Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Miscellaneous > Gamer Chat

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Fever Presents...

Steelers Panthers

GAMEDAY
Sunday, September 21, 8:30 PM
NBC

Old 05-22-2010, 01:18 PM   #11
SMR
Starter

Member Number: 2111
Default Re: Madden 11 QB ranking and Ben

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete74 View Post
i saw this a week ago and kinda agree. i would put ben above favre and maybe even rivers though just because he has 2 rings. steelnight put him above manning and rodgers and i definatly dont agree with that. manning is the best qb of all times and rodgers has better stats then anyother qb during his 1st 2 years, ever. i know we all love our team and will always place them at the top of the list but i like to be nutural in debates like this and would place ben at number 5 and that is mainlybecause of his problems
I agree with you on all points except one: I would put Roethlisberger above Rodgers. Big Ben 2, Rodgers 0 (Super Bowl-wise).

PLUS Roethisberger completely out-played Rodgers in the memorable Steelers-Packers game of last season! How could you forget that? You have to factor the two when they played against EACH OTHER!

SMR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2010, 03:52 PM   #12
pete74
Super Moderator
Supporter

Member Number: 15921

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMR View Post
I agree with you on all points except one: I would put Roethlisberger above Rodgers. Big Ben 2, Rodgers 0 (Super Bowl-wise).

PLUS Roethisberger completely out-played Rodgers in the memorable Steelers-Packers game of last season! How could you forget that? You have to factor the two when they played against EACH OTHER!
neither was outplayed in that game. they both played awesome and tore up the other teams defense
pete74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2010, 03:59 PM   #13
SMR
Starter

Member Number: 2111

Quote:
neither was outplayed in that game. they both played awesome and tore up the other teams defense
Sure, but look at the stats between the qbs. Ben fared better.

SMR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2010, 05:04 PM   #14
pete74
Super Moderator
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMR View Post
Sure, but look at the stats between the qbs. Ben fared better.
the stats!! they both had great games. ben threw 503 yards and 3 td's. rodgers threw 383 yards and 3 td's and ran 22 yards for a 4th td. they both had an awesome game and did whatever they wanted to the opposing defense

i dont agree with the head to head battle meaning anything. if we lost to the jets last year it wouldnt mean mark santhcez is better then rothlisberger. it only means there defense is awesome and our played horrible
Old 05-22-2010, 05:27 PM   #15
DanRooney
Banned

Member Number: 16248

Quote:
i saw this a week ago and kinda agree. i would put ben above favre and maybe even rivers though just because he has 2 rings. steelnight put him above manning and rodgers and i definatly dont agree with that. manning is the best qb of all times and rodgers has better stats then anyother qb during his 1st 2 years, ever. i know we all love our team and will always place them at the top of the list but i like to be nutural in debates like this and would place ben at number 5 and that is mainlybecause of his problems
You can't be the best QB of all time when you choke in almost every big game of your career.
DanRooney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2010, 05:51 PM   #16
pete74
Super Moderator
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanRooney View Post
You can't be the best QB of all time when you choke in almost every big game of your career.
thats right. how did i forget, manning is the biggest choke artist alive. i dont know why the colts would make him the highest paid player ever in nfl history when he chokes in every big game. he is just horrible and shouldnt waste one more day playing football
Old 05-22-2010, 07:17 PM   #17
RoethlisBURGHer
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 370

Quote:
Originally Posted by siss View Post
Taking Bens off the field issues out of it where is he?
I would put him at #3. He's clutch, the most clutch QB in the game right now.

1. Brady. I hate him with a passion, but he is a damn good QB with three rings.

2. Brees. He's damn good, one ring and a SB MVP.

3. Roethlisberger. Two rings, but played poorly in SB XL. Most clutch QB in NFL.

4. Manning. Stats, stats, stats. Not very clutch, didn't deserve the SB XLI MVP.

Congrats to the 2009 Stanley Cup Champion Pittsburgh Penguins
RoethlisBURGHer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2010, 07:26 PM   #18
Psyychoward86
Living Legend

Member Number: 10772

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelKnight View Post

10. Eli Manning - Eli doesn't have the right weapons. Even with Burress, Burress would not go out of his way tocatch a pass. I think Eli would love to have been throwing to Hines Ward, Santonio Holmes, Mike Wallace and Heath Miller...even with our line. They need to get him someone special. Brandon Marshal should have been considered. Demarius Thomas also.
Steve Smith (no, the other steve smith) is the most underrated receiver in football, and the giants have had a knack in the last couple of years of getting young wide receivers to kick it into high gear FAST
Psyychoward86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2010, 08:29 PM   #19
polamalubeast
Starter

Member Number: 16032

Peyton Manning deserves to be first.

I think it's a feat for Peyton Manning to have led his team to the super bowl in 2009.

The Colts were not so impressive that his team in 2009 and I think its very impressive that Manning lead his team to 14 win.

The colts defense is very average and had no running game.

In addition to the super bowl, Freeney's injury has made very hurt Colts.

When the Colts have no pass rush, their defense is very bad.

The Colts defense has to stay too long on the ground in the super bowl, which has reduced the number of Possession for the Colts offensive.

Moreover, onside kick for the saints at the beginning of 3rd quarter has hurt the Colts.

I think any other QB that would have been able to lead the Colts to 14 victories and participation in the super bowl in 2009.

The best team win the Super Bowl, especially if one considers that Freeney was very reduced.

The Colts have rarely been good defensively since they have Manning.

The colts defense has had good stats in 2005 and 2007 but they have played badly in the playoffs.

In 2006, the Colts had one of the worst defense against the run in the history of the NFL, but Manning led the team to 12 win.
polamalubeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2010, 09:55 PM   #20
SteelerFanInStl
Team Captain

Member Number: 2162

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoethlisBURGHer View Post
Madden 11 rankings take into account pure stats more than winning games. Ben has thrown more than 18 TD's just twice and single digit INT's just once.
It's like getting upset about fantasy football rankings.

I'm surprised that Woodson would say that Ben's not a franchise QB but WTF does Muhammed know about franchise QBs? He never played with one! Anyone that says that Ben's not a franchise QB is talking out their azz.
SteelerFanInStl is offline   Reply With Quote