Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Pittsburgh Sports > Pittsburgh Penguins

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Bills Bills
August 16th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS
Closed Thread

Old 10-27-2010, 10:23 PM   #131
SteelCityMom
MST3K Junkie

Member Number: 16666
Thanked 2,399 Times in 1,123 Posts
Default Re: Pens Gameday Talk

Lightning 5, Penguins 3
Wednesday, 10.27.2010 / 10:22 PM
Associated Press
http://www.nhl.com/ice/recap.htm?id=...navid=sb:recap

TAMPA, Fla. (AP) - Martin St. Louis scored the tiebreaking goal early in the third and added a late empty-netter to help the Tampa Bay Lightning beat the Pittsburgh Penguins 5-3 on Wednesday night.

St. Louis blew past Penguins defenseman Ben Lovejoy and lifted a shot over goalie Marc-Andre Fleury to put Tampa Bay up 4-3 with 13:20 to play, then made it a two-goal game with Fleury on the bench for an extra skater with 30.8 seconds remaining.

Dana Tyrell, Teddy Purcell and Vincent Lecavalier also scored for the Lightning.

Pittsburgh got goals from Craig Adams, Matt Cooke and Pascal Dupuis. The Penguins have lost two in a row, including a 1-0 overtime loss at St. Louis on Saturday night, after a four-game winning streak.

Tampa Bay's Steven Stamkos, who shared the NHL goal-scoring title (51) last season with Pittsburgh's Sidney Crosby, had three assists. Crosby, held to two goals in his last 12 games against the Lightning, had an assist.

After Tyrell scored his first NHL goal at 2:51 of the first, Pittsburgh scored the next three goals, including two while short-handed by Adams (3:28) and Cooke (4:29). Adams, who assisted on the Pittsburgh's other two first-period goals, stopped a personal 118-game goal drought, dating to Dec. 16, 2008, against Edmonton.

Dupuis made it 3-1 at 12:15 of the first, with the goal coming 11 seconds after Pittsburgh killed off a short-handed situation. Purcell got Tampa Bay to 3-2 with 3:20 left in the first.

Tampa Bay goalie Mike Smith was pulled 12:15 into the first after allowing three goals on seven shots. Dan Ellis replaced Smith.

The Lightning tied it 3 on Lecavalier's goal during a 5-on-3 power play at 8:43 of the second. Tampa Bay had several short-handed chances later in the period, including Nate Thompson hitting the crossbar on a breakaway and Fleury stopping Sean Bergenheim on a penalty shot.

The two teams combined for just 14 goals - seven by both - in four games last season.

NOTES: Chicago Blackhawks senior advisor Scotty Bowman, wearing his new 2010 Stanley Cup championship ring, scouted the game. Bowman won one of his nine Stanley Cups as a coach with the Penguins in 1992. ... Pittsburgh RW Arron Asham (left shoulder) and Tampa Bay D Mattias Ohlund (right knee) both played in their first game of the season. ... The Lightning were without LW Simon Gagne (stiff neck), C Dominic Moore (groin) and D Matt Smaby (illness). ... Peguins RW Eric Godard was ill and didn't play.

http://forums.steelersfever.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=16666&dateline=129531  3365
Old 10-28-2010, 02:44 PM   #132
SteelCityMom
MST3K Junkie

Default Re: New Official Pens Tidbits Thread

Malkin, Staal Help Unveil Winter Classic Jersey
Thursday, 10.28.2010 / 3:11 PM / Features
By Jason Seidling
http://penguins.nhl.com/club/news.ht...id=DL|PIT|home

At 1:47 p.m., Evgeni Malkin ended the suspense as to what the Penguins’ jersey will look like when the puck is dropped at Heinz Field on New Year’s Day when Pittsburgh and Washington meet in the 2011 Bridgestone NHL Winter Classic.

Following a brief introductory video highlighting past Winter Classics and offering a preview of this year’s contest, Malkin stepped onto the ice through the visitor’s bench and skated to center ice, where he stood in front of the scoreboard with full equipment modeling the new jersey.

View the photo gallery!

Predominantly navy blue with light blue accents, the uniform is a new design that features elements from many different eras of Penguins uniforms. It was designed by Reebok with input from both the Penguins and the NHL.

