Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 09-12-2010, 05:01 PM   #1
Shreveport Steeler
Water Boy

Member Number: 11229
Default When Ben comes back...

this team will really have to be dealt with. If the Steelers defense continues to play like they did today, and Mendenhall can be consistent in the running game, I think this team has a legit shot to make a deep run in the playoffs. Feels good to be 1-0!
Shreveport Steeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 05:06 PM   #2
StainlessStill
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 12999
Thanked 1,725 Times in 701 Posts
Default Re: When Ben comes back...

Imagine Ben watching this at home? The dude is probably pissing himself with urge to get back on that field. F_cking idiots who want Ben traded need to sit down and realize what he means to this team.

It's good to come out of the opener with a W and give these guys some morale to win a tight one in Overtime, AS UNDERDOGS.

Will be SO awesome to see #7 again. I'm already anticipating his return hah. 1 down, 3 to go! Even though Dixon looked so-so and un-impressive, get it done Dennis, get it done. Crossed fingers, we need both of them badly, even though Eason and Ziggy stepped up and held down the fort.
Old 09-12-2010, 05:14 PM   #3
Downbylaw
Banned

Member Number: 16635

This team wins that way WITH Ben. Titans, Ravens (game 2), Vikings, SB 40. Same thing. You guys act like Ben is some efficient chain mover. Stop it. lol
Downbylaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 05:18 PM   #4
Shreveport Steeler
Water Boy

Member Number: 11229

But I'm saying that this team with Ben could be scary. 2008 we had a dominant defense and a mediocre offense with no running game. Now with Mendenhall, I think we can have a really good offense when Ben returns to go along with a dominant defense.
Shreveport Steeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 05:19 PM   #5
figg
Team Captain
Supporter

Member Number: 416

Quote:
Originally Posted by Downbylaw View Post
This team wins that way WITH Ben. Titans, Ravens (game 2), Vikings, SB 40. Same thing. You guys act like Ben is some efficient chain mover. Stop it. lol
Old 09-12-2010, 05:21 PM   #6
StainlessStill
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 12999
Thanked 1,725 Times in 701 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shreveport Steeler View Post
But I'm saying that this team with Ben could be scary. 2008 we had a dominant defense and a mediocre offense with no running game. Now with Mendenhall, I think we can have a really good offense when Ben returns to go along with a dominant defense.
+100000000000000000 With Ben finally having an open playbook to go downfield and having Mendy behind him some years wiser, he's poised to really come back and do some GREAT THINGS, greater than he's already done. Will be exciting to see him back under center, that's for sure. LOOK OUT.
Old 09-12-2010, 05:23 PM   #7
cubanstogie
Head Coach

Member Number: 3082

Quote:
Originally Posted by Downbylaw View Post
Is the glass always half empty or should I say three quarters empty with you. Ben has made his fair share of mistakes on and off the field like we all do as well as any QB who has played the game has, but only a few could say they have led a last minute drive to win a SB. You would rather look a a game against Seattle when he was just a pup as opposed to the more recent SB where he was a seasoned veteran. I would much rather have a play maker who takes a few sacks and gets big wins as opposed to say Phillip Rivers who has good stats but nothing to show for it. You are the only one who thinks Ben sucks dude so let it go. You can't see talent, thank god you are not in the business. I would be willing to bet we haven't seen the best of Ben yet. What will you say when he wins a third SB ring.
cubanstogie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 05:27 PM   #8
joeyssteelcurtain
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 11092

Quote:
Originally Posted by StainlessStill View Post
Imagine Ben watching this at home? The dude is probably pissing himself with urge to get back on that field. F_cking idiots who want Ben traded need to sit down and realize what he means to this team.

It's good to come out of the opener with a W and give these guys some morale to win a tight one in Overtime, AS UNDERDOGS.

Will be SO awesome to see #7 again. I'm already anticipating his return hah. 1 down, 3 to go! Even though Dixon looked so-so and un-impressive, get it done Dennis, get it done. Crossed fingers, we need both of them badly, even though Eason and Ziggy stepped up and held down the fort.
yes dude you said it 100 % right.

"I'm BLACK and GOLD until I'm dead and cold"
joeyssteelcurtain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 05:36 PM   #9
Hirsch
Water Boy

Member Number: 16266

What SS said!
Hirsch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 06:07 PM   #10
stb_steeler
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 14315

Quote:
Originally Posted by StainlessStill View Post

The wife and i were saying the same thing about Ben. I think the game might have been a bit more on the score board with Ben in. Everytime DD threw the ball low and in the dirt we would say Ben would of had that...LoL.....Anyhow, DD did pretty well considering.

Might as well dress em in skirts!
stb_steeler is offline   Reply With Quote