Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

 Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Miscellaneous > Sports Dimension


Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 05-19-2010, 11:34 AM   #111
revefsreleets
Living Legend
 
revefsreleets's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Akron, Ohio Home of LeBron James
Posts: 15,403
Gender: Male
Member Number: 5353
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Lebron James Amazing

Guess I know which it is...at least in your case. Then again, I may be guilty of giving you a little too much credit to begin with, being an avid Glen Beck disciple and all...
__________________
Official Steelersfever Arians Nuthugger
revefsreleets is offline  
Old 05-19-2010, 12:17 PM   #112
X-Terminator
Mr. Wrong
Supporter
 
X-Terminator's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 6,881
Gender: Male
Member Number: 2550
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Lebron James Amazing

Oh man, I read this thread and I swear I'm reading about Sidney Crosby. Because he might be the one player who inspires this much hatred by so many fans that LBJ does. The main difference though is Sid is a champion, and LBJ isn't.

Sorry for the hijack...carry on.
__________________
X-Terminator is offline  
Old 05-19-2010, 02:11 PM   #113
SteelersinCA
Team Owner
Supporter
 
SteelersinCA's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: San Diego, CA
Posts: 2,537
Gender: Male
Member Number: 9302
Thanks: 4
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default Re: Lebron James Amazing

Quote:
Originally Posted by revefsreleets View Post
Found this...not my words, but since apparently I'm too ignorant about golf to even have an opinion, I thought perhaps the view of an avid golf fan would lend some legitimacy.



If any one player has had the worst luck ever, it has been Greg Norman. Although he has won the British Open twice, Norman never won any of the major US Titles. He has finished second in all three major US Tournaments (the Masters, US Open, and the Open Championship) five times.

Norman also had a chance to win the Grand Slam in 1986 and although he finished first in the British Open that year, Norman finished second in two of the three opens in the US.

The saddest part is he was normally leading in most of these tournaments, but choked away the leads; talk about bad luck.



Oh, and, Nadroj....this is so much less about facts and what's real and so much more about simply always taking the position contrary to mine...
Nice attempt at feverish backpedaling, what you said (before you so quickly edited it) was, "How many MAJORS has Greg Norman won? Zero. The rest of your post is too right for me to respond to so I'll just call it garbage that isn't worth my time to respond to."

Now, it switches to US Majors and bad luck... fellow braintrust member!!
SteelersinCA is offline  
Old 05-19-2010, 02:13 PM   #114
lamberts-lost-tooth
Banned
 
lamberts-lost-tooth's Avatar
 

Join Date: May 2006
Location: Midwest
Posts: 10,829
Gender: Male
Member Number: 2363
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default Re: Lebron James Amazing

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Terminator View Post
Oh man, I read this thread and I swear I'm reading about Sidney Crosby. Because he might be the one player who inspires this much hatred by so many fans that LBJ does. The main difference though is Sid is a champion, and LBJ isn't.

Sorry for the hijack...carry on.
Word out of Chicago is that Lebron is going to end up being a Bull before all is said and done.
lamberts-lost-tooth is offline  
Old 05-19-2010, 02:16 PM   #115
SteelersinCA
Team Owner
Supporter
 
SteelersinCA's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: San Diego, CA
Posts: 2,537
Gender: Male
Member Number: 9302
Thanks: 4
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default Re: Lebron James Amazing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nadroj 20 View Post
If you can not see that LeBron James will go down as one of the best athletes in history that's really sad to be missing the obvious, REGARDLESS of titles
The argument between MACH and guru was never about great athletes. Mach pointed out the Cavs, including James, QUIT. Anyone except for the most ardent homer, i.e. guru, can see that. He deflected into a title argument, which only tangentially has anything to do with quitting. The obvious fact of the Cavs quitting has nothing to do with LBJ having a title of being a great athlete. Guru just can't take LBJ's pole (the only thing NE ohio has to cling to these days) out of his mouth long enough to admit the dude quit.
SteelersinCA is offline  
Old 05-19-2010, 03:31 PM   #116
revefsreleets
Living Legend
 
revefsreleets's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Akron, Ohio Home of LeBron James
Posts: 15,403
Gender: Male
Member Number: 5353
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Lebron James Amazing

I don't believe he quit, lawyer boy, and the "homer" tag really is ironic, considering your own geographic self hatred and attempt to purge that by renouncing your home town teams and adopting all the winners from your new state...and MACH's ***** hurts because he's getting blasted in another thread.

I despise people who shift allegiances when the move away, clasping on to the new town winners. Once you start dumping your old teams and just clinging to winners, the front-runnerism really never ends.

