Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Giants Giants
August 9th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 03-13-2006, 04:51 PM   #91
clevestinks
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 302
Default Re: Randle El is a Redskin

Washington, Chicago or whomever, it really didnt matter, he was gone regardless. We got what we had to out of him while he was here. He can thank the Steelers for hand delivering that fat contract from Synder
Old 03-13-2006, 07:22 PM   #92
shevdog
Team Captain

Member Number: 120

That just bites! Man that is big time disappointing.

Steelers Football: Simply the Best!
shevdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2006, 07:26 PM   #93
SteelerzGirl
Banned

Member Number: 689

Quote:
Originally Posted by 83-Steelers-43
http://www.redskins.com

Randle El press conference.

"Money is not everything" - Antwaan Randle El 3/13/06

Right.........
Uh-huh...(lol). Well, I hope Antwaan is happy. He's the one who has to live with himself.
SteelerzGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2006, 09:26 PM   #94
Avoid Lloyd
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 1024

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelerzGirl
Uh-huh...(lol). Well, I hope Antwaan is happy. He's the one who has to live with himself.
I wouldn't worry. He's got 27 million reasons to be happy
Avoid Lloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2006, 09:42 PM   #95
WWIIOwheelz
Team Captain

Member Number: 1323

Honestly, if you bring a winning attitude to the game everyday & know that in your heart, the decision he made was the correct one for him, no doubt.

I sincerely wish him the best & have no ill will towards him for that decision. A 2 million dollar difference per YEAR? That would've been an easy decision for me to make also. The Redskins were my team growing up, the first 25 years of my life, so I kinda like seeing him in Washington. :)

I've lived here since 1995, have bled Black & Gold since that time, but I can tell you anything about the Skins for the preceding 25 years or so. :D
WWIIOwheelz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2006, 10:12 PM   #96
BlacknGold Bleeder
Team Captain
Supporter

Member Number: 1254

Bottom Line it was all about the money!!! The thing that Pis$ed me off watching that news confernce was him saying it's not about the money,he felt so welcome with the attention the Foreskins were giving him and after the deal was done he called Lovie Smith and the Rooneys to see if they could make the numbers work, I.E. give me more. The Foreskins are putting the pieces together to make run at the Super Bowl, in case you didn't notice the pieces ARE already here.
Why in the world can't he just fricking admit it was all about the money, MO MONEY,MO MONEY, MO MONEY !!!
Old 03-16-2006, 03:09 AM   #97
DIESELMAN
Assistant Coach
Supporter

Member Number: 1031

in case anyone is interested heres ARE's base for the contract.....
Washington Redskins WR Antwaan Randle El signed a seven-year contract with base salaries of $585,000 (2006), $595,000 (2007), $820,000 (2008), $4 million (2009), $4.25 million (2010), $4.5 million (2011) and $5.0 million (2012).

BOW DOWN TO THE BLACK AND GOLD!!!!!
DIESELMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2006, 05:34 AM   #98
clevestinks
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 302

I agree his career would have lasted longer in our system, wash. will soon get over him
Old 03-16-2006, 10:28 AM   #99
Steel Fury
Water Boy

Member Number: 487

El did the right thing. He has his ring, now get the $$. The Super Bowl was the best commercial for El and he got the money. His productivity does not equal the paycheck but honestly would we have done anything different? I agree that he will be cut in 3 years but hopefully he will have the bank to last him. For us, he can be replaced. The trick plays were the biggest asset he brought, but someone else said it before; we were doing the trick plays before El got here.

Good luck El and thanks for what you've done but, don't anticipate anything other than mediocre teams for the next several years.
Old 03-29-2006, 08:47 AM   #100
PittsburghGirl
Water Boy

Member Number: 1502

OK- not that I want to beat a dead horse but found this and have to give credit where it is due!

ATTENTION RANDLE EL...

OK, so you are richer than you were yesterday. But keep in mind the following...

1. That you have signed with a team that is already set in the wide reciever position and will probablly run you as a #3 guy... MONEY BEFORE POSITION

2. That you have signed with a team that has an owner that puts more value in buying big name flashy players than investing in guys that bleed and sweat from a genuine love for the game... MONEY BEFORE HEART

3. That you will be pawning your superbowl ring as soon as Dan Snyder finds someone else with a flashier name and even Al Davis doesn't know who you are... MONEY BEFORE STABILITY

4. That you were one one of the ONLY NFL teams that complimented your style of play and made you look at your best... MONEY BEFORE COMMON SENSE

5. That instead of 80,000 screaming fans waving Terrible Towels and cheering you onto the field, you now have to look at a bunch of fat guys in dresses wearing pig noses... MONEY BEFORE FAN APPRECIATION

6. That occasionally getting into the playoffs stems only as a result of being in a division that is consistantly mediocre and is only good enough to not lose as much as the other teams and eventually has to play an AFC team... MONEY BEFORE WINNING

7. That Washigton DC has the highest crime rate per capita and tripled the crime rate compared to that in the Burgh... MONEY BEFORE YOUR FAMILY

8. That Lavar Arrington just actually forfieted money to be able to leave Washigton to go to a team that will not sit you on the pines because of personal off-field politics... MONEY BEFORE REPUTATION

9. That words like "superbowl", "parade", "Lombardi" and "champion" will be forever restricted from your volabulary and replaced by words such as "overpaid", "overrated", "dead-weight" and "downgraded"... MONEY BEFORE PRIDE

10. And finally, that you were a millionaire regardless of what city or team you play for... MONEY BEFORE MONEY

ENJOY YOUR CAVAIR, DOM PERIGNON, AND LOUIS VUITTON TOILET PAPER... IN THE MEANTIME WE HAVE ANOTHER SUPEBOWL TO WIN!!!!!!!!!!!!

- STEELERS MAFFIA

Give us this day a playoff victory, and forgive us our penalties, as we
defeat those who play against us.
And lead us into a victory, and deliver us to Detroit.

AMEN
PittsburghGirl is offline   Reply With Quote