Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

 Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers


Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Referees    Browns

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 09-29-2010, 11:01 PM   #21
SteelKnight
Team President
 

Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 2,256
Member Number: 16119
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Ebony ( Lewis ) and Ivory ( Big Ben )...

Quote:
Originally Posted by whatdoiknow View Post
Lewis was not convicted of the murders cause Ray pled guilty to a lesser charge of Obstruction. Which Included the acknowledgement of getting rid of Blood stained cloths and a bag which Ray testified had weapons in. Ray WAS originally arrested for Murder, and was charged and was Indicted by a Grand Jury. So obviously there was evidence to attach such a charge. As where with Ben, there was never any charges, or Indictments, or even any arrest. And nither Incident was simular at all. And if anything, Ben clearly showed Maturity in Georgia where he HIRED two off duty cops to be his security/Sober drivers. Tell me son, did Stallworth, or L.Little do that ?


Ray is a confirmed Criminal, and was directly Involved in a Incident where TWO confirmed deaths happened. Ben was NOT a criminal. Rather a VICTIM of two Bogus claims with zero proof in order to extract money, and fame and attention.
Comparing the two is Moronic!
First, I don't remember the exact details but I understood it. Ray didn't kill anyone and was stuck between ratting on his boys (which he probably should have done) and not. His life could have been in danger if he had ratted.

Secondly, I believe in second chances and redemption. Ray Lewis is currently a model citizen and does a lot to encourage people and help his community. It seems easier to do with money but this is not the case for everyone. Compassion for people is a good quality. If it took that case to bring it out, so be it.

Thirdly, knowing the Ben case, we really are in no position to talk. We ave to hope people will forgive (for the situation), step up and be classy and allow people to move on after life lessons. If we can't do that for others, they shouldn't do it for us. Ben wasn't perfect in what he told the police (in his only interview) but don't let me get into that tangent. I forgive him and I'm moving on. I'm hoping other fans will be classy.

Fourthly, to me football is just a game. These are real people

Quote:
Originally Posted by stb_steeler View Post
Exactly...what SteelKnight u got some man love for Lewis or what? As whatdoiknow states, he took a lesser charge, does not mean that he didnt do it, just no evidence.
See above.

In addition, to each his own but I don't feel the need to try to put or competitors down with some of these things like being gay and other things. If some Browns fan said Ben was gay, I would just take it as jealousy. That is just an example of some of the ugliness.

On some other board, a person really believed all people in Cleveland are stupid and losers. At first I was going along with it because I thought it was just football fun but then as the ugliness progressed I realized a lot of these people were dead serious. That's what they believed in their warped world. Sure... everyone at the Cleveland Clinic is stupid. lol
__________________
SteelKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 11:19 PM   #22
whatdoiknow
Banned
 

Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 613
Member Number: 16053
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Ebony ( Lewis ) and Ivory ( Big Ben )...

If you knowingly assist others in getting rid of evidence of a crime...in this case a Murder, whether you took part or not it does not matter, it is the SAME exact thing.....it's called " ACCESSORY to Murder. And Ray was arrested for that, and Indicted. The only reason the DA offered him a plea deal was for him to testify against the two others that the DA said DID do the actual Murders. So no matter what you say, Ray was Involved in the deaths of two people. As where Ben was the VICTIM of Opportunistic ****s!
whatdoiknow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2010, 01:21 AM   #23
SteelKnight
Team President
 

Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 2,256
Member Number: 16119
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Ebony ( Lewis ) and Ivory ( Big Ben )...

Quote:
Originally Posted by whatdoiknow View Post
If you knowingly assist others in getting rid of evidence of a crime...in this case a Murder, whether you took part or not it does not matter, it is the SAME exact thing.....it's called " ACCESSORY to Murder. And Ray was arrested for that, and Indicted. The only reason the DA offered him a plea deal was for him to testify against the two others that the DA said DID do the actual Murders. So no matter what you say, Ray was Involved in the deaths of two people. As where Ben was the VICTIM of Opportunistic ****s!
He pleded to a misdemenor charge of "obstruction of justice". The prosecution wasn't even able to convict the other two people anyway.

