Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Giants Giants
August 9th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 09-13-2010, 09:19 AM   #21
BritishSteel
Assistant Coach
Supporter

Member Number: 878
Default Re: Jeff Reed is very annoying

Quote:
Originally Posted by rich4eagle View Post
I agree with assessment of Reed, he lost US a place at playoffs last year with his inablility to slow a runner down.
I don't remember that game - which one was it? Also, if we're criticising a kicker for his tackling on a player who ran through ten players specifically out there to do exactly that job, I'd humbly suggest that the blame is somewhat misplaced.

Reed might not quite be the kicker he was two or three years ago, but he's still very decent, he's used to the conditions at Heinz (as far as anyone can be) and and if he's replaced then we've got a year of dodgy kicking whilst the new guy gets his head around our maelstrom of a stadium. It's gonna have to happen eventually, but why bring that forward? There are other priorities above Reed.
Old 09-13-2010, 10:23 AM   #22
BlackAndGold4Ever
Bench Warmer
Supporter

Member Number: 8179

Personally I think Jeff is clutch and wouldn’t trade him for any other kicker in the league. Sure he had some off field problems but after dropping Holmes and the Ben situation Im sure he's walking on egg shells. The wind took that kick, you cant be mad about that. BTW, we won... Try to be happy till Sunday at least

www.steelersinhoboken.com
BlackAndGold4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 10:48 AM   #23
Mags87
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 12016

Jeff reed was responsible for 9 of our 15 points yesterday. there is a reason that no one likes to kick at Heinz field, especially at that end of the stadium. was i dissapointed when he missed it? yes i was. but i remember last year the Ravens lost to the vikes on a 40 yard field goal attempt in a dome. 40 yards is not a gimme, especially with the game on the line on our field
Old 09-13-2010, 11:49 AM   #24
kirklandrules
Team Captain

Member Number: 8659

I really don't like Reed and have blasted him enough on these posts. He has the personality of a d-bag. However, I thought that 40 yarder was a tough kick and will not fault him on that miss (nor the 55 yarder). Hate to admit that he's actually a very good fieldgoal kicker. His kickoffs were better yesterday than what he showed the past few years, but it would be nice to have a guy that could put it in the endzone on a more consistent basis. If he keeps kicking like he did yesterday (both fieldgoals and kickoffs), then I'll be happy and say, regardless of his personality, keep putting the franchise tag on him. He's being underpaid with that tag compared to his accuracy.
kirklandrules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 12:39 PM   #25
LVSteelersfan
Living Legend

Member Number: 6620
My Mood: Relaxed

Just started this post because I was furious when Troy intercepted that pass and did his job and Mr. towel dispenser puncher whose only job is to kick field goals missed what should have been a gimmee field goal for him since he hit a 52 yarder in the first half. He could have easily cost us that game if the defense wasn't doing their job as well. It seems the only one not doing his job was Reed. He did manage to get some kickoffs into the end zone this time, which is also his job, but there were also some annoyingly short kickoffs as well. I hate it when the other team automatically gets out past the 30 because of Reed's kicks. A good team like the Pats or Colts will be in field goal range in two or three plays from the 35.

COACH - Breakfast of Champions !!!
LVSteelersfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 04:15 PM   #26
Third Rail
Team Captain

Member Number: 16177

Sure, it annoyed me that Troy's amazing pick amounted to nothing, thanks to Jeff... but you could also equally blame Dixon for not being able to pass or the RB corps for not making it to the line.

And if it wasn't for Jeff, the Steelers wouldn't have scored. Not once. Not even the Mendenhall TD because we wouldn't have gone into overtime. We would have lost, 0-9.
Third Rail is offline   Reply With Quote