Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

 Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Miscellaneous > Blast Furnace


Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Giants Giants
August 9th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 09-30-2010, 04:13 PM   #21
steelerchad
Team President
Supporter
 

Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 2,152
Member Number: 5792
Thanks: 7
Thanked 322 Times in 155 Posts
Default Re: Ravens Week!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelersNation View Post
Actually, if you listen to them around the Baltimore/Washington corridor. They talk as if the Ravens are much superior to the Steelers. I don't get it personally.
Yea. I know this year they think so. I was speaking as our equal on a year to year basis.
The AFC North goes through Pittsburgh, always has, and I hope always will.

You just need to ask the other 3 teams in the division who their fiercest rival is and has been and they would all give the same answer.

PITTSBURGH!
steelerchad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2010, 04:23 PM   #22
BengalDestroyer
Bench Warmer
 
BengalDestroyer's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: New York
Posts: 323
Gender: Male
Member Number: 16598
Thanks: 0
Thanked 6 Times in 5 Posts
Default Re: Ravens Week!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeHaullace View Post
On the opposite side of the coin, If there's a game I look forward to the most during the NFL season, it's Baltimore vs Pittsburgh. They play each other how football is intended to be played. Consistently. Tennessee vs Baltimore with a close second.

The best part of it is, we get it twice a year. Great football, usually.
I agree, except on the second one - I'd rather see Steelers vs Titans than Ravens vs Titans.
BengalDestroyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2010, 04:24 PM   #23
SuperSteelers
Draft Prospect
 
SuperSteelers's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: From Pittsburgh... live in Texas.
Posts: 97
Member Number: 1576
Thanks: 8
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default Re: Ravens Week!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelersNation View Post
Actually, if you listen to them around the Baltimore/Washington corridor. They talk as if the Ravens are much superior to the Steelers. I don't get it personally.
Ravens were crowned AFC champs before the season even started by the media. Their fans are still hanging on to those hopes and newspaper articles trying hard to believe it is still true, yet their team has not shown championship caliber play to date.

This year the Ravens remind me of the Steelers 09 season. Even at 6-2, something wasn't right.. something didn't smell right..

__________________
SuperSteelers
SuperSteelers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2010, 04:27 PM   #24
StainlessStill
Living Legend
Supporter
 
StainlessStill's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 3,423
Gender: Male
Member Number: 12999
Thanks: 441
Thanked 1,154 Times in 479 Posts
Default Re: Ravens Week!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSteelers View Post
Ravens were crowned AFC champs before the season even started by the media. Their fans are still hanging on to those hopes and newspaper articles trying hard to believe it is still true, yet their team has not shown championship caliber play to date.

This year the Ravens remind me of the Steelers 09 season. Even at 6-2, something wasn't right.. something didn't smell right..

Every year, Baltimore is supposed to win the North and are supposed to have this un-stoppable team and the Cowboys or Patriots are supposed to win the Super Bowl.

The media push's for a Cowboys Super Bowl victory so hard year after year and pretty much pleas on their hands and knees for it to happen, esp this year since it's IN Dallas and the Cowgirls STILL won't show up. Too funny.
__________________
"I believe the game is designed to reward the one's who hit the hardest. If you can't take it, you shouldn't play!" -Jack Lambert
StainlessStill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2010, 04:45 PM   #25
SH-Rock
Living Legend
 

Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 3,661
Member Number: 15497
Thanks: 411
Thanked 954 Times in 374 Posts
Default Re: Ravens Week!