Like I said, with Ben, if we want the same respect, we should not go shooting off our mouths. I like Ben and I believe (in my heart) he did not rape that girl...but to be honest, I'm more certain that Ray didn't murder those 2 guys than I am that Ben didn't rape the girl.

Ben settled with that girl and she refused to testify. Although the DA said he would proceed even without her if he thought he had a case, he knew he had no case without her (and it was her wish not to proceed). Had she been willing to testify, they would ave proceeded. If Ben hadn't paid her off, we would have heard about a civil trial by now.

Our house is glass.
__________________
SteelKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2010, 01:29 AM   #24
whatdoiknow
Banned
 

Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 613
Member Number: 16053
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Ebony ( Lewis ) and Ivory ( Big Ben )...

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelKnight View Post
He pleded to a misdemenor charge of "obstruction of justice". The prosecution wasn't even able to convict the other two people anyway.

Like I said, with Ben, if we want the same respect, we should not go shooting off our mouths. I like Ben and I believe (in my heart) he did not rape that girl...but to be honest, I'm more certain that Ray didn't murder those 2 guys than I am that Ben didn't rape the girl.

Ben settled with that girl and she refused to testify. Although the DA said he would proceed even without her if he thought he had a case, he knew he had no case without her (and it was her wish not to proceed). Had she been willing to testify, they would ave proceeded. If Ben hadn't paid her off, we would have heard about a civil trial by now.

Our house is glass.




Please show anywhere in print that says Ben paid off the alleged victim in Georgia.
Cause I never saw anything that said that. The DA can say whatever he wants to appease himself and his office. Bottom line there was no evidence of " Forced penal entry, or DNA evidence. And the girl, as well as her friends told two conficting statements that night to one officier. And a completely different account two days
after to the GBI. And this is on their own website. You see, people like you, Clueless people who like to Assume facts, and spew out garbage that Ben secretly paid that girl off to not testify are what is really wrong with this society.
whatdoiknow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2010, 07:53 AM   #25
SteeleReign
Team President
 
SteeleReign's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 2,229
Member Number: 13943
Thanks: 288
Thanked 335 Times in 221 Posts
Default Re: Ebony ( Lewis ) and Ivory ( Big Ben )...

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelKnight View Post
He pleded to a misdemenor charge of "obstruction of justice". The prosecution wasn't even able to convict the other two people anyway.

Like I said, with Ben, if we want the same respect, we should not go shooting off our mouths. I like Ben and I believe (in my heart) he did not rape that girl...but to be honest, I'm more certain that Ray didn't murder those 2 guys than I am that Ben didn't rape the girl.

Ben settled with that girl and she refused to testify. Although the DA said he would proceed even without her if he thought he had a case, he knew he had no case without her (and it was her wish not to proceed). Had she been willing to testify, they would ave proceeded. If Ben hadn't paid her off, we would have heard about a civil trial by now.

Our house is glass.
Dude - don't even get into a conversation with "whatdoIknow" about Big Ben...the guy is obsessed with him & the case. It's almost comical...he's like one of Pavlov's dogs...make some negative statement about BB, wait 10 seconds, and WHAMMO...enjoy the fireworks!
SteeleReign is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2010, 09:11 AM   #26
cloppbeast
Team Captain
 
cloppbeast's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Waynesboro
Posts: 868
Gender: Male
Member Number: 16124
Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Default Re: Ebony ( Lewis ) and Ivory ( Big Ben )...

Quote:
Originally Posted by whatdoiknow View Post
Are you Ignorant ? I mean what about this don't you get ?.....RAPE has NOTHING to do with Physical Attraction! It is a crime of VIOLENCE...Not Sexual Attraction! So whether you are Gay or straight does not matter...either can be Violent. So either one is just as likely to commit a Rape IF they have Violent tendencies.