This freshly-designed jersey is considered a “fusion” because it is patterned after a number of different uniform elements.

The socks are also dark blue with light blue piping that matches the sleeves and crest of the jersey. The Penguins will wear the same navy blue shell with light blue and white striping along the side and navy blue helmets that they have worn the past four years with their current powder blue sweaters.

“I like it,” said Malkin of the fusion jersey following his brief modeling session. “It is a good color and I really like the old-school Penguins logo.”

Although the Penguins went with the highly-popular powder-blue throwbacks for the 2008 Winter Classic in Buffalo, President and CEO David Morehouse said the Penguins wanted to do something different for this year’s game because the team has so many throwback jerseys it could have chosen.

Also, the team wanted to stay with the blue theme because it has become so popular with Penguins fans.

The Penguins wore various versions of blue uniforms from 1967-80, so the colors were selected as a tribute to team history – in keeping with the theme of the Winter Classic event, which is to take the game back to its roots.

“We wanted to create a uniform that celebrates the rich history of Penguins hockey, but with a new look – giving fans something they would really like,” said Keith Leach, Director of Merchandising for Reebok.

The logo, which was previously released in May, is the Penguins’ original logo from the inaugural 1967-68 season – although it was never worn on a uniform. It features a huskier skating penguin, wearing a scarf.

As mentioned, Malkin is a huge fan of the logo.

“I was told this is the 1967 logo, so it is very old,” Malkin said. “I really like it a lot, especially the penguin. He is a friendly penguin, but not on the ice.”

Malkin liked the penguin in the logo so much so that he said he might mirror his look on Jan. 1.

“Maybe I’ll wear a scarf too.”

Malkin didn’t have to model the Winter Classic jersey alone, as fellow forward Jordan Staal also came onto the ice at CONSOL Energy Center to showcase the new sweater.

Like Malkin, Staal came away impressed with what the Penguins, Reebok and the NHL designed.

“It’s a very nice jersey,” Staal said. “It’s a new look. All of the guys seem to like it.”

While Malkin and Staal both enjoyed having the chance to debut the Winter Classic jerseys, both were quick to dispel any notions that professional modeling might be in their post-hockey careers.

“No, no, no. Modeling is not my thing,” Malkin laughed.

“Not a chance,” Staal smiled. “I’ve had too many broken noses for that.”

Staal might not be ready to consider a modeling career, but now that he knows what he will be wearing for the Winter Classic, it’s a lot easier for him to imagine how the game might unfold.

“Obviously I would imagine me scoring a whole bunch of goals and us winning the game,” Staal said. “It’s going to be a great hockey game against the Washington Capitals.”

NOTES: Penguins Winter Classic jerseys will be available for sale to the public the week of Nov. 15. They will be available at numerous retail outlets, including Dick’s Sporting Goods and the PensGear stores at CONSOL Energy Center.

While the new uniform will make its debut in the Jan. 1 Winter Classic against the Washington Capitals, it also will be worn two other times in the second half of the season – Feb. 10 vs. Los Angeles and March 12 vs. Montreal, both at CONSOL Energy Center.

http://forums.steelersfever.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=16666&dateline=129531  3365
Old 10-28-2010, 02:54 PM   #133
4xSBChamps
Head Coach

Member Number: 1911

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCMom View Post

Malkin liked the penguin in the logo so much so that he said he might mirror his look on Jan. 1.

“Maybe I’ll wear a scarf too.”
"... has big-scarf!!!"
Old 10-28-2010, 09:43 PM   #134
SteelCityMom
MST3K Junkie

Penguins vs. Flyers Game Preview
Thursday, 10.28.2010 / 9:00 PM / Features
By Jason Seidling
http://penguins.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=541833&navid=DL|PIT|home

Pittsburgh Penguins
Overall:
5-4-1-11
Home: 2-3-0-4
Road: 3-1-1-7

WHEN: Oct 29, 2010 - 7:00 pm | WHERE: CONSOL Energy Center
WATCH: FSN | LISTEN: Pens HD Radio, 105.9 FM

Philadelphia Flyers
Overall:
4-4-1-9
Home: 3-3-0-6
Road:
1-1-1-3

For the third time in 23 days, the bitter interstate rivals will do battle in a game that pits two teams which have gone in opposite directions as this first month has unfolded.