Watch out Cowgirls, Ben is going to rape in Dallas (pun definitely intended)
SH-Rock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2010, 05:29 PM   #26
kwothdaraven
Water Boy
 

Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 4
Member Number: 16975
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Ravens Week!

you guys bring up the fact you have 6 championships like its relevant when it comes to the ravens. the ravens werent even a franchise when you won 4 of those. how about we include the baltimore cotls then?

and lets be realistic, everyone outside of pittsburgh knows that the steelers were gift wrapped their superbowl against the seahawks.

most ravens fans respect the steelers, but we cant stand the fans because you guys are just straight up assholes. most of you are just bandwagoners who arent even from pittsburgh, and quite frankly d-bags like the guy 2 posts up with a terrible towel tattoo. how terrible is that tattoo
kwothdaraven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2010, 05:57 PM   #27
SteelCityMom
MST3K Junkie
 
SteelCityMom's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: In the land of The Crazies
Posts: 7,687
Gender: Female
Member Number: 16666
Thanks: 2,756
Thanked 2,399 Times in 1,123 Posts
Default Re: Ravens Week!

Yay!!! A Ratbird troll!

Thanks for getting all the same tired cliches in for your smack talk lol.

Let's see...

-'you guys having 6 SB titles is irrelevant' (no it's not, but thanks for playing)
-'the Steelers were gift wrapped a SB win' (no they weren't, the score at the end of the game won it for them)
-'your fans are all bandwagonners' (every team that has tons of success is going to draw some bandwaggoners, but not enough to fill a stadium for 38 years straight...that comes from having die-hard fans who stick with the team through thick and thin...try again)
-'We used to be the Baltimore Colts dammit! Doesn't that count for something!' (No, no you didn't used to be the Baltimore Colts...you used to be the Cleveland Browns....deal with it sucka)
-'You guys are all d-bags' (you guys are are all gay purple loving fairies )

Thanks for playing the cliche game! Stop by anytime for another round!
__________________
People assume that time is a strict progression of cause and effect, but actually from a non-linear non-subjective viewpoint it's more like a big ball of wibbly wobbly timey wimey...stuff.


http://forums.steelersfever.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=16666&dateline=129531  3365
SteelCityMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2010, 06:00 PM   #28
SteelCityMom
MST3K Junkie
 
SteelCityMom's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: In the land of The Crazies
Posts: 7,687
Gender: Female
Member Number: 16666
Thanks: 2,756
Thanked 2,399 Times in 1,123 Posts
Default Re: Ravens Week!

Gonna merge this with the Ratbirds week thread in the BF guys...have at it y'all!
__________________
People assume that time is a strict progression of cause and effect, but actually from a non-linear non-subjective viewpoint it's more like a big ball of wibbly wobbly timey wimey...stuff.


http://forums.steelersfever.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=16666&dateline=129531  3365
SteelCityMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2010, 06:45 PM   #29
MasterOfPuppets
Living Legend
Supporter
 
MasterOfPuppets's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 13,895
Gender: Male
Member Number: 1990
Thanks: 806
Thanked 3,321 Times in 1,416 Posts
Default Re: Ravens Week!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwothdaraven View Post
you guys bring up the fact you have 6 championships like its relevant when it comes to the ravens. the ravens werent even a franchise when you won 4 of those. how about we include the baltimore cotls then?

and lets be realistic, everyone outside of pittsburgh knows that the steelers were gift wrapped their superbowl against the seahawks.

most ravens fans respect the steelers, but we cant stand the fans because you guys are just straight up assholes. most of you are just bandwagoners who arent even from pittsburgh, and quite frankly d-bags like the guy 2 posts up with a terrible towel tattoo. how terrible is that tattoo
hey look its a purple browns fan !!! of course he has nothing but the predictable "bandwagon" reply. typical from the biggest fair weather fans in the country. who were you rooting for before baltimore stole the purple browns ? dallas ? sanfran ? heres the truth about bmore fans....

Quote:
Generally I am a fair person about almost everything. When other people shudder during a debate, I encourage someone that I totally disagree with to continue to express themselves in a way that will get every aspect of the issue at hand out and publicly on the table. However, there is one issue in which I won't budge on at all, one in which I'd even threaten to leave the room if someone started arguing points in which I see as totally ludacris, and quite frankly, totally wrong. Although I am generally a fair minded person, my actions become similar to those of Stalin's People's Comissariat for Internal Affairs when anyone from Baltimore begins to talk of former Colts owner Robert Irsay as a turncoat and claims that the city of Indianapolis "stole" the team.

