Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > General Football > NFL Football

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

An important history lesson for you TRUE Steelers fans!

Old 03-24-2006, 03:32 AM   #1
DIESELMAN
Assistant Coach
Supporter

Member Number: 1031
Default Chambers prediction.....

Wide receiver Chris Chambers predicted the Dolphins will play in the 2006 Super Bowl during a team awards banquet on Wednesday night. "They play the Super Bowl here next year," Chambers told the Miami Herald. "And I'll be damned if we're not the ones playing in our own stadium."

All I gotta say is "You gotta get through the STEELERS first!!!!!"

BOW DOWN TO THE BLACK AND GOLD!!!!!
DIESELMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2006, 04:45 AM   #2
Livinginthe past
Living Legend

Member Number: 478
Default Re: Chambers prediction.....

NFL player backs own team "shocker".

NM
They've been great for a while now, three Super Bowls' worth of great. But only this season have the New England Patriots become The Show, the must-see team of stars, pretty boys and reformed bad boys. Suddenly, the Patriots are not simply great; they're compelling, fascinating, appearing to be almighty and a touch lawless.
The Patriots didn't bother with swagger to start this NFL season; they went straight to defiant. Either you're one of them or you're about to get crushed.
Livinginthe past is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2006, 02:10 PM   #3
TexaSteeler
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 896

That was the plan in Detroit last training camp, too.
TexaSteeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2006, 02:37 PM   #4
SalukiSteelers
Starter

Location: Live in Carbondale, IL, USA, home of the SIU Salukis.
Member Number: 844

If I were Chambers, I'd focus on knocking off the Pats first then worry about the SB. With the changes -- and improvements -- the Dolphins made this offseason, I'm wondering if you're getting a little nervous, LITP? It's the Pats' division til somebody takes it from them. How are you feeling about your team's prospects this season?
SalukiSteelers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2006, 09:13 PM   #5
Suitanim
Banned
Supporter

Member Number: 591

I think he meant "The Dolphins will be AT the Super Bowl next year", as in every NFL player gets a couple tickets...
Suitanim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2006, 02:06 AM   #6
Livinginthe past
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by SalukiSteelers
If I were Chambers, I'd focus on knocking off the Pats first then worry about the SB. With the changes -- and improvements -- the Dolphins made this offseason, I'm wondering if you're getting a little nervous, LITP? It's the Pats' division til somebody takes it from them. How are you feeling about your team's prospects this season?
Im always nervous before, during and after a football season.

Im still confident that we can make it to the playoffs - and if we make it that far i'd back us against any team in the league, at any venue.

Im hoping our O-Line can stay healthy, which should lead to increased production from Dillon and co..

Hopefully this will take the heat off Brady a little, I dont want him to have to throw for a league best yardage total again this year - he took a few too many hits for my liking last year.

I think the Pats have ear-marked players that make the biggest impact, and are relatively young - and they will be using the remaining cap room to tie them to new contracts - Seymour and Branch (next year) spring to mind - and Koppen is an excellent centre.

I think our excellent LB corps can take some of the heat off the DB division where we have quite alot of young blood - the DB's couldnt cope last year when we were leaking yards on the ground aswell as in the air.

Im excited about the draft - it would be nice to pick up one of the top4 RB's in the draft and a decent WR or two.

Miami will be a real threat this year - well coached, good defense and possibly a QB worthy of the title - I wouldnt be too surprised to see both teams make it to the playoffs.

NM
They've been great for a while now, three Super Bowls' worth of great. But only this season have the New England Patriots become The Show, the must-see team of stars, pretty boys and reformed bad boys. Suddenly, the Patriots are not simply great; they're compelling, fascinating, appearing to be almighty and a touch lawless.
The Patriots didn't bother with swagger to start this NFL season; they went straight to defiant. Either you're one of them or you're about to get crushed.
Old 03-25-2006, 04:24 PM   #7
Mr. Clean
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 1156

Can Nick Saban get performance out of Culpepper and Ricky Williams (provided Williams plays at all in place of Brown?)
Old 03-25-2006, 04:57 PM   #8
Livinginthe past
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Clean
Can Nick Saban get performance out of Culpepper and Ricky Williams (provided Williams plays at all in place of Brown?)
I think Williams can definitely do a job for Miami - he will have had another offseason under his belt to replace some of that bodyweight at a more gradual pace.

They could have a similar set up to the Willie Parker/ Duce Staley duo in Pittsburgh, with Ronnie Brown in the Willie Parker mould (although I think Brown is the more complete back, Willie still has a huge amount of upside and learning to do)

I will hold my hands up and admit to having no idea how Culpepper will work in Miami - although he must be a definite upgrade to the Qb's of the previous few years.

On the subject of Willie Parker it will be interesting to see if the Pittsburgh public remain patient with him if he has a slow start to the year.

The raw materials are there but people shouldnt get too carried away with his overall yardage from last year - a large percentage of that was gained against very weak opposition in the first 3 weeks.

NM
Old 03-25-2006, 05:24 PM   #9
Hawk Believer
Team Captain

Member Number: 1580

Nice to see a discussion here involving the Pats where no one has blown a gasket. Yet....
Old 03-26-2006, 02:48 PM   #10
RoethlisBURGHer
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 370

That's fine that they say that.But the Vikings had much better teams than the upcoming Miami one and they couldn't break through the NFC.And will Cullpepper be able to start the first game of the season?

Ricky Williams probally won't play at all this year due to his positive drug test.So they will probally only have the services of Ronnie Brown.Who knows how he will handle a full load in an NFL season.He never even had a full load in a college season.

Then there is the Pats factor.They lost some guys,but they still have Tom Brady.The Dolphins still have to get past these guys,and that may not be very easy.

Also,can they win a Wild Card spot?Whoever comes in second in the AFCN will be challenging and probally winning one of the two spots.Then you still have the Jaguars,Chiefs,Chargers,Broncos and possibly a surprise team like the Bills to compete with.

Chambers made a bold statement.It shows he believes in his team.But can he back it up?I'm not sure.

Congrats to the 2009 Stanley Cup Champion Pittsburgh Penguins
RoethlisBURGHer is offline   Reply With Quote