Philadelphia, which ruined the debut of CONSOL Energy Center by defeating the Penguins, 3-2, on opening night, jumped out to a 2-0-1 start to the season, but now finds itself attempting to reverse a 2-4 stretch which has dropped them into fourth place in the Atlantic Division.

On the flip side, Pittsburgh has erased a 1-3 start by going 4-1-1 over its last six games, including a 1-1-1 road swing over the past eight days against three of the National Hockey League’s hottest teams (Nashville, St. Louis, Tampa Bay) during the opening month.

One of the reasons for the Flyers’ struggles has been a lack of goal scoring throughout the lineup – although they are hoping the 13 tallies they have registered over the past three games are a sign that trend is reversing itself.

Danny Briere leads the way offensively with six goals and eight points, followed closely by Claude Giroux with four goals and seven points. Jeff Carter, who scored 108 goals the previous three seasons, but was held scoreless in six of the first eight games, hopes his three-point night (1G-2A) on Tuesday against Buffalo will help get his ball rolling.

One area where the Flyers are looking for increased production is along their star-studded blue line, where the team’s top-four of Chris Pronger, Kimmo Timonen, Braydon Coburn and Matt Carle – who combined for 27 goals and 148 points last season – have just seven assists and a minus-1 rating between themselves this season. Those are both numbers that must improve for the Flyers to get back to the level they achieved throughout the second half of last season and during the postseason.

• A Penguins’ victory on Friday night would allow the team to improve to .500 (3-3) at home for the first time in their beautiful, brand-new building. Back in 1967-68, it took the Penguins five games to reach the .500 mark (2-2-1) at the Civic Arena during the team’s inaugural campaign.
  • Goal scoring has always been the Penguins’ forte since the mid-1980s, so it should come as no surprise that Pittsburgh’s 30 goals through 10 games ranks third in the NHL. Individually, Sidney Crosby ranks sixth (tied) among NHL goal scorers with six and is tied for third in power-play tallies with three. Alex Goligoski’s three goals are tied for most among blueliners; Mark Letestu leads all rookies with four goals; Matt Cooke is locked in a four-way tie for first place with two shorthanded markers.
  • Despite dropping the season opener to the Flyers at CONSOL Energy Center on Oct. 7, the Penguins have experienced great success against Philadelphia at home in recent seasons. Since the beginning of the 2006-07 campaign, the Penguins own an 11-4 home record against the Flyers, and a 21-9 overall mark. If you factor in the postseason, Pittsburgh is 16-5 at home and 29-12 overall against Philadelphia during the same stretch.
  • At this point it really isn’t much of a secret the success Sidney Crosby has had during his career versus the Flyers. But, hey, with statistics like he has posted, you can’t help but always throw them out there. In 33 career regular-season games against the Flyers, Crosby has 26 goals and 59 points for an average of 1.79 points per game. Crosby scored twice and added an assist in the Penguins’ 5-1 victory at the Wells Fargo Center on Oct. 16.
  • Crosby isn’t the only Penguins superstar who enjoys facing the Flyers. Evgeni Malkin also owns sparkling career numbers against the Broad Street Bullies. In 28 games against Philadelphia, Malkin has 15 goals and 40 points. That ties with his numbers against the New York Islanders for most against any one opponent.

Power Play Explosion: While the numbers don’t say it all, the fact is the Penguins are 4-2 this season when they score at least one power-play goal in a game, and just 1-2-1 when they are held scoreless on the man-advantage. Sidney Crosby’s two power-play markers early in the third period on Oct. 16 at Philadelphia was the difference in the Penguins breaking open what had been a close game.

More Shots from the Point:
The Buffalo Sabres nearly came back from a 5-1 third-period deficit against the Flyers on Tuesday night. Why were they able to mount a spirited comeback before falling short? A pair of 45-foot rocket shots from defensemen Tyler Myers and Steve Montador. Sometimes Sergei Bobrovsky can be exposed by long shots because he stays deep in his crease and leaves plenty of net exposed to shooters.