I'm the first to admit that part of my argument is completely out of personal bias. Like I said, I'm generally a fair, open minded person, but sorry Baltimore, they're my Colts now. I was born in Indiana in 1986, thus I've grown up with the Colts in Indianapolis my whole life. My conception of Colts history is different than those of other generation. The Baltimore Colts have never existed to me in any manner other than black and white highlight reels on ESPN classic. The NFL appeals to all kinds of people, and one of their strongest groups is the vaunted 18-24 age bracket. Only a few of us were even alive when the Colts came to Indianapolis, and none of us were old enough to understand what was actually going on when they left. Again, I'm generally not a mean person, but I must admit that a smile comes to my face as time marches on and the memory of the Baltimore Colts continues to decline.

In addition, the circumstances that surrounded the Colts' move to Baltimore are completely in favor of the move's proponents. Maryland's legislature had threatened to give the city of Baltimore the bizarre authority to seize the Colts from their rightful owner, Robert Isray. Faced with the prospect of having his multimillion dollar NFL franchise seized by the government (wow, think of the countries that come to mind when you read that), Irsay did the only logical thing he could possibly do. He protected his investment and got the hell out of town. How bad did Baltimore want the Colts, anyway? For a group of people that constantly pan Indianapolis Colts fans for being fair weather, Baltimore fans have quite a record of partaking in similar activity. From 1979-1982, the Colts did not enjoy a winning season in Baltimore, causing fickle Baltimore Colts fans to chafe at the idea of the city using funds to build the team a new stadium. Baltimore fans had a short memory, however, the Colts had had some playoff success, Bert Jones at quarterback, and the league's best defensive line throughout the early and mid seventies. However, the extent in which Colts fans allowed their memory to lapse is matched only by the wave of entitlement to the Colts that swept the city of Baltimore when fans refused to spend money to replace the decaying Memorial Stadium, which had been built in 1950.

Baltimore fans forgot that the NFL is a business, and blamed everyone but themselves when the Colts left town. While Baltimore fans constantly pan the city of Indianapolis for being nothing but a poor farm city full of backcountry hicks, we did have the commitment to the Colts that you all apparently lacked when it became time to construct another new stadium for the Colts in 2005. Indianapolis, not Baltimore fans, were able to display their commitment to the Colts to raise enough tax revenue to build a new stadium for the Colts. For all the starry eyed praise you claim to have of the Colts, Baltimore fans, where were you when your team needed you? You were holding on your sense of entitlement to the Colts and refused to replace the 30 year old dilapidated structure they played in. Meanwhile, Indianapolis showed their commitment to the Colts twice, first by building the RCA Dome, and then by knowing it was time to replace it 20 years later in order for the Colts to remain competitive in the NFL market. Where were you, Baltimore fans, in the mid seventies when you couldn't sell out Memorial Stadium even though you had an MVP quarterback and the best defensive line in the league? And where were you all during the last Colts home game in Baltimore, when there were only 20,000 fans in Memorial Stadium that day?

A lot of former Colts players were outraged after the Colts moved to Indianapolis, principally because the city of Indianapolis was given the Colts name and colors. Sorry Baltimore, nothing is free, and you lost that name and those colors because you didn't have what it took to maintain them. They belong to Indianapolis now. I don't actually know the standing of the Colts' records, and I don't really care, either. Baltimore can have them. I actually don't mind former Baltimore Colts working to bring another team to the city after the Colts left. It is good for the city of Baltimore that they worked in order to make the city economically viable enough to support an NFL team. What I don't appreciate, however, is former QB Johnny Unitas' volatile opinion of the Irsays and the Colts that he displayed publicly after the Colts moved. Whatever Unitas does in private, that's fine, but his attitude toward the Colts in public was childish and silly. If Baltimore fans are going to call for residents of the city to piss on Robert Isray's grave (the current Colts owner, Robert Irsay's son Jim, say signs and shirts of this act taking place the last time the Colts played Baltimore on the road) then I will publicly call for Indianapolis fans to piss on the grave of Johnny Unitas. If Johnny hates the Colts so much, the city of Baltimore should take down the damn banners of him wearing a Colts uniform that are placed on the Baltimore Ravens' stadium. Baltimore is not entitled to, and doesn't deserve, any public display of the horseshoe, period.

