Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Miscellaneous > Gamer Chat

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 05-22-2010, 08:32 AM   #1
SteelKnight
Team President

Member Number: 16119
Default Madden 11 QB ranking and Ben

As you can see below, they have Ben #7. Also yesterday Rod Woodson and Muhsin Muhammad both said Ben wasn't a franchise QB. They are both nuts. What's your order?

Top Ten Quarterbacks in Madden NFL 11 by Overall Rating
1. Peyton Manning
2. Drew Brees
3. Tom Brady
4. Aaron Rodgers
5. Philip Rivers
6. Brett Favre
7. Ben Roethlisberger
8. Donovan McNabb
9. Tony Romo
10. Matt Schaub
SteelKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2010, 08:57 AM   #2
SteelKnight
Team President

Member Number: 16119
Default Re: Madden 11 QB ranking and Ben

My order:

1. Drew Brees -Now that he's won a SB, let's give him the credit. I've had him on my fantasy team many times and this guy produces. People say stats aren't everything but now he has a ring. People mentioned Colston but he didn't miss a beat when Colston went down. People mentioned his OC. He didn't miss a beat with a new one. People mentioned the scheme and a good O-Line. Give him some damn credit. If he goes down from the Madden curse this year, then we'll be able to see whether anyone can throw in that offense. Brees is no fluke.

2. Tom Brady - One of only 2 men I would want for sure at the end of a game. The guy can play.

3. Ben Roethlisberger - Another one of only 2 guys I would want at the end of a game. Ben is great. I won't focus on holding the ball too long since that is his style. If there is one area I think he needs to improve on is accuracy...a little. Sure, we never know where the ball is supposed to go and we always give him credit that he threw it high or low so the defender couldn't get to it but there have been some times where if he had put it in a better spot, his receiver could have had YAC. If he had receivers who did not go out of their way (e.g. Plaxico), these passes could look worse (overthrown or underthrown etc.). He's a closer though. Ben proved last year that he CAN put up the numbers if the Steelers allow him to.

4. Peyton Manning - He is a highly efficient QB who is showing he can do it with any receivers. He occasionaly chokes in big end of game situations.

5. Aaron Rodgers -amazing QB but I can't tell you how many times he has choked right at he end of a game. If he can fix that and come through consistently, he will be one of the great ones.

6. Phillip Rivers -Meh ...he always puts up good stats but he is not always good at leading a comeback. Break his rhythm and he's through.

7. Brett Farve -a legend but chokes sometimes. Unorthodox. High stakes risk taker.

8. Tony Romo - He seems to have all the tools and the escapability. Maybe it's his coordinator.

9. Donavan McNabb - For many years they would not get him any weapons and he never had a running game. They finally got him weapons and now they traded him to a team with...no weapons (except Moss). He has had some chokage too. lol

10. Eli Manning - Eli doesn't have the right weapons. Even with Burress, Burress would not go out of his way tocatch a pass. I think Eli would love to have been throwing to Hines Ward, Santonio Holmes, Mike Wallace and Heath Miller...even with our line. They need to get him someone special. Brandon Marshal should have been considered. Demarius Thomas also.
SteelKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2010, 12:17 PM   #3
scsteeler
Team Captain

Member Number: 8491

Below is my order and Brady has a question mark beside him! Now to the question about franchise QB. The goal behind a quote franchise QB is someone that can in the future take your team to the SB and win it! At least that is what I say you want in a Franchise QB.

Of the QB's listed below 6 of them have been to SB's and of that list 5 have won at least 1 SB and now the list gets slim when you list the names of QB's that have won at least 2 or more SB and of that list you only have:

Tom Brady & BenRoethlisberger

And again I say Franchise QB's are ones that you want to take you to and win the SB.

And that saying that well He had a lot of talent around him, well all SB teams have talent on them and good defenses but no matter what the statistics can that QB perform in that crucial moment to lead his team to the win and that is where a lot of these guys fall short.