C Jordan Staal, foot (indefinitely)
D Zbynek Michalek, upper body (1 to 3 weeks)

F Ian Laperriere, post-concussion syndrome (indefinitely)
G Michael Leighton, back surgery (out until late November)
D Matt Walker, right hip surgery (indefinitely)

Craig Adams - Since missing two games (Oct. 15-16), Adams, who is more noted for his defensive prowess, has gone on a scoring spree for the Penguins. Over the last four games, Adams has posted four points (1G-3A), including his fourth career three-point night (1G-2A) on Wednesday at Tampa Bay. Adams’ goal ended a 118-game regular-season goalless drought.

Danny Briere - We also highlighted Briere the last time these two teams met on Oct. 16, but what can we say, not only is he carrying the Flyers’ offense through the first month, he is also red hot. Briere, who lugs a team-best six goals and eight points into Friday’s matchup, is currently on a three-game scoring streak which has seen him post four points (2G-2A). He has points in seven of nine games this season.

Last edited by SteelCityMom; 10-28-2010 at 09:56 PM.
Old 10-29-2010, 11:31 AM   #135
SteelCityMom
MST3K Junkie

Penguins Report: Game Day vs. Philadelphia
Friday, 10.29.2010 / 10:24 AM / Penguins Report
By Sam Kasan
http://penguins.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=541945&navid=DL|PIT|home

11:46 AM:
Sounds heard around the locker room...

Sidney Crosby

On faceoffs:
Generally everybody has a stronger side and a weaker side. Usually your backhand is stronger and your forehand is weaker. I think most guys are that way. Obviously, when you are taking them on the power play you have that one extra guy. Sometimes that guy is able to help you out. I think in situations like power plays you can get some help so that is nice. Different teams have different plays involving faceoffs. The more help you can get from your wingers, the better.

On being the team’s top faceoff guy
:
You get used to it. It does take some time. It’s strength and getting used to it. It takes a little bit out of you too. You just get into the habit of doing it. I don’t know what to compare it to. It’s like coming back for training camp and taking more shots – your body adapts. It’s the same thing with faceoffs. After a while you just get used to it.

On taking important draws
:
I think they are always looking at the stats throughout the game and who you are strong against. All that said, it takes one to lose. You can have the greatest game in the faceoff circle and then lose one in your own zone and it’s in your net sometimes. I think the main thing is that all of our centers are aware of how important they are for our team. Every time we are out there we are competing and wanting to win them. That’s the way we have to be.

On this being the third meeting already with the Flyers
:
It’s relatively quick to play them a third time here. We play well usually. Both teams bring out the best in one another. It’s a big game for us. We want to bounce back.

On playing with Kunitz:
We have played together for a while now. We got him the year we won the Cup. It was a great experience winning it together. I think there is certainly chemistry there. We have gotten used to playing with one another. I enjoy playing with him. He plays hard, goes to the net and does a lot of those little things. There is a comfort level there.

Marc-Andre Fleury

On changing his routine:
I don’t do anything different. I have the same routine as I did previously. Maybe sometimes when it starts to get bad I start thinking a little more than I should. That’s when I have to stay positive and focused on the plays I have to make and stopping the puck.

On being upset by hearing criticism
:
It’s part of being a goalie and part of being in sports. I am not happy right now. I am not happy I am not winning more than I am. That’s just part of it.

On playing well against the Flyers:
It just seems like Philly is always a pretty fun game. It’s always a good rivalry. They don’t like us and we don’t like them.

__________________________________________________ _________________________

11:42 AM:
Coachspeak with Dan Bylsma…

On Mike Comrie:
He has not brought what he brought in training camp, as you noted, and that’s something we’re looking for him to add. He’ll be used on the power play and other spots to be able to do that for us.

On the new blindside hits rule:
I haven’t necessarily seen the effect of the rule yet on the play on the ice. But it does, however, immediately come in to play when you see a hit like the Kris Letang hit in our building. We disagree with the call on Letang, but we agree with the call, because the ref immediately has to make a decision about the protection of the player. That’s the role he has to do. And he made a split-second call. We could slow it down 15 times and say it was a good, clean hit, but on the ice and with the way the player reacted to the hit, I think it was a good call. So that has happened in the game. You watch a game on any given night, and you may think immediately on a hit, and the rule comes to your mind. So it has had an effect on watching the game.

