Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Giants Giants
August 9th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 10-06-2010, 12:16 AM   #1
mesaSteeler
A Son of Martha
Supporter

Member Number: 10438
Default Bires: It's time to get over hating Ben

Bires: It's time to get over hating Ben
http://www.timesonline.com/sports/sp...ating-ben.html
By: Mike Bires
Beaver County Times

Tuesday October 5, 2010 11:57 PM

Pittsburgh Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger, right, talks with wide receiver Mike Wallace during his first practice back after a four-game suspension at the NFL football team's practice facility in Pittsburgh, Tuesday, Oct. 5, 2010. (AP Photo/Keith Srakocic)

PITTSBURGH ó From all indications, Ben Roethlisberger is a changed man. He appears sorry for past mistakes that tarnished his image. He seems willing to be just as terrific a person off the field as he is a player on the field.

So maybe itís time for anyone still angry and disappointed in him to cut the guy a break.

Letís move on.

Back in April when details of Roethlisbergerís wild birthday binge were made public, so many of us were infuriated with him. We were stunned that he could be so stupid and put himself in position to have a sexual assault accusation levied against him for the second time in less than a year.

I was so disappointed in him I wrote that I didnít care if he ever threw another pass for the Steelers.

The Rooney family was so upset with Roethlisberger that they thought about trading him away.

Around that time, I remember getting an e-mail from a woman who was among those disheartened with Roethlisbergerís behavior. But she concluded her e-mail by saying we should all pray that he turns his life around.

Well, it appears he has.

Heís done his punishment. He sat out the first four games of the season. He abided by the NFL edict that he undergo professional behavior evaluation.

Heís avoided further trouble. He seems to be nice to everyone he encounters professionally and socially.

Heís done nothing to suggest that heís going to revert back to his former ways and be a jerk again.

I really believe heís learned a lesson. He knows that one more slip-up and heís history.

If I were a fan, I donít know if Iíd ever wear a Roethlisberger jersey. But I must admit that I am looking forward to watching him playing football again.

I just think that itís time that we all allow Roethlisberger to put his past behind him.

Mike Bires can be reached online at mbires@timesonline.com
mesaSteeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 01:15 AM   #2
NYC_Steeler
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 16763
Default Re: Bires: It's time to get over hating Ben

I'm way over it - esp after watching our Offense sputter in 3 games so far.
NYC_Steeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 03:27 AM   #3
pancake
Head Coach

Member Number: 13552
My Mood: Innocent

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYC_Steeler View Post
I'm way over it - esp after watching our Offense sputter in 3 games so far.
That sputtering offense should help others in their forgivness...

I am also over it and hope Ben takes advantage of this opportunity to turn his life around.
pancake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 09:52 AM   #4
StainlessStill
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 12999
Thanked 1,155 Times in 480 Posts

Time to put this behind us and gear up for this Sunday and root against the North THEN look forward to the Big Man's return in 2 weeks!

Here we go TAMPA Here we go

Here we go ATLANTA Here we go

Here we go DENVER Here we go

Old 10-06-2010, 10:43 AM   #5
vasteeler
Team President

Member Number: 3341
Thanked 1,017 Times in 407 Posts
My Mood: Yeehaw

well i still dont think he has done any thing wrong. so i have nothing to get over except for the fact that goodell has tried and failed to make our team struggle
vasteeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 02:31 PM   #6
stb_steeler
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 14315

For those that dont want to give him a 2nd chance, id bet they'll be cheering him on when we're winning!

Might as well dress em in skirts!
stb_steeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 03:20 PM   #7
Riddle_Of_Steel
Head Coach

Member Number: 13727

I've been wearing my Big Ben throwback since the season started. After reading through all the discovery information posted on the Post-Gazette, I felt silly for having been so angry at Ben (sounds to me like he got a BJ in the bathroom-- big deal, who hasn't?) back when it first came out in the news. Before reading through the actual evidence this summer, I was actually entertaining the notion of getting rid of him and his jersey.

Get ready when he comes back-- Steelers nation will accept him, but get ready to hear "Rapistburger" and a whole host of other stupid names once he gets back in the starting lineup and we straight up bury a few teams with Ben under Center...all the haters will be out in fulll force to try and impress us with how many different ways they can juxtapose the words "rapist" and "Roethlisberger" together....

And I don't much care, because his nickname at the end of the season will be "SB XLV MVP"...
Old 10-06-2010, 03:56 PM   #8
vasteeler
Team President

Member Number: 3341
Thanked 1,017 Times in 407 Posts
My Mood: Yeehaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riddle_Of_Steel View Post
I've been wearing my Big Ben throwback since the season started. After reading through all the discovery information posted on the Post-Gazette, I felt silly for having been so angry at Ben (sounds to me like he got a BJ in the bathroom-- big deal, who hasn't?) back when it first came out in the news. Before reading through the actual evidence this summer, I was actually entertaining the notion of getting rid of him and his jersey.

Get ready when he comes back-- Steelers nation will accept him, but get ready to hear "Rapistburger" and a whole host of other stupid names once he gets back in the starting lineup and we straight up bury a few teams with Ben under Center...all the haters will be out in fulll force to try and impress us with how many different ways they can juxtapose the words "rapist" and "Roethlisberger" together....

And I don't much care, because his nickname at the end of the season will be "SB XLV MVP"...
EXACTLY!!!!
vasteeler is offline   Reply With Quote