Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

An important history lesson for you TRUE Steelers fans!

Old 03-27-2006, 07:41 PM   #21
RoethlisBURGHer
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 370
Default Re: Steelers resign Qincy Morgan

Never thought I'd say this,but I am happy Quincy Morgan is in the Black and Gold!

Now we need to sign Nance out of Miami of Ohio to end up as out #2 reciever to Ward in a year or two.

Congrats to the 2009 Stanley Cup Champion Pittsburgh Penguins
RoethlisBURGHer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2006, 07:44 PM   #22
Avoid Lloyd
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 1024

Speaking strictly from a special teams stand point this was a big signing. He really added another dimension to our kickoff return game.

I would also like to see him push Wilson for the #2 spot. If nothing else, it could raise Wilson's level of play.
Avoid Lloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2006, 07:47 PM   #23
WWIIOwheelz
Team Captain

Member Number: 1323

I can't remember who said it, but someone was talking about the acquisition of him after he was released, saying in years past, we ALWAYS seemed to get burned by the guy, and that's why we signed him. That struck me as classic Steelers football sense, and boy did it pay off.

If memory serves, he was who we picked up to replace that high draft pick who fizzled, right? Who was that again?

I wish I had a good pic of Morgan pointing to the Steelers logo on his helmet after his TD catch in the blowout. :D
WWIIOwheelz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2006, 07:49 PM   #24
RoethlisBURGHer
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 370

Quote:
Originally Posted by WWIIOwheelz
I can't remember who said it, but someone was talking about the acquisition of him after he was released, saying in years past, we ALWAYS seemed to get burned by the guy, and that's why we signed him. That struck me as classic Steelers football sense, and boy did it pay off.

If memory serves, he was who we picked up to replace that high draft pick who fizzled, right? Who was that again?

I wish I had a good pic of Morgan pointing to the Steelers logo on his helmet after his TD catch in the blowout. :D
I remember that!Me and my Grandpa were like "YEAH,HE'S A STEELERS KNOW YOU SH*T STAINS!"

Congrats to the 2009 Stanley Cup Champion Pittsburgh Penguins
RoethlisBURGHer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2006, 08:00 PM   #25
Midnightwriter1
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 2182

Gibson is who it was ...

As far as WR in draft/... we will have our pick among some decent ones if the steelers do go that rout in the 3rd round. Nance and Stovall and hagen should be there for us.. maybe not all three but one of them at least and each would be a good 3 pick
Midnightwriter1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2006, 08:24 PM   #26
SteelerMurf
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 2064

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattsMe
He seems like a team player. I love the footage of him at the SB jumping up and down on one foot while celebrating. Glad he's back in the black & gold.
I think that was Frazier. Pretty sure it wasn't Quincy.
Old 03-27-2006, 09:37 PM   #27
SteelShooter
Team President
Supporter

Member Number: 2156

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnightwriter1
They have done good without breaking the bank on anyone which is always a plus... though i dont really mind Hope and Randel el leaving ... i do wish Somehow Kimo could have stayed with us, even as a back up .. Wish nobody wanted him lol

I completely agree!

Kimo was one of my more favorite players, I really hated to see him go. He had an awesome attitude, was totally "Team First" oriented, and just a general, overall good guy.

I really wish him well...........
SteelShooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2006, 09:39 PM   #28
SteelShooter
Team President
Supporter

Member Number: 2156

Quote:
Originally Posted by WWIIOwheelz

I remember that too....I was yelling and screaming as he did that! Wasn't it awesome!
SteelShooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2006, 10:09 PM   #29
BlitzburghRockCity
Banned

Member Number: 70

Bringing Morgan back is a great move. Doesnt cost that much and he is great in the return game for us. Ward, Wilson, Morgan, along with Heath Miller and Jerame Tuman back too is a good start for keeping weapons around Ben.
BlitzburghRockCity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2006, 01:52 AM   #30
83-Steelers-43
Living Legend

Member Number: 1009

More detailed article pertaining to the Morgan and Nua signings............

The Steelers signed their last of 12 unrestricted free agents when wide receiver Quincy Morgan came to terms on a one-year deal for $585,000 with a $40,000 signing bonus. He will count $465,000 against their salary cap.

Morgan, who joined the Steelers the first week of last season after he was released by Dallas, will compete again to become their No. 4 receiver and return kicks.

The team also announced it signed defensive lineman Shaun Nua, a rookie last season whose contract expired but who could not sign elsewhere. The Steelers signed nine unrestricted free agents and lost three.

Morgan had nine catches for 150 yards and two touchdowns last season. He returned 23 kickoffs for a 25.3-yard average, fifth in the AFC. Morgan was placed on the reserved/injured list on Jan. 10 after his ankle was injured on a kick return in the playoff game at Cincinnati.

Nua (6 feet 5, 280 pounds) was a seventh-round draft choice promoted from the practice squad to the 53-man roster Nov. 23. He did not play in a game.

Verron Haynes' two-year contract agreement is worth $1.75 million with a $315,000 signing bonus. - PPG