On the team’s first 10 games:
There are certain aspects of our team, through 10 games have been affected by injuries that we’ve dealt with and some of the players out of our. But generally, I don’t think our team has carved an identity yet on how we’re going to play games and win games. We’ve certainly played some real tough games. The Nashville game was a great game. We worked really hard and we’ve battled really hard and we worked hard to get that win in overtime. But we haven’t played a game where we’ve dictated the pace of the play for 60 minutes. That’s something we’re looking to do and we want as a part of our identity. So through 10 games, there is some good and some bad and some issues to deal with, but that’s really the calling card of the first 10 games. We have not dictated the course of a game for 60 minutes, where it’s played, how it’s played and the speed at which it’s played. That’s something we addressed yesterday after the first 10.

On the quality of all the teams this season and the toughness of the games
:
I think, specifically on our last road trip, judging from some of the other coaches’ comments and some of the other media going in, we’re still playing games where the other team is using it as a measuring stick. You see Nashville, a good team playing very well, and the Pittsburgh Penguins come to town and they use it as a measuring stick. St. Louis used those words before the game and in the media. That’s the type of games that we played. Tampa Bay, their coach said it before that game. That’s why the pace and intensity of those games were really high and really good hockey games. I largely think that’s what we’ve seen in the last few.

On who will play in goal for Friday’s game
:
If you go with what the radio said this morning, Marc-Andre Fleury. But I will make that decision at game time tonight. This one was per-plan. So we stuck with our plan for goaltender tonight and we will as well tomorrow.

10:38 AM:
The Pens had some new line configurations at the Friday morning skate. Arron Asham has been elevated to the second line, while Mike Comrie slides down to the fourth. Here are the lines:

Kunitz-Crosby-Dupuis
Asham-Letestu-Malkin
Cooke-Talbot-Kennedy
Rupp-Adams-Comrie

__________________________________________________ _________________________

10:29 AM:
The Pens battle cross-state rival Philadelphia at CONSOL Energy Center. Pittsburgh is looking for a little revenge, as the Flyers spoiled the team's new arena opener with a 3-2 decision.

Old 10-29-2010, 11:35 AM   #136
SteelCityMom
MST3K Junkie

Penguins' power outage returns
By Josh Yohe, TRIBUNE-REVIEW
Friday, October 29, 2010
http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pitt...rce=rss&feed=8

There was a lengthy stint during the first period at Tampa Bay on Wednesday night when the Penguins' power play orchestrated a fair impersonation of the Harlem Globetrotters — their puck movement nothing short of brilliant.

The only problem was that the puck didn't end up in the net.

For all of the Penguins' elite talent, their power play entered Thursday ranked 18th in the NHL. More alarmingly, the unit has failed in big situations countless times in the young season.

"We've definitely done some really good things at times," captain Sidney Crosby said. "But it's all about results."

Lately, the results haven't been good when the Penguins have the man advantage. The Penguins last scored a power-play goal Oct. 18 against Ottawa, a three-game drought.

Still, there is a feeling of confidence among the Penguins that the power play will soon erupt. One of the players who battles against the power play in practice every day is filled with optimism.

"I feel like our power play is better than (the numbers indicate)," forward Craig Adams said. "I think our power play is going to be great. It's just a matter of sticking with it."

Coach Dan Bylsma has taken a more active role in overseeing the power play this season, and player movement has been his primary objective. Gone are the days when Sergei Gonchar, Evgeni Malkin and Crosby would all be on the right side of the ice — often in stationary positions.

Any given power play is now likely to include Crosby and Malkin on the left side, with defensemen Alex Goligoski and Kris Letang often abandoning the point to attack the net. With two talented, young defensemen on board with Crosby and Malkin, the Penguins figure it's only a matter of time until they climb the league rankings.

"It was so good at times against Tampa," Adams said. "But you're not going to score on every good power play."

The power play not only failed to score, it also allowed the Lightning to enjoy a number of quality short-handed opportunities. The Penguins' new philosophy, while a welcome change from occasional stagnation that plagued the unit in previous seasons, is risky. With forwards sometimes positioned at the blue line, an aggressive penalty-killing unit can produce scoring opportunities.

Bylsma, who knocked on wood when the subject was broached, acknowledged permitting the occasional short-handed opportunity could be a necessary evil.

"It's something that we're aware of," he said. "We're aware of situations where when you're a forward and you're back at the blue line, understanding that when there's a shot at the net or a rebound that goes to the weak side, you're responsible for being back."