__________________
“If tyranny and oppression come to this land it will be in the guise of fighting a foreign enemy.” ― James Madison

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." -Thomas Jefferson

"The man who reads nothing at all is better educated than the man who reads nothing but newspapers." - Thomas Jefferson

MasterOfPuppets is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2010, 07:26 PM   #30
StainlessStill
Living Legend
Supporter
 
StainlessStill's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 3,423
Gender: Male
Member Number: 12999
Thanks: 441
Thanked 1,154 Times in 479 Posts
Default Re: Ravens Week!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwothdaraven View Post
you guys bring up the fact you have 6 championships like its relevant when it comes to the ravens. the ravens werent even a franchise when you won 4 of those. how about we include the baltimore cotls then?

and lets be realistic, everyone outside of pittsburgh knows that the steelers were gift wrapped their superbowl against the seahawks.

most ravens fans respect the steelers, but we cant stand the fans because you guys are just straight up assholes. most of you are just bandwagoners who arent even from pittsburgh, and quite frankly d-bags like the guy 2 posts up with a terrible towel tattoo. how terrible is that tattoo

AWWWwwwwWWw we're assholes, boo-hooHOO, go grow a pair of balls loser (any fan of the opposing teams I've come across actually hated their experience at Baltimore because you're all scumbags.)

First off, you spelled "quote" wrong in your own name, but I expect nothing else from illiterate retards from Browns fans turned Ravens fans.

Second off, Classy post. Keep up the good work, purple fag. How ironic that you come in here acting all classy and everything talking about how Pittsburgh fans are band wagoners and assholes and completley ignore the fact that you make your way over to our board and act.... LIKE AN ASSHOLE!

(BTW: The Baltimore Colts moved that team to INDIANAPOLIS, so you'll forever be a city that got abandoned because it was such a shit hole to live in until one dickhead decided to move one shit of a team (Cleveland), to another shit-hole and call them the Baltimore Ravens.. and if you want to talk the Super Bowl era when talking Baltimore COLTS, you won a whopping ONE! And even if we did include NFL Championships (2) and Super Bowls (2) for Baltimore altogether, you won 4. Last time I checked, that's 2 less than our powerhouse of 6. Know your facts, junior!)

I expect nothing less from scumbags like you. Don't be hatin on the fact that we have the best fans in the world that at one time when our city shut down during the end of the Steel Mill era, that we picked up, moved our family and resided somewhere else and started a revolution around the world. Anywhere you go, ALL OVER, you see nothing but Steelers fans, and Steelers bars. Not one time to where I was over the map did I see one Baltimore Ratbird bar. You know why? BECAUSE YOU GUYS AREN'T SHIT nor will you ever be and fans like you will do nothing but hate us for the sheer FACT we will out class, and out perform you in every way shape or form as a fanbase, and that's a fact, purple queer. ADMIT IT: YOU LOVE US.

The Terrible Towel you speak of has more history in one twirl than your whole abortion of an organization would ever dream to have. Stick that up your tailpipe and smoke it dipshit. Now go cry to your purple wannabe's about how big of asshole's we are, yah jerk. Can't wait to add that 7th trophy to my tattoo soon.
__________________
"I believe the game is designed to reward the one's who hit the hardest. If you can't take it, you shouldn't play!" -Jack Lambert

Last edited by StainlessStill; 09-30-2010 at 08:04 PM.
StainlessStill is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:24 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Shoutbox provided by vBShout v6.2.1 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.0.8 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
Navbar with Avatar by Motorradforum
no new posts