Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > General Football > NFL Football

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

An important history lesson for you TRUE Steelers fans!

Old 07-02-2010, 10:53 AM   #1
supa_fly_steeler
Banned

Member Number: 15332
Default If I started a Franchise from Scratch this is my team

QB: Aaron Rodgers. You would think that entering his sixth year he would be around what Ben Roethlisberger is 27/28. Wrong surprisngly he is just 25 years old. A great age for someone who has been in the league for quite awhile now even though he's started just two seasons.

FB: Leron McClain. This dude's a beast. He might play for those scumbag ratbrids but he's a fullback the Steelers could only wish for.

RB: DeAngelo Williams. A little old for 27 but has a rushing average of 5.1 after just four seasons. That's really good for an average of just over 750 carries. It shows he's consistent and his 2008 season was a great one. Reason why I didnt pick Chris Johnson is because he has been int he league two years, but I want to see a lot of consistencey like Williams.

WR: Mike Wallace, Andre Johnson, Eddie Royal & Santonio Holmes. It's a shame we could of had two of them on our current team. Royal had a great rookie season, regressed a little last year but he's a dangerous weapon to have.

Not doing an offensive line because i hate o-line.

DE: Michael Johnson & Chris Long. Both are young guys and are going to be good defensive ends. I'm going with a 3-4 defense.

OLB: Brian Orakpo & LaMarr Woodley. They will be the best outside linebackers in a couple of years. Orakpo if used properly will be a beast and Woodley already is.

LB: Patrick Willis & Aaron Curry. Willis is the best linebacker right now and Curry is a promising player. Both are young and are the cornerstone of their defenses.

FS: Earl Thomas/Eric Berry. Age, Age and Ballhawking abilities. In today's league i will sacrifice a little on the run game to get a supreme coverage player. Thomas' age is also great just turned 21, how i like it.

SS: Taylor Mays. Yes another rookie but this guy as a box safety like Troy Polamalu will be a beast, he will force a lot of fumbles. As long as my front 7 get alot of pressure going he will be fine in coverage like the season he had in 2008.

CB: Earl Thomas/Eric Berry, Cedric Griffin, Sean Smith, Brent Grimes. I would use Eric Berry and Earl Thomas in situations here, both are versatile, Cedric Griffin is a tough hard hitting corner, Sean Smith is big and physical and Grimes is also a great unknown coverage player who came into his own last season.

What are yours?
supa_fly_steeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2010, 11:40 AM   #2
pete74
Super Moderator
Supporter

Member Number: 15921
Default Re: If I started a Franchise from Scratch this is my team

I like almost everything. The QB is the best. I said it before his first season, he will be the next great one. Williams is a great rb but injury prone. Chris Johnson is great but I don't like his attitude so I would go with rice
pete74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 09:44 PM   #3
viking350
Water Boy

Member Number: 16437

I think you should post a little o-line i mean they are the whole show with out them the qb's would be screwed you know?
viking350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2010, 05:22 AM   #4
pete74
Super Moderator
Supporter

Member Number: 15921

that is very true but most care about the skilled players
pete74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2010, 05:45 AM   #5
supa_fly_steeler
Banned

Member Number: 15332

Quote:
Originally Posted by viking350 View Post
I think you should post a little o-line i mean they are the whole show with out them the qb's would be screwed you know?
i dont really watch and rate the offensive line. what a boring positon.
supa_fly_steeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 07:06 AM   #6
lionslicer
Team President

Member Number: 12850

1) No way you could afford this
2) the fact that you wont choose an O-line proves your team will fail, most important position on the field. Fat Albert can gain 4-5 yards a carry behind a good O-line, and Peyton Manning has well over 6 seconds to pass the ball, more than any quarterback, and look at his numbers.
lionslicer is offline   Reply With Quote