Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Miscellaneous > Gamer Chat

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Giants Giants
August 9th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 05-23-2010, 10:23 AM   #21
pete74
Super Moderator
Supporter

Member Number: 15921
Default Re: Madden 11 QB ranking and Ben

Quote:
Originally Posted by polamalubeast View Post
Peyton Manning deserves to be first.

I think it's a feat for Peyton Manning to have led his team to the super bowl in 2009.

The Colts were not so impressive that his team in 2009 and I think its very impressive that Manning lead his team to 14 win.

The colts defense is very average and had no running game.

In addition to the super bowl, Freeney's injury has made very hurt Colts.

When the Colts have no pass rush, their defense is very bad.

The Colts defense has to stay too long on the ground in the super bowl, which has reduced the number of Possession for the Colts offensive.

Moreover, onside kick for the saints at the beginning of 3rd quarter has hurt the Colts.

I think any other QB that would have been able to lead the Colts to 14 victories and participation in the super bowl in 2009.

The best team win the Super Bowl, especially if one considers that Freeney was very reduced.

The Colts have rarely been good defensively since they have Manning.

The colts defense has had good stats in 2005 and 2007 but they have played badly in the playoffs.

In 2006, the Colts had one of the worst defense against the run in the history of the NFL, but Manning led the team to 12 win.
i was being sarcastic about manning. i think he is the best QB of all time. he is the colts. without him there nothing. there defense, offensive line and running game isnt very good but still manning wins an mvp and takes the team to the superbowl. even though his line is mediocre at best he isnt sacked alot because of his quick release.
pete74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2010, 03:15 PM   #22
wiz1120
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 7528

Aaron Rodgers = Philip rivers

Great stats, but when it comes to crunch time they throw up all over their shoes.

If someone could possibly tell me how they have either of these quarterbacks ahead of Ben, i would love to hear it. Keep in mind ben puts up those numbers getting sacked 50 times a season. Rivers or Rodgers would be dead, literally lifeless on the field.
Old 05-24-2010, 09:47 AM   #23
SteelKnight
Team President

Member Number: 16119

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete74 View Post
i saw this a week ago and kinda agree. i would put ben above favre and maybe even rivers though just because he has 2 rings. steelnight put him above manning and rodgers and i definatly dont agree with that. manning is the best qb of all times and rodgers has better stats then anyother qb during his 1st 2 years, ever. i know we all love our team and will always place them at the top of the list but i like to be nutural in debates like this and would place ben at number 5 and that is mainlybecause of his problems
The reason I put Ben above Manning and Rodgers is those two can choke at the end of games. I can't tell you how many times I've watched Rodgers play and awesome game and just make a stupid or at least unfortunate mistake at the end. Manning throws well but who do I want at the end of games? If you get a lead on manning, he can get messed up sometimes.

Bottom line, Manning and Rodgers are not closers. Ben and Brady are.
SteelKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 09:55 AM   #24
SteelKnight
Team President

Sometimes it is annoying when they move posts. Just because they saw "Madden" meant it couldn't go on the Steelers board? That's silly. It is primarily a thread of ranking QBs and included a recent NFL question of whether Ben is a franchise QB. The Madden ranking was just the source...to start us out. It's just silly. They moved it to a forum that I have never visited "Gamer's forum". I love Steelers Fever and I have expressed that before but this is just over the top silly. What if I said "US News" ranks QBs and here's where Ben is then will it be moved to "Topics concerning the United States"? I'm just surprised.
Old 05-24-2010, 10:01 AM   #25
SteelKnight
Team President

Quote:
thats right. how did i forget, manning is the biggest choke artist alive. i dont know why the colts would make him the highest paid player ever in nfl history when he chokes in every big game. he is just horrible and shouldnt waste one more day playing football
Manning...meh...I've seen him do well and not do well but he is great. The times when he couldn't pull through were against some good teams. I'd still rather have Ben down by 5 with 2 minutes to go.

Rodgers...I have watch him mess up at the end of games time after time. His defense puts him in bad situations where he can throw 3- TDs and STILL have to come back at the end...he often messes up there. When this improves I'll give him more credit.
Old 05-24-2010, 10:07 AM   #26
SteelKnight
Team President

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psyychoward86 View Post
Steve Smith (no, the other steve smith) is the most underrated receiver in football, and the giants have had a knack in the last couple of years of getting young wide receivers to kick it into high gear FAST
I didn't watch the Giants a lot last year but the previous 2 years I did and I must say, that Eli throws some balls like Ben sometimes that if the receiver would dive or jump he wouldn't look so bad but when they don't he looks terrible. If Hines, Heath, Santonio, and Wallace didn't do a lot of diving and jumping, Ben would look bad at times. I've seen the look on Eli's face. Plax was the worst offender. He never would want to dive and often wouldn't leap fully. I know he played hurt a lot so that may have been an issue but still.
Old 05-24-2010, 10:12 AM   #27
SteelKnight
Team President

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelerFanInStl View Post
It's like getting upset about fantasy football rankings.

I'm surprised that Woodson would say that Ben's not a franchise QB but WTF does Muhammed know about franchise QBs? He never played with one! Anyone that says that Ben's not a franchise QB is talking out their azz.
LOL on Mushin. When he was talking I was getting upset. lol

I don't think anyone is upset about Madden. We are just asking how you would rate the QBs. It is a starting point for debate.
Old 05-24-2010, 10:15 AM   #28
SteelKnight
Team President

Quote:
i was being sarcastic about manning. i think he is the best QB of all time. he is the colts. without him there nothing. there defense, offensive line and running game isnt very good but still manning wins an mvp and takes the team to the superbowl. even though his line is mediocre at best he isnt sacked alot because of his quick release.
Nope. I'm not giving you that.. lol I disagree when people start using SBs to break ties with QBs but when you make statements like the "Best of All time", leading your team to win multiple championships IS a factor. Montana and Brady must be up there in the running.
Old 05-24-2010, 04:43 PM   #29
wootawnee
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 4530

I got Ben Number one.......Then I got Brees........

Ben
Brees
Manning.....(Cause I would kick his ass and make him listen and not choke)....
Rodgers

These are the only ones I would want.........Ben and Brees are the best 2 competitors in the league at the position.......By Far.........They got the fire in their hearts.......
Old 07-01-2010, 12:31 PM   #30
supa_fly_steeler
Banned

Member Number: 15332

madden ratings are retarded. it doesnt matter how well your qb is.

if i take a qb like rating 80 say alex smith, have a half decent season, or say defenses takes us to super bowl... win it with smith putting up MVP numbers his overall will go into 90 in just one season. ea are pathetic.
supa_fly_steeler is offline   Reply With Quote