Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Giants Giants
August 9th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 10-05-2010, 05:15 PM   #31
zulater
Team Owner

Member Number: 5296
Default Re: Michael Oher

Quote:
Originally Posted by El-Gonzo Jackson View Post
Yeah, he jumped the snap count a few times. I still wish we traded up to get him 2 years ago instead of Ziggy Hood. Heck, with our 2nd pick we took Urbik in the 3rd and I'd trade Urbik and Hood for Oher any day.
Oh quit whining, Ziggy's going to be a helluva player.
Old 10-05-2010, 05:39 PM   #32
rick723
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 8221

Quote:
Originally Posted by pancake View Post
the group I was watching the game with noticed it too... There were like 2 or 3 in the 4th quarter alone.
Every play on the last drive too, I was screaming false start too. Also screamed holding a few times when he held Harrison
rick723 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 05:45 PM   #33
SoCalFan
Head Coach

Member Number: 14860

I counted at least 4x he jumped???Just dont know why line judge did not see it?I will watch replay tonight and get an actual count!
Old 10-05-2010, 08:59 PM   #34
Corey120120
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 15530

Quote:
Originally Posted by zulater View Post
Oh quit whining, Ziggy's going to be a helluva player.
I agree i think he is going to be amazing
Corey120120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 04:14 AM   #35
pete74
Super Moderator
Supporter

Member Number: 15921

its insane how some of you try to make excuses for a loss. if you want to blame the loss on Oher being a second early then why not talk about Gay's pass interferance. that would of given the ravens 1st and goal.

we all still tear up on Seahawk fans for making excuses to why they lost to us in the super bowl and now were doing the exact same thing

baltimore played really well and Flacco did a great job picking our secondary apart. if Ben was there im sure it would of been a much different game but he wasnt.
Old 10-06-2010, 05:58 AM   #36
zulater
Team Owner

Member Number: 5296

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete74 View Post
its insane how some of you try to make excuses for a loss. if you want to blame the loss on Oher being a second early then why not talk about Gay's pass interferance. that would of given the ravens 1st and goal.

Oher's penalty preceeded that play, that play never happens if Oher's illegal procedure call is called as it should have been. Besides interference is subjective, just like holding is. No one's bitching about the suspect holding call against Heath Miller that destroyed an earliar drive. But illegal procedure is cut and dried, if an offensive linemans movement preceeds the snap it's a penalty. sometimes the margin is razor thin and it's easy to see how it's missed. But on the play I've been discussing it was very pronounced, it's inexcusable that it was missed. Not offering any conspiracy theories or claiming bias, it was simply a poor job by the line judge on that play. I can't say it cost the Steelers the victory, but I can certainly say if it would have been called correctly every play from that point on would have been different.

we all still tear up on Seahawk fans for making excuses to why they lost to us in the super bowl and now were doing the exact same thing

Couple difference's. First we're( or at least I am) are making our observations on a Steelers message board. If I was going on an NFL site or a Ravens site and saying this perhaps it could be construed as whining? but even then I would beg to differ, because in the case of SB XL replay actually confirms all the calls were correct except for the penalty against Hasselback on the interception return. In this case for anyone who actually bothers to rewatch the game Oher most certainly did move early on the play that got the Ravens down to our 8 yard line.

]baltimore played really well and Flacco did a great job picking our secondary apart. if Ben was there im sure it would of been a much different game but he wasnt.
I've never claimed otherwise. I simply have stated that there were a few blown calls that went against us. It adds to the frustration level perhaps, but so what, I think you've got a 72 hour window to blow off steam after a loss. And that's all anyone is doing.

WTF Pete, it's a message board, we're fans, we're allowed to be imperfect.