Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > General Football > NFL Football

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Fever Presents...

Steelers Panthers

GAMEDAY
Sunday, September 21, 8:30 PM
NBC

Old 03-21-2006, 06:17 PM   #21
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 8,434 Times in 3,552 Posts
Default Re: Tagliabue to Retire

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelerzGirl

I think Ms. Rice would do a fantastic job as the Commish, but I truly do think it's beneath her. She has so much going for her and I could honestly see her being in a much higher position in our country than NFL Commissioner unless she would get burned out and/or tired of politics. I guess we'll see what happens.

I don't see Rudy Giuliani as the NFL Commissioner at all, although he's a cool dude...(lol).
i read how tagliabue was on a $9.75 or something contract. the article didnt say if that was per year or for the length of it. either way i think the president makes $300,000 something / year.

its obviously not all about the money with her. either she wouldnt fit in at all today in todays nfl (see terrell owens) or she would have alot to teach and offer (see jerome bettis).
tony hipchest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2006, 06:20 PM   #22
tony hipchest

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelerzGirl

I think Ms. Rice would do a fantastic job as the Commish, but I truly do think it's beneath her. She has so much going for her and I could honestly see her being in a much higher position in our country than NFL Commissioner unless she would get burned out and/or tired of politics. I guess we'll see what happens.

I don't see Rudy Giuliani as the NFL Commissioner at all, although he's a cool dude...(lol).
i read how tagliabue was on a $9.75 or something contract. the article didnt say if that was per year or for the length of it. either way i think the president makes $300,000 something / year. funny how the most important leader in the world makes far less than a sports commish.

its obviously not all about the money with her. either she wouldnt fit in at all today in todays nfl (see terrell owens) or she would have alot to teach and offer (see jerome bettis).
Old 03-21-2006, 06:35 PM   #23
Suitanim
Banned
Supporter

Member Number: 591

Wow, this got a little off track.

First off, Condi is already the most powerful woman in the World, and it was HER who said "My dream job is NFL Commisioner".

Secondly, to think she couldn't adapt is absurd. She served under Richard Nixon AND Bill Clinton, and excelled in both administrations.

Finally, NFL Commissioner is not an easy job. I doubt she'd be bored.
Suitanim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2006, 06:51 PM   #24
tony hipchest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suitanim

Finally, NFL Commissioner is not an easy job. I doubt she'd be bored.
since i mentionned boring let me clarify:

"working in the front office of a sports office would be small fries and boring according to her skills." -as i responded to her having no front office experience with a major sports team (i dont think this is necessary to be commish). sports office shouldve read: sporting franchise office (or more particularly front office of an nfl team). if she ran the pirates im sure she wouldnt be literally bored, but with her skillset she is much more suited to be the commish of a whole league rather than just the president/ gm of a single franchise (smaller fries).

if it came down to c. rice vs. someonel like theo epstein, im taking condi, no matter what the job.
Old 03-21-2006, 08:48 PM   #25
Ambridge
Head Coach
Supporter

Member Number: 604

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony hipchest
i dont know how much of that stuff tagliabue knew when he took over. he was a lawyer, not a football exec. the labor and tv deal are set for about 6 years. tagliabue will stick around in an advisory role for the next 2 years.
If Rice got the job I'm sure she'd have a small staff of advisors as well to fill her in and bring her up to speed on certain issues that are a concern to the league. The good thing about not hiring a present NFL Exec is that they don't have any friends and/or allegiances to any particular team or their personel and thus can't be swayed or influenced as easily when it comes to making important decisions.
Ambridge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2006, 09:06 PM   #26
tony hipchest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ambridge
If Rice got the job I'm sure she'd have a small staff of advisors as well to fill her in and bring her up to speed on certain issues that are a concern to the league. The good thing about not hiring a present NFL Exec is that they don't have any friends and/or allegiances to any particular team or their personel and thus can't be swayed or influenced as easily when it comes to making important decisions.
isnt art rooney II a lawyer? hed bee a good replacement
Old 03-22-2006, 02:14 PM   #27
Ambridge
Head Coach
Supporter

Member Number: 604

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony hipchest
isnt art rooney II a lawyer? hed bee a good replacement
I don't know if Art II is an attorney but he has a more important position to fill whenever Dan Rooney decides to retire.
Ambridge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2006, 02:50 PM   #28
Suitanim
Banned
Supporter

Member Number: 591

Condi said that she's gonna stay Secretary of State, so the job is still open...
Suitanim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2006, 09:42 AM   #29
83-Steelers-43
Living Legend

Member Number: 1009

Condi says "no" to job.............

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2380172