Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > General Football > NFL Draft

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Referees    Browns

Old 05-26-2010, 08:49 AM   #101
stlrtruck
THE PRINCESS' Daddy
Supporter

Member Number: 2398
Default Re: WHY I WANT TEBOW!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by revefsreleets View Post
Dude, WTF? Have you let YOUR hatred of me and my posts blind you? First off, circumstances are EVERYTHING in this case! To ignore all the mitigating circumstances is ludicrous. Santo is a pothead, but Ginn is not, and, yes, that is part of the equation. Limas was NOT injured for his first two years, he's injured now. And, news flash, injuries are a big part of busts, look at Steve Emtman. If you want to play "what if" games you are more than welcome to, but i prefer to keep it apples to apples.

The fact remains, Ginn has played, has won games, has had productive games, and has contributed. Was he worth a 9 overall? HELL NO! But Limas Sweed is an absolute waste of a draft pick and a roster spot. Steely McBeem has contributed more, and still, for some unkinwn reason, the fans cling to some ridiculous notion that he can be redeemed. Why? And, you speak of hypocrisy? Hypocrisy is making these huge leaps of "logic" that Sweed will come back but Ginn is a waste. It's retarded....Ginn has had single quarters of one football game where he accomplished more than Sweed has in his whole NFL career!

The true beauty of all this is it reeks of desperation...I made it quite clear, and earlier than most, that Sweed was a bust. Certain third string posters here took umbrage and sat out on a quest to somehow, instead of facing that self-evident fact, diaparge and discredit me by linking my support for an alumnus of a team I follow to Sweed. By making that leap it's actually YOUR camp who makes the relation, NOT ME!

You guys need to grow up and stop this. Ginn is what he is, and he's not worth a 9th overall, but he's still playing and a has a future in the league. Sweed future is far murkier...stop trying to tie the two together simply because you don't like me calling you and yours out openly on this board.

First of all DUDE, I don't hate you. I think your pompous, arrogant, and stubbornly opinionated to the point of humor. Other than that, you'r just some other person in cyber space that has no affect on my emotions.

Second if you want to compare apples to apples then maybe you should look at Ginn's production based on his position in the draft. IMO, he's a bust simply by the position he was picked and his lack of production for such a place - regardless of the fact that he wasn't worth a 2nd rounder, most people predicted him to be nothing more than a special teamer. You've listed his stats and you obviously feel they are impressive enough to warrant him a success story. Hell even Ryan Leaf had stats, even a few W's.

Hyprocisy is when you constantly show man-love for one and think he's still got this great potential while instantly washing one out (regardless of reason). Truth be told they both still have potential. Doesn't matter the circumstance, the only difference now is that Sweed has a tougher climb in front of him because of where he is at this moment.

If by chance he doesn't have another oppotunity to play, then he was nothing more than a wasted pick, like so many before him.

Yeah, you've called me out. OH NO, what am I to do (insert sarcasm smiley here)!? It's been apparent from day one that you have a man crush on Ginn and through that man crush you've also helped tie the two together.

For someone who thinks this should stop, you certainly have carried it forward just as everyone else. So if you don't want it to continue, then follow your own instructions - stop!

But I digress, this is suppose to be about Tebow. I wait for the day for Tebow to show everyone who projected him to be something else, that he can be a quality QB.

60 Minutes, 53 Men, 6 Trophies,1 NATION. . .STEELERS NATION!!!
Sig courtesy of STEELAX04
stlrtruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2010, 08:54 AM   #102
revefsreleets
Living Legend

Member Number: 5353

Ginn= Not worth #9 but has had some production.
Sweed= Not worth ANY draft spot and has done nothing.

Ginn: 128 catches for 1664 13 YPC 5TD’s
147 KR’s for 3886 23 Avg. 2 TD’s
36 Pr’s for 312 Yards 8.7 avg 1 TD

Sweed: 7 catches 69 yards 9.9 avg 0 TD’s
1 PR that he fumbled

That is all.
Old 05-26-2010, 12:46 PM   #103
stlrtruck
THE PRINCESS' Daddy
Supporter

Quote:
Ginn= Not worth #9 but has had some production.
Sweed= Not worth ANY draft spot and has done nothing.

Ginn: 128 catches for 1664 13 YPC 5TDs
147 KRs for 3886 23 Avg. 2 TDs
36 Prs for 312 Yards 8.7 avg 1 TD

Sweed: 7 catches 69 yards 9.9 avg 0 TDs
1 PR that he fumbled

That is all.
And nothing in Ginn's stats scream success either. You should become a politician your ability to spin Ginn's stats to some attribution of success is astounding. From what I've read, you hold Sweed to a higher standard than you do Ginn as a top draft pick.

IMO, Ginn is just as worthless as you make Sweed out to be, but you see that's where I can agree to disagree. That is obviously something you've never learned to do.

But good luck with your delusion of superiorty.

Old 05-26-2010, 02:00 PM   #104
revefsreleets
Living Legend

If you believe 5000 yards is every bit as good as 69 yards, and 8 TD's are as good as zero, then, yes, you are correct.

Ginn was overrated and has not lived up to his draft spot, but he shouldn't have been drafted that high to begin with. How that's his fault is anyone's guess, but when you braintrust guys get rolling...

Sweed is just a flat out bust, and continually diverting attention from it by attacking me does nothing to change the fact...but it's fun! I can keep this up for several seasons....
Old 05-26-2010, 02:16 PM   #105
stlrtruck
THE PRINCESS' Daddy
Supporter

Quote:
If you believe 5000 yards is every bit as good as 69 yards, and 8 TD's are as good as zero, then, yes, you are correct.

Ginn was overrated and has not lived up to his draft spot, but he shouldn't have been drafted that high to begin with. How that's his fault is anyone's guess, but when you braintrust guys get rolling...

