Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

An important history lesson for you TRUE Steelers fans!

Old 10-21-2010, 01:18 PM   #41
lionslicer
Team President

Member Number: 12850
Default Re: Harrison: I might quit NFL

I don't know if anyone mentioned this, but I think Harrison is a genius... Why? 2 years ago he was NFL's defensive player of the year, he also had one of the greatest interception returns during the superbowl. He's a well known player by the media, and he announced he might retire because of the rules forcing him not to play how he was taught on a national radio show. He isn't really considering retiring, he's giving the NFL bad publicity over something they thought was right, which could cause them to not suspend players int he future...
lionslicer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010, 03:34 PM   #42
jjpro11
Living Legend

Member Number: 3559
Default Re: Harrison: I might quit NFL

Quote:
Originally Posted by brownsfan2003 View Post
As a browns fan (and also a true football fan as many of you are...), I can honestly say that Harrison is a beast and it ould be a tragedy for him the exit the league. Although I do love my browns, I also appreciate the talent that players like Harrison bring to the table. That being said, I don't agree with the the new rules that the NFL front office have imposed, but where do we draw the line? I would hate to see any player in the league suffer a career ending injury, or worse, a life-altering/ending injury.....How do you govern the game and at the same time keep the safety of the players as a priority? I for one don't want to see Harrison retire, but let's be honest here, his post-games comments didn't do much to help his case.....
a Browns fan with common sense.. how refreshing.

i wish other Browns fans would get it through their thick skulls that Steelers fans are not defending or promoting dirty hits. nobody here would be defending one of our guys if they put a Brandon Merriweather style hit on a Browns player. Harrison's intent was to put his forearm through Massaquoi's chest and knock the ball loose. it's not Harrison's fault Massaquoi ducked down at the last second, causing the forearm-to-head contact. the NFL can't go around penalizing players for accidental hits to the head when the movement of the offensive player causes the contact. it's just not fair. with the speed of the game the way it is, penalizing accidents that happen in a split second is just absurd.
jjpro11 is offline   Reply With Quote