Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Miscellaneous > Blast Furnace

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 10-11-2010, 01:35 PM   #1
SteelCityMom
MST3K Junkie

Member Number: 16666
Thanked 2,466 Times in 1,145 Posts
My Mood: Cheerful
Default Let the TO Meltdown Begin

Quote:
Speaking about his one-year, $2 million contract with the Bengals, Owens said it is like he's "playing for free this season."
While not naming specific parties, Owens also spoke about Bengals officials not listening to his ideas on how to make the team's offense more successful.
"I've been in the presence of a lot of great football minds, obviously when you think about Steve Young, Jerry Rice, George Seifert, Bill Walsh -- rest in peace," Owens told NFL Network. "When I was a rookie, second-year, third-year guy, I didn't say a lot, but I sat back and I watched and I listened. I listened at the progressions quarterbacks are supposed to go through.
"Trust me, I understand and some people here think I really don't know what I'm doing, but I have to do it their way."
Irvin asked specifically what people believed that, but Owens would only say "some people."
"I tried to address some issues or input some things I've been taught about what has made me successful," Owens said.
"How well is it being received?" Irvin asked.
"They hear it, but it's one of those things: They're listening, but they're not hearing me," Owens said.

Read more: http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl/stor...#ixzz124ZMywii

What a freaking whiny bitch.
SteelCityMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 02:27 PM   #2
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark
Supporter

Member Number: 658
Thanked 11,033 Times in 4,566 Posts
Default Re: Let the TO Meltdown Begin

"its just a matter of time".... him loves he some he.

[YOUTUBE]LE0JF4wwkZg&feature=related[/YOUTUBE]
Old 10-11-2010, 05:03 PM   #3
grinch111
Water Boy

Member Number: 15127

I'm soooo glad he went to a team in our division. We all know what will happen, he will tear that team apart from within. I will be at the monday night game in cinncy and i will eat my popcorn when our secondary lights him up.
grinch111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 06:27 PM   #4
SteelerinLA
Water Boy

Member Number: 16986

TO is a cancer. I am loving that he is dividing the team from within. Keep it up, TOE.
SteelerinLA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 08:04 PM   #5
caplovestroyp43
Banned

Member Number: 16490
My Mood: Angelic

For the first time in many moons, I can sorta see what he's saying. Who knows? Maybe he is giving good advice. He really hasn't done anything too outlandish YET to turn me against him in Cincy. But time will tell. Everyone KNOWS that SOMEONE needs to help the Bungles. They have a load of talent on that team and yet all they can do is...suck! In some ways, it's truly pitiful. Other ways, I enjoy rubbing salt in their wounds. Can't WAIT until we play them though.
caplovestroyp43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 11:41 PM   #6
MasterOfPuppets
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 1990
Thanked 4,247 Times in 1,806 Posts

he's taking subtle shots at the coaches or palmer, or both.

Quote:
Terrell Owens: They Listen, But They're Not Hearing Me

After a slow start three games into the young season, Terrell Owens recorded 14 receptions for 152 yards combined. Since then Owens has absolutely exploded, combining for 17 receptions for 324 yards receiving during the last two games, nearly doubling his yard/reception average. Though at the end of the day the explosion didn't mean much with both performances ending with losses to the Browns and Buccaneers, you can't fault Owens for coming alive whereas the rest of the offense continues to limp along.
Over the weekend, Owens sat down with Michael Irvin for an in-depth interview, talking mostly about Owens' career as the league's biggest perceived antagonist through the first half of the one-on-one.
During the back-half of the interview, Irvin presses Owens to talk about the struggles the Bengals are having, starting the season at 2-2 (interview was before the loss to the Buccaneers), fresh off the loss against Cleveland.
While he doesn't necessarily throw anyone under the bus, Owens is clearly growing frustrated because the coaching staff is not listening to the input he's giving. Here's a brief transcript on questions specific to the Bengals.
Who do you seeing not doing what they need to get done to win a Super Bowl here?
"I believe in those guys in that lockerroom. When we get it together, trust me, it's going to be hell. We're making mental mistakes. That's killing us. We got our butts kicked the first game. But to lose against Cleveland, come on."
Can you give me a hint on what's going on?
"I've been in the presence of a lot of great football minds. You think about obviously Steve Young, Jerry Rice... and when I was a rookie, my second year and third year, I didn't say a lot. But I sat back, I stood back there, and I watched and I listened. The progression that quarterbacks are supposed to go through. Understood if I'm supposed to run a post to get somebody else open. Trust me, I understand.
"Some people here think that I really don't think I know what I'm doing. But I have to do it their way."
What people here don't think you know what you're doing?
"Just some people. I understand that this is a totally different system, but at the end of the day, it's still football. So I try to address some issues, or input some things I've been taught that's made me successful."
How well is it being received when you offer this information?
"It's one of those things that they listen, but they're not hearing me. Mike, I just want to win. I want to give that input to help us win."
You can watch the entire interview here.
video
http://www.cincyjungle.com/2010/10/1...not-hearing-me

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." -Thomas Jefferson

"The man who reads nothing at all is better educated than the man who reads nothing but newspapers." - Thomas Jefferson

MasterOfPuppets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 12:01 PM   #7
floodcitygirl
Team Owner

Member Number: 1784

Quote:
Originally Posted by caplovestroyp43 View Post
In some ways, it's truly pitiful. Other ways, I enjoy rubbing salt in their wounds. Can't WAIT until we play them though.
If you lived around their fans, you would have no pity. They love to hate the Steelers....and their fans.

Thanks to MeanJoe for surprising me with my new sig.
floodcitygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 07:48 PM   #8
steelerohio
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 14925

They're pretty much the same up in the Dayton area too. I have no pity for them either. I'd rather hang out with a Browns fan than a Bengals fan if I have no choice.
Old 10-12-2010, 10:30 PM   #9
floodcitygirl
Team Owner

Member Number: 1784

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelerohio View Post
They're pretty much the same up in the Dayton area too. I have no pity for them either. I'd rather hang out with a Browns fan than a Bengals fan if I have no choice.
Ohhhhh.....I don't know about that?!

Thanks to MeanJoe for surprising me with my new sig.
floodcitygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 10:45 PM   #10
cloppbeast
Team Captain

Member Number: 16124

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterOfPuppets View Post
he's taking subtle shots at the coaches or palmer, or both.

video
http://www.cincyjungle.com/2010/10/1...not-hearing-me
Worst interview I have every seen. Why is Michael Irvin on television?
cloppbeast is offline   Reply With Quote