Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Fever Presents...
Bills
GAMEDAY
September 11, 2014, 8:25pm ET
CBS

Old 10-13-2010, 11:14 AM   #31
Fire Haley
Banned

Member Number: 763
Thanked 1,098 Times in 768 Posts
Default Re: Jealousy likely trigger for Bradshaw's anti-Ben rant

The rumor now is Ben is banging Bradshaw's daughter - that's why he hates Ben.
Fire Haley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 12:40 PM   #32
AndyWitmyer
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 14802

There are many who will argue (fairly) that no one has ever accused Terry of forcing himself on a woman. This may be true. But just to play devil's advocate (and to put things into a little bit of perspective), in those days, women were more marginalized. They were far less likely to speak out on the things men would do. Getting hit on and "chased" were the social norms. And rape was shameful. Not saying Terry raped anyone - not even saying Ben raped anyone - but the definitions of sexual assault were, I think, a little different in those days.

What I guess I'm saying is, it's entirely possible that Big Ben and Terry Bradshaw, "chased" women in the same way - but what was once considered "boys being boys" is now considered "sexual assault". Not to mention, our culture was not so hung up on suing people left and right.
Old 10-13-2010, 03:10 PM   #33
steelerdave1969
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 12338

I was wondering if anyone else thought the same thing I was about Terry just being an idiot. Today's players are so much different than back in the day and Terry did win 4 super bowls, but he did it with the Best Defense of That Time. I love the Steelers and have for 40 years, but I also know that that Defense of the Steel Curtain Days could Not stand up to today's offenses. That being said, I have seen enough of Terry Bradshaw to know that he would not most likely be a more like Mark Malone QB against today's Defenses. He made bad passes and through A Lot of INT's. I love Ben, and I hope that all the accusations are false about him, cuz he is one of today's Top QB's for sure.
Old 10-13-2010, 05:04 PM   #34
Corey120120
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 15530

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYC_Steeler View Post
Any thoughts that Bradshaw is jealous of Ben are without a doubt, the stupidest thing I've ever heard of. TB has nothing to be jealous of - he has 4 SB rings in less than 10 years - no other QB can say that. He's extremely well-liked by just about everyone - something Ben can only dream of becoming. He gave fatherly advice to Ben regarding riding a motorcyle - without a helmet no less, and Ben completely ignored and mocked him - only to wind up in an accident which almost killed him - and caused us to not repeat as SB champs. To top it off, Ben continues to act like an immature jerk , especially to college co-eds which ultimately gets him into the biggest disaster of his life. Humiliating and disgusting facts see the light of day and he becomes one of the most despised men in America - esp among women. So yeah, I can see where TB might be jealous of Ben - NOT! Stupidity reigns supreme - there's alot of it going around it seems.
I agree 100%, i do like ben as a quarter back and a football player, but he is not acting like someone in his position should be.
Corey120120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 05:11 PM   #35
zulater
Team Owner

Member Number: 5296

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corey120120 View Post
I agree 100%, i do like ben as a quarter back and a football player, but he is not acting like someone in his position should be.
Past tense Corey, make it should have and we agree.
Old 10-13-2010, 05:31 PM   #36
ricardisimo
Administrator

Member Number: 15369

Bradshaw has an opinion on this because he's paid to have opinions on this. He's not the brightest bulb on the Christmas tree, and never was. I suspect he's harder on the Steelers and on Ben for two reasons:
  • In his mind it makes him more of a "legitimate" journalist to be harder on his old team;
  • I suspect he's never gotten over not being drafted by either a New York or an LA team, to make his transition to the Big Time that much easier.
Just guesses on my part. Doesn't matter. He helped bring us four titles, and we should be thankful.
Old 10-13-2010, 06:51 PM   #37
mikegrimey
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 15679

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony hipchest View Post
that quote that keeps being tossed around really needt to be put back into the context in which it was delivered.

what he is saying is that he was pretty much a small town, shy, awkward kid who's social life pretty much consisted of bible study with a few fellow Christaina teammates.

he did start going out and trying to fit in, but in no way did he try to use his influence on women or bone chicks in bathrooms.

im not defensing terry's comments, and definitely dont think ben is guilty of anything, but terrys actions were much more innocent.

lets not forget, bradshaw got married (X3). while he is always accused of failed marriages, he's never been accused of forcing himself on women.

its possible he was guilty of infidelity, but that is not what his books are about.
Tony how is "I went to every honky tonk and chased every woman" being taken out of context?

It is a very revealing quote in light of Bradshaw denouncing Roethlisberger repeatedly for "the way he treats women".

Even if Bradshaw used that example to show how he turned the life around how is "going to every honky tonk" any different than the modern day equivilent of "getting fvked up and fvcking every bitch in sight?"

By the man's own admission he partied hard and chased a lot of skirt.

I've said it before, the main fault in Bradshaw's venom against Ben is he assumes Ben's guilt without any proof.
mikegrimey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 06:57 PM   #38
ricardisimo
Administrator

Member Number: 15369

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikegrimey View Post
I've said it before, the main fault in Bradshaw's venom against Ben is he assumes Ben's guilt without any proof.
"Without any proof" is overstating the case. Just because the Georgia Bureau of Investigations couldn't satisfy their legal obligations so as to proceed doesn't mean "there's no proof." To your point, though, in our system he is innocent until proven guilty... or until Glenn Beck declares him guilty, whichever comes first.
Old 10-13-2010, 07:16 PM   #39
zulater
Team Owner

Member Number: 5296

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricardisimo View Post
"Without any proof" is overstating the case. Just because the Georgia Bureau of Investigations couldn't satisfy their legal obligations so as to proceed doesn't mean "there's no proof." To your point, though, in our system he is innocent until proven guilty... or until Glenn Beck declares him guilty, whichever comes first.
Actually he's right there is no proof. Outside of contradictory witness statements by the accuser, and her subsequent refusal to talk to authorities what "proof" do you know of that indicates any guilt of a crime?
Old 10-13-2010, 07:24 PM   #40
scsteeler
Team Captain

Member Number: 8491

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanRooney View Post
Exactly what this is. Bradshaw is trash and a hypocrite. Ben is already the better quarterback. Put Bradshaw on any other team back in the late 70s and Terry is just another guy on the field.
I echo your words. I have never seen so much hate well I have (look at the elections) but that is what it is Hate and not just a dislike. Bradshaw should just get over it and stop his Whining.
scsteeler is offline   Reply With Quote