitterness eats away away like a cancer and you end up forgetting the good moments and that to me is just sad..

Sure it ended ugly, sure Jarg could be a whiny ahole at times, but the good far outweighed the bad, and by far I mean by mountains.

Jagr was a great player, he provided many of the greatest goals I ever witnessed both in person and on teleivision. To allow myself to be consumed with the hate would have me taint and tarnish memories that are still special.

Jagr like many of us has had bad moments, but I remain convinced that he wasn't a bad man. I'm very glad he was a Penguin for the years that he was.
Old 05-18-2010, 10:33 PM   #47
steelpride12
Banned
Supporter

Quote:
It's like a marriage when it's over. You can allow yourself to be consumed by hate, forget all the good times and just dwell on the bad. But what good does that do you? Bitterness eats away away like a cancer and you end up forgetting the good moments and that to me is just sad..

Sure it ended ugly, sure Jarg could be a whiny ahole at times, but the good far outweighed the bad, and by far I mean by mountains.

Jagr was a great player, he provided many of the greatest goals I ever witnessed both in person and on teleivision. To allow myself to be consumed with the hate would have me taint and tarnish memories that are still special.

Jagr like many of us has had bad moments, but I remain convinced that he wasn't a bad man. I'm very glad he was a Penguin for the years that he was.
Bad moments? It just all goes to waste no matter what he did for the Pens on the ice when he says the thing's he did before and after he left the team. He made it seem as if it was all a mistake and that he wanted nothing to do with this team. When your a loyal fan that hit hard and will never be forgotten no matter what he did positive, it ended and will remain negative.
Old 05-18-2010, 10:46 PM   #48
zulater
Team Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelpride12 View Post
Bad moments? It just all goes to waste no matter what he did for the Pens on the ice when he says the thing's he did before and after he left the team. He made it seem as if it was all a mistake and that he wanted nothing to do with this team. When your a loyal fan that hit hard and will never be forgotten no matter what he did positive, it ended and will remain negative.
Jagr never personally insulted me. If he said a few bad things about Pittsburgh so what? So have I. But it's still part of me. I also know that he's said that if the opportunity presented itslef he'd like to finish his career in Pittisburgh, that he'd play for Mario for the minimum salary. Do I beleive it? No. But i also don't beleive he hates Pittsburgh or it's citizens, and I think his memories of being a Penguin are mostly positive, as are mine of him.
Old 05-18-2010, 11:08 PM   #49
steelpride12
Banned
Supporter

Quote:
Jagr never personally insulted me. If he said a few bad things about Pittsburgh so what? So have I. But it's still part of me. I also know that he's said that if the opportunity presented itslef he'd like to finish his career in Pittisburgh, that he'd play for Mario for the minimum salary. Do I beleive it? No. But i also don't beleive he hates Pittsburgh or it's citizens, and I think his memories of being a Penguin are mostly positive, as are mine of him.
Well there you go. As you stated you can be fond of him and enjoy the moments he had here in Pittsburgh, but me and the others will continue our hatred duty against him. All's fair.
Old 05-18-2010, 11:20 PM   #50
X-Terminator
Mr. Wrong
Supporter

Member Number: 2550

Quote:
Well, that turned out to be BS considering he re-signed with his KHL team Avangard Omsk for 1 year and $7 million bucks. Jagr's love of money hasn't changed one bit. And even IF he did do what he said, there is no way in hell I could ever cheer for him. It would be like my feelings toward Matt Cooke, but for totally different reasons. Well, actually I'd cheer for Cooke long before I'd cheer for Jagr.

Sorry Zu, but my mind isn't going to be changed about Jagr, and neither will HTG's or steelpride12's. There are just too many hard feelings. I'll admit that yes, he is one of the greatest players ever to wear a Pens' uniform. He likely will have his number retired someday and raised right next to Mario's. But when that happens, I hope I'm not there to see it, and I hope he's prepared to hear plenty of boos that night.