What would be the POSSIBLE logic behind the Cavs quitting? It doesn't compute unless you just blindly hate...then it fits.

Oh, and I'd like to point out that I DID admit I was wrong about Norman. Try it sometime...I mean, you're wrong often enough, it can't hurt to say it ONCE, could it?
__________________
Official Steelersfever Arians Nuthugger
revefsreleets is offline  
Old 05-19-2010, 03:38 PM   #117
MACH1
Quest For Seven
Supporter
 
MACH1's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Potataho
Posts: 14,539
Member Number: 3236
Thanks: 1,916
Thanked 5,800 Times in 2,153 Posts
Default Re: Lebron James Amazing

Doesn't matter what you believe. The fact is they QUIT. Debunked!



__________________


ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
MACH1 is offline  
Old 05-19-2010, 03:41 PM   #118
Aussie_steeler
Head Coach
 
Aussie_steeler's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Australia
Posts: 1,814
Gender: Male
Member Number: 5037
Thanks: 1
Thanked 16 Times in 6 Posts
Default Re: Lebron James Amazing

Quote:
Originally Posted by revefsreleets View Post
Found this...not my words, but since apparently I'm too ignorant about golf to even have an opinion, I thought perhaps the view of an avid golf fan would lend some legitimacy.



If any one player has had the worst luck ever, it has been Greg Norman. Although he has won the British Open twice, Norman never won any of the major US Titles. He has finished second in all three major US Tournaments (the Masters, US Open, and the Open Championship) five times.

Norman also had a chance to win the Grand Slam in 1986 and although he finished first in the British Open that year, Norman finished second in two of the three opens in the US.

The saddest part is he was normally leading in most of these tournaments, but choked away the leads; talk about bad luck.



Oh, and, Nadroj....this is so much less about facts and what's real and so much more about simply always taking the position contrary to mine...
If you are compiling a list of sporting stars who wasted opportunities to build on their career achievements then obviously you would include the great white shark. That is an absolute no brainer.

But to put the man on a list that is about sportsmen that have failed to win the big one is just plain wrong.

Norman did succumb to the pressure in majors on more than one occasion. But always remember that Greg Norman did win tournaments. And during the late 80's adn early 90's he was prolific when it came to winning.

Golfers dont claim shallow or hollow victories, like who shot the lowest score on anygiven day. Its about who is standing at the top of the mountain at the end of the tournament. Over 80 times at the top of the mountain, worldwide.

Jack Nicklaus won 20 majors and was prolific on the US tour. But a golfer will also know what Jack's record was when he didnt win. Jack has more 2nd and 3rd place finishes in majors than anyone else. Even the games absolute greatest lost.

In golf you just cant win all the time. Not even the great tiger is capable of such a feat.
But you win one major, you know what, you join the list of major winners. Last time I checked one Greg Norman was on that list. And until they change the tournaments that are recognised as majors, he will always remain on that list as

"British Open Champion 1986 & 1993"
__________________
Aussie_steeler is offline  
Old 05-19-2010, 03:44 PM   #119
revefsreleets
Living Legend
 
revefsreleets's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Akron, Ohio Home of LeBron James
Posts: 15,403
Gender: Male
Member Number: 5353
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Lebron James Amazing

As I said, I DID acknowledge that I was wrong in re Norman. However, the sentiment is still the same about champions without championships...

I don't believe that an NBA MVP who has clearly stated that a title is his ultimate dream "quit". It defies logic.
__________________
Official Steelersfever Arians Nuthugger
revefsreleets is offline  
Old 05-19-2010, 04:10 PM   #120
Nadroj 20
Team President
 
Nadroj 20's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 2,027
Gender: Male
Member Number: 14045
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Lebron James Amazing

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelersinCA View Post
The argument between MACH and guru was never about great athletes. Mach pointed out the Cavs, including James, QUIT. Anyone except for the most ardent homer, i.e. guru, can see that. He deflected into a title argument, which only tangentially has anything to do with quitting. The obvious fact of the Cavs quitting has nothing to do with LBJ having a title of being a great athlete. Guru just can't take LBJ's pole (the only thing NE ohio has to cling to these days) out of his mouth long enough to admit the dude quit.
How do you know for sure he quit? How does anyone know?

Even if it appeared that he did his elbow was more then likely hurting more then they were letting on. Is that for sure the truth? No. But when its POSSIBLE LBJ had an injury as an excuse as to not playing well or being "out of it".. i dont see how its a FACT he quit on his team?
Nadroj 20 is offline  
Closed Thread

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:52 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Shoutbox provided by vBShout v6.2.1 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.0.8 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
Navbar with Avatar by Motorradforum
no new posts