Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > General Football > NFL Draft

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Referees    Browns

Old 05-20-2010, 03:19 PM   #91
stlrtruck
THE PRINCESS' Daddy
Supporter

Member Number: 2398
Default Re: WHY I WANT TEBOW!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by steeldawg View Post
What does tebow give you at the qb position to help a team win in the nfl. I live in florida and have had tebow rammed down my throat for years and I must tell you his skill set is mediocre at best . This was a Marketing move by denver plain and simple there is no chance he starts for that team, he will be great for selling jerseys. Please dont tell me wildcat Tebow does not have the speed or the quickness to run the wildcat in the nfl.
I too live in Florida and have heard the high and mighty praises of Tebow as a college athlete. So understand what you are saying. However, the difference being that I believe Tebow has the ability to learn and change his techniques in the areas in which "the professionals" thinks he lacks. Past that I see him being a locker room presence, a leader, and someone with a WILL DO ANYTHING TO WIN ATTITUDE. That presence is missing on a lot more teams than it is present on. I do think he'll be a quality QB in the NFL. I don't think he'll be used as a gimmick QB, but instead he'll be groomed and with the QBs on denver's roster, I find it plausible that he'll start - sooner rather than later. Those are just my opinions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by revefsreleets View Post
There's hope for Tebow yet...

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shu...urn=nfl,242129

Culpepper headed to UFL's Sacramento Mountain Lions...
While I'm sure you dream of the day you'll be able to lash out at those of us who think he'll be a quality QB in the NFL, I don't Tebow heading to the UFL anytime soon.

I do think it would be funnier if in 5 years your boy Ginn ends up in Denver and Tebow actually makes him look like a quality WR

60 Minutes, 53 Men, 6 Trophies,1 NATION. . .STEELERS NATION!!!
Sig courtesy of STEELAX04
stlrtruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 03:34 PM   #92
revefsreleets
Living Legend

Member Number: 5353

Hmmmm..."bu-bu-bu-Ginn"?

Gets old. And it was pretty weak the first 375 times to begin with...

This really isn't fair to Dante Culpepper. Unlike Tebow, DC had some good quality years as an NFL starter.
Old 05-20-2010, 04:01 PM   #93
stlrtruck
THE PRINCESS' Daddy
Supporter

Quote:
Hmmmm..."bu-bu-bu-Ginn"?

Gets old. And it was pretty weak the first 375 times to begin with...

This really isn't fair to Dante Culpepper. Unlike Tebow, DC had some good quality years as an NFL starter.
so is the bu-bu-bu-Limas, but hey if the guru gets to use it I guess it's okay.

And it's just as "unfair" to Tim Tebow because he hasn't even taken a snap in the NFL and you've labeled him a bust. So a man who had his opportunity in the NFL, screwed himself out of opportunities is legit but a kid who hasn't even played one season doesn't even get the benefit of the doubt.

Old 05-21-2010, 01:03 PM   #94
revefsreleets
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlrtruck View Post
so is the bu-bu-bu-Limas, but hey if the guru gets to use it I guess it's okay.

And it's just as "unfair" to Tim Tebow because he hasn't even taken a snap in the NFL and you've labeled him a bust. So a man who had his opportunity in the NFL, screwed himself out of opportunities is legit but a kid who hasn't even played one season doesn't even get the benefit of the doubt.
Huh?

Limas Sweed is a bust. It's actually old news that refuses to die. And at LEAST he's a Steeler! Ginn's fate is TBD. Ginn bashing is a sport on this board SOLELY because of the team he played for in college and my allegiance to that team. It's just more braintrust straw grasping bullshit...and every time you resort to it you lower yourself to their level.
Old 05-21-2010, 02:46 PM   #95
stlrtruck
THE PRINCESS' Daddy
Supporter

Quote:
Huh?

Limas Sweed is a bust. It's actually old news that refuses to die. And at LEAST he's a Steeler! Ginn's fate is TBD. Ginn bashing is a sport on this board SOLELY because of the team he played for in college and my allegiance to that team. It's just more braintrust straw grasping bullshit...and every time you resort to it you lower yourself to their level.
Come on revs, the everyone is against me card is old hat.

Ginn bashing isn't because of the team he played for in college. To try and ride that horse to the finish line is ridiculous. As much as you have determined Sweed a bust, Ginn has not proven himself worthy of the #9 pick in which he was taken. He certainly has not proven himself worthy of the dolphins trading Welker away the off-season before he was drafted.

And you still trusting that Ginn is some quality NFL WR shows that you have some man crush on him. And everytime you attempt to prove it, it's just another moment to laugh!

To bring this back on point, I guess you could compare other's hate for Ginn due to his collegiate days to your hate of Tebow because of his collegiate days. Because honestly, in all your rants against Tebow it seems you dislike him more because of where he went to school than because of what you see on the field.