Please give it up. You are Obviously Uneducated on the subject. And think that Rape IS about Sex, and sexual attraction. Which is a Ignorant belief.
Rape has zero sexual connotations? Where are you getting this from? Seriously.

Rape is a crime of violance and sexual attraction.

I really don't see how you can say rape has nothing to do with physical attraction. Of course, I'm no expert like you. Then again, you're an expert about pretty much every subject we discuss on this board - in your own mind at least.

If you can find an example of a gay guy raping a women or vise-versa, I'll admit defeat.
cloppbeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2010, 09:56 AM   #27
Nevermore
Bench Warmer
 

Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 190
Member Number: 14524
Thanks: 1
Thanked 25 Times in 9 Posts
Default Re: Ebony ( Lewis ) and Ivory ( Big Ben )...

Quote:
Originally Posted by whatdoiknow View Post
Are you Ignorant ? I mean what about this don't you get ?.....RAPE has NOTHING to do with Physical Attraction! It is a crime of VIOLENCE...Not Sexual Attraction! So whether you are Gay or straight does not matter...either can be Violent. So either one is just as likely to commit a Rape IF they have Violent tendencies.


Please give it up. You are Obviously Uneducated on the subject. And think that Rape IS about Sex, and sexual attraction. Which is a Ignorant belief.
Interesting. That's why college guys at frat parties are typically the perpetrators of college rape? Drunk girls passed out, or ones they get back to their room after "acting like they wanted it" and then having non consensual sex with them? "They way she dressed, she wanted it" All those quotes we have all heard before. Not pure violence. Sexual violence. It does have to do with violence, but it also has to do with sex. That's the difference between beating someone to death and raping them. The Sex!
Also by this rationale, why are so many more women raped than men? If it was about pure violence, seems to me that men would get raped more by men. Just like murder and assault.


I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.....
Nevermore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2010, 04:27 PM   #28
SteelKnight
Team President
 

Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 2,256
Member Number: 16119
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Ebony ( Lewis ) and Ivory ( Big Ben )...

Quote:
Originally Posted by whatdoiknow View Post
Please show anywhere in print that says Ben paid off the alleged victim in Georgia.
Cause I never saw anything that said that. The DA can say whatever he wants to appease himself and his office. Bottom line there was no evidence of " Forced penal entry, or DNA evidence. And the girl, as well as her friends told two conficting statements that night to one officier. And a completely different account two days
after to the GBI. And this is on their own website. You see, people like you, Clueless people who like to Assume facts, and spew out garbage that Ben secretly paid that girl off to not testify are what is really wrong with this society.
I've seen your reasoning before so I don't want to waste my time. If you can't figure out that there has been a settlement already...and before the DA made his statement, you deserve to have your Sherlock magnifying glass revoked.

Make no mistake about it, Ben is my favorite player but about the case, I prefer to keep quiet and move on then to spew nonsense. Do you even know what Ben told the first detective?

I'm done here.
__________________
SteelKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2010, 04:32 PM   #29
SteelKnight
Team President
 

Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 2,256
Member Number: 16119
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Ebony ( Lewis ) and Ivory ( Big Ben )...

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteeleReign View Post
Dude - don't even get into a conversation with "whatdoIknow" about Big Ben...the guy is obsessed with him & the case. It's almost comical...he's like one of Pavlov's dogs...make some negative statement about BB, wait 10 seconds, and WHAMMO...enjoy the fireworks!
Thanks dude, lol.

Like I said, I'm a huge Ben fan and I'm ready to move on with football. I do believe he is a good person and that's what matters. At the same time, I wouldn't go flaunting the case...It's something I'd like to forget.
__________________
SteelKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:16 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Shoutbox provided by vBShout v6.2.1 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.0.8 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
Navbar with Avatar by Motorradforum
no new posts