Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Fever Presents...

Steelers Panthers

GAMEDAY
Sunday, September 21, 8:30 PM
NBC

Old 09-29-2010, 03:14 PM   #11
MasterOfPuppets
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 1990
Thanked 3,669 Times in 1,584 Posts
Default Re: Ravens to test Pouncey

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete74 View Post
i belive i read Cody is healed up and will be playing against us this sunday.

Pouncy is so freaking strong and has such great technique that he can handle any NT or DT in the NFL. 4 years from now he will have been in the pro bowl a few times and will be known as the best center in football. we should try to sign him to a 6 year extension right now because the price will go up every year
i just looked up the info. actually he has the same injury dixon has.

Quote:
The Ravens are still waiting for Terrence Cody to be healthy enough to activate on Sundays, as the rookie is working back from a knee surgery performed a month ago.
Ravens Head Coach John Harbaugh said that Cody could have played last weekend against the Cleveland Browns, but the numbers in selecting the correct 45 active men just didn’t point in Cody’s favor.
“I think his knee is not 100 percent. He’s done a good job. He certainly could’ve played,” Harbaugh said after the Ravens’ 24-17 victory. “It’s also, ‘Who do you put down?’ We had some good players up, and you only get 45, so that balance right there made the decision for us. And we’ll just have to see next week where we’re at. He’s ready to play though.”
Judging by the way Browns reserve tailback Peyton Hillis racked up 144 rushing yards on Sunday, the 350-pound defensive tackle’s return is highly anticipated.
“Terrence is getting healthier, and he practiced well last week and we’ll see how it goes,” said Harbaugh. “But, we want to get him up if we can.”
Cody could be especially needed with the hard-running Pittsburgh Steelers up next and Cory Redding dealing with a concussion from the Browns game.
The second-round draft pick said he expects to make his NFL debut at Heinz Field with two weeks of full practices under his belt.
“I’m practicing and playing this week definitely,” said Cody, who underwent the procedure in his left knee to repair a torn meniscus. “That’s what I was told.”
Against Cleveland, the Ravens had the services of starters Haloti Ngata and Kelly Gregg, and key backups Trevor Pryce and Brandon McKinney. Lamar Divens and Paul Kruger were the other defensive linemen deemed inactive.
“You’ve got a group of defensive linemen that are playing well,” said Harbaugh. “But then again, we might decide to put an extra [defensive] lineman up, too.

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." -Thomas Jefferson

"The man who reads nothing at all is better educated than the man who reads nothing but newspapers." - Thomas Jefferson

MasterOfPuppets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 03:30 PM   #12
whatdoiknow
Banned

Member Number: 16053

When you are WAY over 400 Lbs,,,the knees can only take so much! Once Cody can take it down to say just 25,000 calories per day, he might be okay :-)
whatdoiknow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 09:04 PM   #13
JEFF4i
Banned

Member Number: 10645

In hindsight, I think Pouncey did pretty darn well
JEFF4i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 09:06 PM   #14
Fire Arians
Anti-Spammer Mod

Member Number: 16570
Thanked 6,553 Times in 2,784 Posts
My Mood: Yeehaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEFF4i View Post
In hindsight, I think Pouncey did pretty darn well
i saw him pancake some defenders right after the snap of the ball. dude had a solid game and is looking to be the real deal
Fire Arians is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 03:32 AM   #15
pancake
Head Coach

Member Number: 13552
My Mood: Lurking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire Arians View Post
i saw him pancake some defenders right after the snap of the ball. dude had a solid game and is looking to be the real deal
And I wasn't crazy about the pick at first, but I love it now! I wanted Kyle Wilson...
pancake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2010, 06:39 PM   #16
finesward
Team Captain

Member Number: 14448

kyle who?

oh you mean that guy getting torched on the jets repeatedly? pass...
finesward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2010, 07:39 PM   #17
kirklandrules
Team Captain

Member Number: 8659

Quote:
Originally Posted by pancake View Post
And I wasn't crazy about the pick at first, but I love it now! I wanted Kyle Wilson...
I hate the Gators and therefore, I hated that SOB center they had who was a real hog in the middle. So when the Steelers drafted him I thought we got the "steel" of the draft. Kinda funny how that draft pick change my mind on the guy real quick.
kirklandrules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2010, 03:40 AM   #18
pancake
Head Coach

Member Number: 13552
My Mood: Lurking

Quote:
Originally Posted by finesward View Post
kyle who?

oh you mean that guy getting torched on the jets repeatedly? pass...
Thats the one...
pancake is offline   Reply With Quote