Old 05-21-2010, 04:18 PM   #96
revefsreleets
Living Legend

Ginn is still in play. In case you haven't been paying attention, his trade value was equal to that of Santo's, so...um, yeah, even though there are mitigating circumstances, it's intellectual dishonesty to pretend that that the two are in ANY way related outside of a few people who are angry with me for pointing out their multiple errors, and those sour losers simply playing sour grapes because I have audacity to point out that they are frequently wrong.

Also, concerning his "discussion value", Bill Bates is still discussed, and ONLY as a Special teamer. So it's a little premature for the braintrust to dismiss Ginn 12 years early...and he COULD (unlike Limas Bust) end up being a serviceable #2 at WR.
Old 05-24-2010, 12:03 PM   #97
Dino 6 Rings
Living Legend

Member Number: 6891

Still the fastest selling rookie jersey of all time.
Old 05-24-2010, 07:28 PM   #98
revefsreleets
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dino 6 Rings View Post
Still the fastest selling rookie jersey of all time.
Yugo sold a lot of cars, too....
Old 05-25-2010, 01:55 PM   #99
stlrtruck
THE PRINCESS' Daddy
Supporter

Quote:
Ginn is still in play. In case you haven't been paying attention, his trade value was equal to that of Santo's, so...um, yeah, even though there are mitigating circumstances, it's intellectual dishonesty to pretend that that the two are in ANY way related outside of a few people who are angry with me for pointing out their multiple errors, and those sour losers simply playing sour grapes because I have audacity to point out that they are frequently wrong.

Also, concerning his "discussion value", Bill Bates is still discussed, and ONLY as a Special teamer. So it's a little premature for the braintrust to dismiss Ginn 12 years early...and he COULD (unlike Limas Bust) end up being a serviceable #2 at WR.
So let's see, you give a man who was a second round pick a higher standard than what you give the 9th pick overall. At least that's how it seems your showcasing it. His trade value was only equal to Santo's because of Santo's off field issues. Do you truly believe that Santo would have gone for a 5th rounder had he been clean and sober?

Ginn being a servicable #2 is laughable. The man is afraid to take a hit, the man is afraid to play the sport the way it's meant to be played. Then again if Goodell continues to diminish the rules to make it powder puff then I don't see any reason why Ginn won't make it as a HOF'er. But until the complete pansification of the league Ginn will be nothing more than a joke of a player who will only be used as a STer, and the occasionaly 3rd or 4th WR.

It is cute how you completely rule out Limas because of his first few years (and probably injury) as being a potential but your man love for Ginn still has him as serviceable.

Things that make you go hmmmm!

Old 05-26-2010, 08:27 AM   #100
revefsreleets
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlrtruck View Post
So let's see, you give a man who was a second round pick a higher standard than what you give the 9th pick overall. At least that's how it seems your showcasing it. His trade value was only equal to Santo's because of Santo's off field issues. Do you truly believe that Santo would have gone for a 5th rounder had he been clean and sober?

Ginn being a servicable #2 is laughable. The man is afraid to take a hit, the man is afraid to play the sport the way it's meant to be played. Then again if Goodell continues to diminish the rules to make it powder puff then I don't see any reason why Ginn won't make it as a HOF'er. But until the complete pansification of the league Ginn will be nothing more than a joke of a player who will only be used as a STer, and the occasionaly 3rd or 4th WR.

It is cute how you completely rule out Limas because of his first few years (and probably injury) as being a potential but your man love for Ginn still has him as serviceable.

Things that make you go hmmmm!
Dude, WTF? Have you let YOUR hatred of me and my posts blind you? First off, circumstances are EVERYTHING in this case! To ignore all the mitigating circumstances is ludicrous. Santo is a pothead, but Ginn is not, and, yes, that is part of the equation. Limas was NOT injured for his first two years, he's injured now. And, news flash, injuries are a big part of busts, look at Steve Emtman. If you want to play "what if" games you are more than welcome to, but i prefer to keep it apples to apples.

The fact remains, Ginn has played, has won games, has had productive games, and has contributed. Was he worth a 9 overall? HELL NO! But Limas Sweed is an absolute waste of a draft pick and a roster spot. Steely McBeem has contributed more, and still, for some unkinwn reason, the fans cling to some ridiculous notion that he can be redeemed. Why? And, you speak of hypocrisy? Hypocrisy is making these huge leaps of "logic" that Sweed will come back but Ginn is a waste. It's retarded....Ginn has had single quarters of one football game where he accomplished more than Sweed has in his whole NFL career!

The true beauty of all this is it reeks of desperation...I made it quite clear, and earlier than most, that Sweed was a bust. Certain third string posters here took umbrage and sat out on a quest to somehow, instead of facing that self-evident fact, diaparge and discredit me by linking my support for an alumnus of a team I follow to Sweed. By making that leap it's actually YOUR camp who makes the relation, NOT ME!

You guys need to grow up and stop this. Ginn is what he is, and he's not worth a 9th overall, but he's still playing and a has a future in the league. Sweed future is far murkier...stop trying to tie the two together simply because you don't like me calling you and yours out openly on this board.