Adams said he believes all of the team's hard work on the power play will pay off.

"It's a lot harder to defend," he said. "They just move the puck so quickly. It will come."

Old 10-29-2010, 09:04 PM   #137
SteelCityMom
MST3K Junkie

Well...from what I saw of the game I can't say I'm happy.

I'm not going to lay this one on Fleury though for once. Two of those goals he had no chance on whatsoever. Offensively they just looked flat and out of their element tonight. PP continues to struggle. Hope they get out of this funk soon.

Old 10-29-2010, 09:05 PM   #138
SteelCityMom
MST3K Junkie

Flyers 3, Penguins 2
Associated Press
http://penguins.nhl.com/club/recap.htm?id=2010020139

PITTSBURGH (AP) - Claude Giroux scored short-handed and on a power play and rookie Sergei Bobrovsky made 26 saves to win in Pittsburgh for the second time in three weeks, leading the Flyers to a 3-2 victory over the Penguins on Friday night.

Kris Letang gave the Penguins an early 1-0 lead, but they repeatedly squandered chances to take control by going 0 for 6 on the power play. They are 0 for 20 in four games, three of them losses.

With the teams tied at 1, Daniel Carcillo redirected Matt Carle's soft wrist shot between Marc-Andre Fleury's pads 13:34 into the second period and the Flyers never trailed again.

Giroux sealed it midway through the third with his sixth goal, punching the puck past Fleury after a scramble in front of the Pittsburgh net in which three Flyers players had scoring chances. The power play was created by a penalty for too many men on the ice.

Tyler Kennedy scored off a one-timer of Sidney Crosby's cross-ice pass with 45 seconds remaining, but it was too late for the Penguins as they dropped their third in a row.

The Flyers, outmuscled and outplayed for most of the first period, found their game while killing off Danny Briere's high-sticking penalty early in the second. Mike Richards stole the puck from Letang and fed it to Giroux for a backhander that eluded Fleury. Fleury is 1-5, while Penguins backup Brent Johnson is 4-0-1.

Giroux began this season without a short-handed goal, but has three this season - two in Pittsburgh. The Flyers ruined the Penguins' Consol Energy Center debut Oct. 7 by winning 3-2 on Giroux's short-handed goal, with Bobrovsky making 27 saves in his NHL debut.

The Flyers and Penguins have a history of dislike that dates to their inaugural seasons in 1967, and the first period illustrated that. There were two fights within the first 23 seconds, a shoving match shortly after that and nine penalties in the opening 2:35.

Penguins forward Matt Cooke, accused by Richards of ducking a fight when the Penguins won 5-1 in Philadelphia on Oct. 16, fought Richards 6 seconds after the opening faceoff. The Penguins' Deryk Engelland opened a cut above Flyers forward Jody Shelley's left eye with a right hand punch 17 seconds after that, leaving traces of blood on the ice and Engelland's jersey sleeve. Shelley returned in the period.

Maybe it was too much of the NHL to ask two rivals to play three times in 23 days, and with so many penalties the teams skated 3 on 3 for 1:34. The Flyers wound up with three power plays in the period, yet they lasted only 36 seconds combined.

Once the game finally settled down, Letang carried the puck into the Flyers' zone and passed to Evgeni Malkin, whose giveback pass found Letang open along the right side of the net 8:12 into the first.

Letang has three goals, as many as he scored last season.

NOTES: Philadelphia was 1 for 5 on the power play. ... The Flyers already have made two of their three appearances in Pittsburgh. The teams don't play there again until March 29. ... Pittsburgh is 2-4 in its new arena ... The Penguins are 5-5-1 with three consecutive losses, one in overtime. They started 9-2 last season. ... Philadelphia held out F Nik Zherdev, who was dropped to the fourth line complaining about his ice time.

Old 10-29-2010, 09:16 PM   #139
SteelCityMom
MST3K Junkie

Best highlight of the game tonight by far...

[youtube]RfrkcuV5a8k[/youtube]

Old 10-29-2010, 10:25 PM   #140
Shea
Head Coach

Member Number: 5066

Well, the first period was fun.

Besides the loss, looks like something might be wrong with Geno.

I'll cry if he's seriously injured.
Closed Thread