Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Giants Giants
August 9th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 10-04-2010, 10:12 PM   #61
steelerchad
Team President
Supporter

Member Number: 5792
Default Re: Not a good game for the coaching staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire Arians View Post
have to disagree somewhat. blitzing troy P when we knew end zone shots were coming was just pure stupidity. we couldn't have gift wrapped that TD any better
That's just it, Lebeau gambled that they weren't going to go for the endzone on that play. They had worked it down the field and were still 18 yards away with 32 seconds left. I think he figured another underneath throw was coming with that much time and on 1st down. He dropped 7 into zones hopping he could snag a pick or Troy could make a splash play with a sack.
steelerchad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 10:16 PM   #62
steelerchad
Team President
Supporter

Member Number: 5792

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricardisimo View Post
Timmons, Hampton and Rashard were just about the only bright spots yesterday. It was also nice to see El redeem himself, although I still don't understand why he's our PR.

That said, penalties are obviously on the players, but at some point they become a reflection of the coaching staff. The play-calling on both sides was a bit odd, and once again it seems obvious to me that Arians is a good OC, but an awful game manager.

At some point people have to realize that BMac is not the solution. It doesn't matter if he "never lets his guy get behind him" if he's regularly giving up all of the intermediate throws, and I mean every single one of them. Gay has had some problems with his confidence, and he'll never be Revis, but no one else ever will either, so... I think Gay or a future draft pick is going to be the answer.

Was I the only one who noticed just how shocked Ike seemed when he made the INT? I could swear he looked like he was going to cry at one point.

Disagree somewhat here. Don't you remember how terrible Gay was trying to be the #2 corner? He couldn't cover and gave even more room than BMAC underneath. Both give a little too much cushion. The difference is BMAC is a sure tackler. He's there to take the receiver down immediatelty with authority. BMAC is just a more physical corner, Gay is good as a nickel.
steelerchad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 12:10 AM   #63
SteelCityMom
MST3K Junkie

Member Number: 16666
Thanked 2,399 Times in 1,123 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by zulater View Post
Jeezus Christ did Heath run over your kitty or something?
You say that like it might be a bad thing?

Oh wait...you're a dude. Carry on then!

http://forums.steelersfever.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=16666&dateline=129531  3365
SteelCityMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 12:16 AM   #64
MasterOfPuppets
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 1990
Thanked 3,273 Times in 1,398 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCMom View Post

you just ain't right.

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." -Thomas Jefferson

"The man who reads nothing at all is better educated than the man who reads nothing but newspapers." - Thomas Jefferson

MasterOfPuppets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 12:53 AM   #65
SteelKnight
Team President

Member Number: 16119

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCMom View Post

OMG...lol It took me like 4 seconds to figure it out...I had to see it was a female wo said it to understand. lol
Old 10-05-2010, 03:30 AM   #66
steelrush
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 14589

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmashmouthFootball
The penalties really murdered us. You just can't get penalized 3 times in 4 plays inside your own 10 yard line trying to ice the game.
Agree. Plus, you just can’t fail to capitalize on turnovers the way we did.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharkweek
this wasn't the coaching staff's fault

it was the penalties and missed FGs that lost us the game.
…and our apparent incapacity to field a good secondary as a whole. Especially cornerbacks. When Flacco threw it in the EZ and I saw McFadden being beaten that bad by T.J. Houshmandzadeh, I thought: oh my God, here we go again…
Poor coverage.