Sweed is just a flat out bust, and continually diverting attention from it by attacking me does nothing to change the fact...but it's fun! I can keep this up for several seasons....
I don't think it's as good as Sweed's stats, but when the man was drafted in the top 10, he should have better stats and should have evolved in to a better WR.

And while it's not his fault he got drafted at #9, just as it's not Sweed's fault he had the injury he did coming out of camp. It happened, and while some here were hoping this would be his turning point, we'll never know...but when you guru guys get rolling....

And Ginn wasn't worth the 5th rounder he got traded for in this past draft. And constantly showing your man-love for him. And it's amazing that you want to throw out the "attacking me" battle cry, but yet fail to see that you have also been on the attack, but hey don't let that stop you from crying foul.

And I know you can keep it for seasons, I've seen your incessant rants for awhile now. I must say they're okay, they do pass the time when the workflow is slow.

Old 05-26-2010, 03:17 PM   #106
revefsreleets
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlrtruck View Post
I don't think it's as good as Sweed's stats, but when the man was drafted in the top 10, he should have better stats and should have evolved in to a better WR.

And while it's not his fault he got drafted at #9, just as it's not Sweed's fault he had the injury he did coming out of camp. It happened, and while some here were hoping this would be his turning point, we'll never know...but when you guru guys get rolling....

And Ginn wasn't worth the 5th rounder he got traded for in this past draft. And constantly showing your man-love for him. And it's amazing that you want to throw out the "attacking me" battle cry, but yet fail to see that you have also been on the attack, but hey don't let that stop you from crying foul.

And I know you can keep it for seasons, I've seen your incessant rants for awhile now. I must say they're okay, they do pass the time when the workflow is slow.
Sweed is a bust. Ginn is irrelevant, and was only brought up because some people got mad that I correctly labeled Sweed a bust. Ginn is a red herring...time to let it go, admit Sweed is a bust, and move along now...

Oh, and Tebow will be a bust at QB, too...since that IS the topic of this thread...
Old 05-26-2010, 03:50 PM   #107
stlrtruck
THE PRINCESS' Daddy
Supporter

Quote:
Sweed is a bust. Ginn is irrelevant, and was only brought up because some people got mad that I correctly labeled Sweed a bust. Ginn is a red herring...time to let it go, admit Sweed is a bust, and move along now...

Oh, and Tebow will be a bust at QB, too...since that IS the topic of this thread...
OH SO SORRY MR. GURU, I shall follow your orders immediately and claim Sweed a bust and Ginn a fish, oh wait he was already a fish - now he's a gold digger out in SF. NOT ON YOUR FREAKIN' LIFE! will I conform to your thought process.

And I'm so glad you've got your crystal ball right next to you to pronounce Tebow a failure already without even having taken a snap outside of practice. Oh mighty GURU will you please enlighten me to the next set of winning numbers to the POWERBALL?

Since it's time to let it go will this be the last time we see you in this thread? Or does your intricate self desire to constantly prance about your self projected correctness make it impossible for you to "Let it go" until everyone else stops discussing their opinion and assimilates to yours?

Old 05-26-2010, 04:44 PM   #108
Dino 6 Rings
Living Legend

Member Number: 6891

Quote:

well, I was hoping Sweed would turn it around and be successful, but the Texas things still bothers me, no one comes out of there the last 8 years or so and has great success at the NFL level. Totally broke it down and I'm sure you have both read that post, Willaims, Young, Huff, on and on.

Anyway, I think Tebow is different, because he is actually being challenged again to succeed. At Florida, by his Senior Year, he probably felt like Super Man, lost a bit of his edge, that's just a guess, but he seems to me to be the kind of kid that will work hard and get his butt on the field as a Football Player.

Do I think he'll be an NFL HOF QB. No I Don't. Do I think the kid is going to contribute on the field enough to garner a lot of respect and attention throughout his career, yes I do. I don't see Leaf or Sweed in him. I see an entirely different Football Player.

So hats off to Tebow, hope he does well. Still wish we could have drafted him in the 2nd or 3rd round. Effing Broncos Suck!
Old 05-27-2010, 07:42 AM   #109
stlrtruck
THE PRINCESS' Daddy
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dino 6 Rings View Post
well, I was hoping Sweed would turn it around and be successful, but the Texas things still bothers me, no one comes out of there the last 8 years or so and has great success at the NFL level. Totally broke it down and I'm sure you have both read that post, Willaims, Young, Huff, on and on.

Anyway, I think Tebow is different, because he is actually being challenged again to succeed. At Florida, by his Senior Year, he probably felt like Super Man, lost a bit of his edge, that's just a guess, but he seems to me to be the kind of kid that will work hard and get his butt on the field as a Football Player.

Do I think he'll be an NFL HOF QB. No I Don't. Do I think the kid is going to contribute on the field enough to garner a lot of respect and attention throughout his career, yes I do. I don't see Leaf or Sweed in him. I see an entirely different Football Player.

So hats off to Tebow, hope he does well. Still wish we could have drafted him in the 2nd or 3rd round. Effing Broncos Suck!
I hope he does well too. It'll be interesting to see how he's played in the pre-season. I believe his work ethic will be better than any of the QBs they have on roster so it will come down to his technique and ability to take what he learns in team meetings and apply it to the field.

Now, do the broncos suck just as much as the bungals or worse?

Old 05-28-2010, 12:22 PM   #110
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 4,839 Times in 2,095 Posts

Quote:
Sweed is a bust..
and ginn is a bust.

accept it, get over it, and move on with your life.

hes sucking more dick out in frisco than a gay day parade.

plus your opinion isnt really worth more than a warm pot of piss anyways.

especially in this thread and on this topic. nobody gives a shit what you think of tebow or much of anything else.