Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Miscellaneous > Locker Room

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Fever Presents...
Bills
GAMEDAY
September 11, 2014, 8:25pm ET
CBS

Old 10-19-2010, 02:25 PM   #81
urgle burgle
Starter

Member Number: 12834
My Mood: Confused
Default Re: Gay parents more likely to have gay kids.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterOfPuppets View Post
i never said it was predominantly learned behaviour. i'm suggesting it could be . which is the premise of the article. not all pedo's were molested as children either. so are they somehow geneticly programmed to seek out children for sex ?
i think this is the main issue here. those that "oppose" homosexuality, per se, still have a hard time understanding how much is learned and how much is genetic. i honestly don't know. as MOP mentions with pedophiles, can be said for other things: serial killers, wife beaters(am not comparing these things to being gay, just using them as examples of possible genetics), effeminate but not gay males....how much is learned and how much is genetics.

if it is inherently inborn, can that be said of other things? can people be genetically programmed to cheat on their signifcant others? can people be genetically programmed to be poor/great parents? can people be genetically programmed to be Steeler fans(hope so)?

interesting.
Old 10-19-2010, 02:32 PM   #82
chacha
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 15976

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattsMe View Post
Tom Brady's parents are straight. This study means nothing.
Exactly!

Seriously though, gay couples probably have the same amount of gay kids as straight couples, but their kids are more comfortable coming out.
Old 10-19-2010, 03:59 PM   #83
caplovestroyp43
Banned

Member Number: 16490
My Mood: Angelic
Thumbs up Re: Gay parents more likely to have gay kids.

:toofu nny:

<>

LOVE IT!!
caplovestroyp43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 04:04 PM   #84
ricardisimo
Administrator

Member Number: 15369

I do know that homophobic parents are way more likely to have homophobic kids. I'm pretty sure there are studies backing that up.
Old 10-19-2010, 04:42 PM   #85
urgle burgle
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricardisimo View Post
I do know that homophobic parents are way more likely to have homophobic kids. I'm pretty sure there are studies backing that up.
just as vegan parents have, probably, more vegan kids. or wife beating parents have, prob, more wife beating kids. or outdoor loving parents have more outdoor loving kids.
i know what you are trying to get at, but what counts, is what you define homophobic to be.
Old 10-19-2010, 05:37 PM   #86
SteelersinCA
Team Owner
Supporter

Member Number: 9302

Quote:
Originally Posted by urgle burgle View Post
i think you already said the word, "optimal". so let's go with that. i am one that thinks we get too hung on symantics and linguistics, and i think this society has gone pc overboard, but, that being said, i look for common ground to discuss things of interest and importance. take care.
I'm not sure throwing any word in will give us structure to our discussion. We need to define what our goals are. i.e. kids that do better in school, kids that have more friends, etc. What's optimal to you may not be to me or the next person. For instance, I like the beach, some people may like the mountains.
SteelersinCA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 05:38 PM   #87
SteelersinCA
Team Owner
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by caplovestroyp43 View Post
Do you SERIOUSLY want my opinion? If you do, let me know and I will give it to you. You might not like it. But if you want it, I will share it.
Absolutely, I SERIOUSLY want your opinion. Do you think your opinion is so angry that I would be fearful of it? I just want you to be able to explain it and justify it. Any time you bring God into a discussion about what our government does you have to realize you are walking a fine line. I didn't write the laws.
Old 10-19-2010, 05:59 PM   #88
urgle burgle
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelersinCA View Post
I'm not sure throwing any word in will give us structure to our discussion. We need to define what our goals are. i.e. kids that do better in school, kids that have more friends, etc. What's optimal to you may not be to me or the next person. For instance, I like the beach, some people may like the mountains.
damn. give me a minute on that. the problem/joy of this type of discussion leads us to other discussions. hmmmm....i guess this may be best done with a version of the "ben franklin" close/argument. make a liste of the pros/cons. i, honestly, cannot think of a better way to do it. i am open to suggestions. but, if this is to be done, we have to be completely honest about what the pros/cons may be.
i would start, but you have to give me some time on this thought process. anyone else can jump in at any point.
Old 10-19-2010, 06:07 PM   #89
SteelersinCA
Team Owner
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by urgle burgle View Post
damn. give me a minute on that. the problem/joy of this type of discussion leads us to other discussions. hmmmm....i guess this may be best done with a version of the "ben franklin" close/argument. make a liste of the pros/cons. i, honestly, cannot think of a better way to do it. i am open to suggestions. but, if this is to be done, we have to be completely honest about what the pros/cons may be.
i would start, but you have to give me some time on this thought process. anyone else can jump in at any point.
Go for it.

I definitely think performance in school would be a factor. Ability to make friends would be another.
Old 10-19-2010, 06:23 PM   #90
ricardisimo
Administrator

Member Number: 15369

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelersinCA View Post
Go for it.

I definitely think performance in school would be a factor. Ability to make friends would be another.
Screw that. Wit, fashion sense, ability to control one's finances, knowing which fork to use and where to put the chaise in the living room... Those are the important things, and let's face it, folks: the gays have it all over us.