Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Miscellaneous > Locker Room

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Fever Presents...

Steelers Panthers

GAMEDAY
Sunday, September 21, 8:30 PM
NBC

Old 09-14-2010, 11:08 AM   #11
MACH1
Quest For Seven
Supporter

Member Number: 3236
Thanked 5,010 Times in 1,868 Posts
Default Re: Americans' suspicions frustrate U.S. Muslims

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vis View Post
So you want an immigration policy that has quotas based on religion, race or both?
Enforcing the immigration laws would be a good start.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
MACH1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 01:59 PM   #12
MasterOfPuppets
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 1990
Thanked 3,668 Times in 1,583 Posts

Quote:
So you want an immigration policy that has quotas based on religion, race or both?
nope... i want an immigration policy based on nationality.

i'm thinking citizens of countries that we DON'T see burning american flags should get a bit more consideration.

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." -Thomas Jefferson

"The man who reads nothing at all is better educated than the man who reads nothing but newspapers." - Thomas Jefferson

MasterOfPuppets is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 03:19 PM   #13
Vis
In Hoc
Supporter

Member Number: 5117
Thanked 5,215 Times in 2,565 Posts
My Mood: Mellow

24% of legal immigrants come from Mexico. The next highest country is China at under 5%. It's the Catholics who are overrunning the country, not the Muslims.

All generalizations are dangerous.
Vis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 03:40 PM   #14
Vincent
Team President
Supporter

Member Number: 10927

Quote:
24% of legal immigrants come from Mexico. The next highest country is China at under 5%. It's the Catholics who are overrunning the country, not the Muslims.
Catholics make good football players and they don't fly our airplanes into our buildings.

muslims don't do @#$%. And everything they touch turns to @#$%. I can't think of a single thing that islam has contributed to the world except terrorism. Zip, zilch, nada. If you look at what they've done to Europe, keep them the @#$% out.

"We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress & the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution,
but overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution."

Abraham Lincoln
Vincent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 03:54 PM   #15
Vis
In Hoc
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vincent View Post
I can't think of a single thing that islam has contributed to the world except terrorism. Zip, zilch, nada.
That's right up there with the 3rd grader who can't perform brain surgery. Just because it's beyond you doesn't make it so.

Old 09-14-2010, 03:57 PM   #16
Vincent
Team President
Supporter

Member Number: 10927

Quote:
That's right up there with the 3rd grader who can't perform brain surgery. Just because it's beyond you doesn't make it so.
Typical vacuous playground Vis response. OK Counselor, WTF has islam contributed? You have the floor.
Vincent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 04:08 PM   #17
Vis
In Hoc
Supporter

algebra, paper manufacturing, gunpowder, textiles, the university systems, etc...

Google to your heart's content. Be curious, learn. Let the kids walk on the grass.

Old 09-14-2010, 04:10 PM   #18
SteelCityMom
MST3K Junkie

Member Number: 16666
Thanked 2,399 Times in 1,123 Posts

Wow...I know there are some radicals that give Muslims a bad name, but have never contributed anything except terrorism? Gosh. I could have sworn that Islam, in its golden era, basically instituted the first real hospitals, the first medical degrees, the first university and the scientific method. Not to mention that an Islamic university is credited as being the oldest degree granting university.

Without historical Islamic contributions, the studies of mathematics, chemistry, pharmaceuticals, medicine, philosophy, psychology, agriculture and on and on and on, would not have advanced the same way.

I get the hate for terrorists. A terrorist of any nationality, race or religion sucks...but damn, talk about sweeping generalities in this thread.

I guess I should go along with the line of thinking here and say that since some Catholic priests like to touch little boys in the no-no spot, that all Catholics should be put under strict scrutiny and called worthless little kiddie touchers. Whats good for the goose I guess.

http://forums.steelersfever.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=16666&dateline=129531  3365
SteelCityMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 04:12 PM   #19
SteelCityMom
MST3K Junkie

Member Number: 16666
Thanked 2,399 Times in 1,123 Posts

Muslims also perfected the production of alcohol through chemistry. True story. We can all get tanked because of Muslim contributions to the world.

Pass me the tequila!

http://forums.steelersfever.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=16666&dateline=129531  3365
SteelCityMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 04:18 PM   #20
MasterOfPuppets
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 1990
Thanked 3,668 Times in 1,583 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCMom View Post
Muslims also perfected the production of alcohol through chemistry. True story. We can all get tanked because of Muslim contributions to the world.

Pass me the tequila!
don't forget the hashish ...

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." -Thomas Jefferson

"The man who reads nothing at all is better educated than the man who reads nothing but newspapers." - Thomas Jefferson

MasterOfPuppets is online now   Reply With Quote