I have to disagree with Rod & Muhsin Muhammad about Franchise QB's. That does not mean that a QB that never wins the SB should not be considered a Franchise QB.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelKnight View Post
As you can see below, they have Ben #7. Also yesterday Rod Woodson and Muhsin Muhammad both said Ben wasn't a franchise QB. They are both nuts. What's your order?

Top Ten Quarterbacks in Madden NFL 11 by Overall Rating
1. Peyton Manning
2. Tom Brady (?)
3. Drew Brees
4. Ben Roethlisberger
5. Donovan McNabb
6. Aaron Rodgers
7. Philip Rivers
8. Brett Favre
9. Tony Romo
10. Matt Schaub
scsteeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2010, 12:30 PM   #4
RoethlisBURGHer
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 370

Madden 11 rankings take into account pure stats more than winning games. Ben has thrown more than 18 TD's just twice and single digit INT's just once.

Also, I think Woodson and Muhammad's opinions might have to do with his off field actions. Manning, Brady, Brees, Favre, McNabb, and Rogers haven't done anything to put playing the game in jeopardy.

Even though I don't agree with Ben's suspension since he was never charged with a crime in either case, you also don't see the other QB's listed being accused of something like sexual assault either.

Congrats to the 2009 Stanley Cup Champion Pittsburgh Penguins
RoethlisBURGHer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2010, 01:05 PM   #5
SH-Rock
Living Legend

Member Number: 15497
Thanked 2,756 Times in 1,069 Posts

Another 7 added to this year's superbowl
SH-Rock is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2010, 01:32 PM   #6
pete74
Super Moderator
Supporter

Member Number: 15921

i saw this a week ago and kinda agree. i would put ben above favre and maybe even rivers though just because he has 2 rings. steelnight put him above manning and rodgers and i definatly dont agree with that. manning is the best qb of all times and rodgers has better stats then anyother qb during his 1st 2 years, ever. i know we all love our team and will always place them at the top of the list but i like to be nutural in debates like this and would place ben at number 5 and that is mainlybecause of his problems
pete74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2010, 01:37 PM   #7
siss
Team Captain

Member Number: 1611

Taking Bens off the field issues out of it where is he?

He's ready, Steelers fans. His ordeal over, his return will be complete come Saturday in Arizona, when football again becomes the focus and a career briefly interrupted resumes.
~SI aticle 2006~
siss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2010, 01:38 PM   #8
pete74
Super Moderator
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by scsteeler View Post
Below is my order and Brady has a question mark beside him! Now to the question about franchise QB. The goal behind a quote franchise QB is someone that can in the future take your team to the SB and win it! At least that is what I say you want in a Franchise QB.

Of the QB's listed below 6 of them have been to SB's and of that list 5 have won at least 1 SB and now the list gets slim when you list the names of QB's that have won at least 2 or more SB and of that list you only have:

Tom Brady & BenRoethlisberger

And again I say Franchise QB's are ones that you want to take you to and win the SB.

And that saying that well He had a lot of talent around him, well all SB teams have talent on them and good defenses but no matter what the statistics can that QB perform in that crucial moment to lead his team to the win and that is where a lot of these guys fall short.

I have to disagree with Rod & Muhsin Muhammad about Franchise QB's. That does not mean that a QB that never wins the SB should not be considered a Franchise QB.
of course QB's who never won a super bowl can still be franchise QB's. dan marino is the best example. one player will never win a game no matter how good they are without help. look at ben this season, it was his best one but still we did horrible. to many people give all the credit of winning to the QB's but its the team. Eli Manning won the big game and did horrible.
Old 05-22-2010, 01:40 PM   #9
pete74
Super Moderator
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by siss View Post
Taking Bens off the field issues out of it where is he?

if i was starting a new team and could have any of today's Qb's in there prime with no offfield problems then i would put ben at number 3 or 4. him and rodgers would be a tough one for the #3 spot
Old 05-22-2010, 01:59 PM   #10
AllD
Team Owner

Member Number: 11931

Madden is still carrying a grudge because of the "Immaculate Reception." I would rather watch Frank Caliendo than "Turducken".