Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Giants Giants
August 9th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 10-03-2010, 03:24 PM   #11
MasterOfPuppets
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 1990
Thanked 3,313 Times in 1,415 Posts
Default Re: Not a good game for the coaching staff

i don't think the D played bad, i think lebeau just had a bad gameplan. too conservative. they strayed away from whats been successful against flacco , and thats blitz the hell out of him and force turnovers. today we seen a lot of 3 man rushes.

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." -Thomas Jefferson

"The man who reads nothing at all is better educated than the man who reads nothing but newspapers." - Thomas Jefferson

MasterOfPuppets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 03:29 PM   #12
Steel_Bus_24
Team President

Member Number: 2886

yeah that was a bad call to blitz Troy.....someone else should have

but it was a total team choke job today

They played afraid for most of the game and let them dictate

Also Known as SteelerSpartan
Steel_Bus_24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 03:32 PM   #13
SteelKnight
Team President

Member Number: 16119

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raw Steel View Post
They really blew it down the stretch there. You need to play to win. They have to at least try to get the first down. The short field made it too easy with that much time. The clock wasn't even a factor.

And Dick LeBeau's blitz call was awful. He is one of the greatest coaches of all-time, but he blew that one. No way Troy should be anywhere but the secondary to do what he does best - make plays.

Still, a great 3-1 start to the season. We will go to Baltimore later in the season and get this one back. We are in good shape. This one stinks because we are much better than Baltimore.
I agree. Both offense and defense coaching sucked.

Offense-On 3rd down we should have at least trid for the first down. If they make it, the game is over. If not and they get stopped short and the Ravens score, it might be better to have more time on the clock. TRY. The Ravens would have tried.

Defense-Our pass D sucked all game. People were open all the time. In fact, our pass D sucked before the game ranked at 17th. It was the turnovers helping us and the bend but don't break allowing yards but no points. I knew eventually they would break. They played against a team with a good O-line. Before the game there was a whopping 2/3rds chance of completion throwing a pass against us (very low in ranking). One DB had said Lebeau said the short passes won't beat them...well it did today...especially when you allow 10 yards a clip...boo...no adjustment.

Yeah 3-1 is OK. Glad to have Ben back.
Old 10-03-2010, 03:35 PM   #14
SteelKnight
Team President

Member Number: 16119

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterOfPuppets View Post
i don't think the D played bad, i think lebeau just had a bad gameplan. too conservative. they strayed away from whats been successful against flacco , and thats blitz the hell out of him and force turnovers. today we seen a lot of 3 man rushes.
Maybe today YOU weren't watching the game my friend...it was bad. Receivers were open all over the place. Terrible coverage. They have mastered the holes in our zone and we didn't adapt.
Old 10-03-2010, 03:36 PM   #15
Hayeksheroes
Banned

Member Number: 15387
Default Re: I blame the loss on Arians

Quote:
Originally Posted by LVSteelersfan View Post
Reed. WTF. You lost this game for us single handedly. What was with that last kickoff that gave them the good field position? And missing two field goals. I thought you were supposed to be money at Heinz Field. So much for all of the Reed apologists around here. He cost us that game plain and simple.
Yeah, if it had been a 30 + yards instead of 45 + yards. With the wind, those kicks are tough. I blame the coaching staff for 3 step drops on 3rd down. A run up the middle gives Reed a 30 yard kick.
Hayeksheroes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 03:46 PM   #16
madtowndrunkard
Team Captain

Member Number: 11280

Anytime you hold the opponents to 17 points you should win. Especially considering they didn't add 7 points till the last 2 minutes.

Bad coaching offensively and Jeff Reed cost us that game. Even after bad penalties we still had the game. All you needed on that last possession was a 1st down. We need a 1st down and our play calling basically said kneel. That's playing not to lose.

In hind sight I thought we were overly aggressive when we shouldn't have been and overly conservative when we shouldn't have been. I won't harp on that too much because ultimately I do think we lost that game because of poor offensively game planning. If Batch was so bad he couldn't run our offense I'd forgive Arians and blame it on Bens suspension. Problem is that wasn't the case. That game was there for the taking. Reed misses 2 tough FG's. IMO you really can't blame him for missing one of those. But he should have made at least one. Add in a piss poor offensive performance and you've earned your self a loss. It sucks. We clearly were the better team IMO. shit coaching IMO cost us the game.
madtowndrunkard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 03:47 PM   #17
wootawnee
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 4530

Charlie was a scared little school boy all day........

Ike Taylor was horrible........

B mac sucked too...........

That last 3rd down should have been a pass attempt........First down = win....What dumbasses........You can't be conservative with the ravens.......I hated that shit.......Reminded me of stupid cowher calls.........So you throw a pick 6 u lost anyway......Dumbass.......
Old 10-03-2010, 03:52 PM   #18
MasterOfPuppets
Living Legend
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelKnight View Post
Maybe today YOU weren't watching the game my friend...it was bad. Receivers were open all over the place. Terrible coverage. They have mastered the holes in our zone and we didn't adapt.
as i said, they were playing too conservative... blame those soft cushions and all day to throw the ball on lebeau. he seldom brought the pressure like he normally does against flacco. you guys act like its the players decision to play 15 yds off the line of scrimage...its not.

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." -Thomas Jefferson

"The man who reads nothing at all is better educated than the man who reads nothing but newspapers." - Thomas Jefferson

Old 10-03-2010, 03:54 PM   #19
MasterOfPuppets
Living Legend
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by wootawnee View Post

That last 3rd down should have been a pass attempt........First down = win....What dumbasses........You can't be conservative with the ravens.......I hated that shit.......Reminded me of stupid cowher calls.........So you throw a pick 6 u lost anyway......Dumbass.......
the funny thing is , if the same scenerio happens the next game.... tomlin will STILL call 3 run plays.

Old 10-03-2010, 03:56 PM   #20
madtowndrunkard
Team Captain

Member Number: 11280

Quote:
Originally Posted by wootawnee View Post

@$#^ that! You can't rely on your offense to get a 1st down? If you can't expect a 1st down out of your offense against a VERY over rated Raven's defense then you do not deserve to win.

A first down erases 7 points. We should have won 14-10 if our pathetic offense could get a 1st down. Arians failed With the talent we have offensively we should have scored more then 14 points. Batch is a good #2 QB. He was capable of getting a 1st down. Our OC's @#$Y^ play calling prevented us from winning. Add in 2 missed FG's.....we deserved to lose.
madtowndrunkard is offline   Reply With Quote