Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Referees    Browns

Old 11-09-2010, 06:22 AM   #1
joeyssteelcurtain
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 11092
Default I dont understand

I don't understand why some people are acting like we our 2-6. We our 6-2 and are tied for first place in the NFL and we have the 4th hardest schedule . Yes i know we have some concerns but what team doseint. So i say enjoy the win and relax our steelers got this we will make a deep playoff run. Just believe in your team

"I'm BLACK and GOLD until I'm dead and cold"
joeyssteelcurtain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 07:08 AM   #2
theplatypus
Team Owner

Member Number: 3329
Default Re: I dont understand

I'm still in shock over 50+ yards in penalties on 3 consecutive plays.
theplatypus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 07:17 AM   #3
joeyssteelcurtain
Assistant Coach

Yea me to but the one on Hampton has B.S and the other 2 could of gone either way

Old 11-09-2010, 07:18 AM   #4
NYC_Steeler
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 16763

I think the problem everyone has is the way the team has been playing - we were in a fight to the very end against a 2-5 team that by all accounts, were supposed to be thumped badly by us. Once again, the pass defense was not very good and we were very lucky to pull this one out - we weren't so fortunate against the Saints. The 4th quarter meltdowns we're having on defense and the inability of the offense to do anything is not helping ease everyone's fears that sooner or later, our luck is going to run out - not a very comforting thought.
NYC_Steeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 07:39 AM   #5
smheart78
Water Boy

Member Number: 13973

I was very impressed to see the passes to Mendenhall (1 to Moore), I remember us talking about this earlier in the year how this option was not utilized in the beginning of the season and it did very well last night. Developing this helps our receivers and TEs. I was happy with every aspect of our team except maybe the secondary in coverage and Reed. If Mendenhall did not make the cutbacks, catches and gashes for large gains, this game would have been lost. This game marks the 2nd game in a row that I was happy with the offensive play calling. Benji was given the no-huddle as a change of pace in the first half and it didn't really work well, however, seeing him audible to the run on the blitz was VERY impressive. He did this a number of times with great success, leading me to beleive that this must have been addressed during the week. There is no feeling bad about this WIN, there were alot of good things shown last night, a lot of new things to develop as we go into the 2nd half of the season. I love winning close games!

Side note: Anyone watch the Wallace interview at the ESPN desk at the end of the game. I was worried having seen his interviewd before, but he acted very well in a manner befitting a true Steeler. Good job Wally!
smheart78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 07:42 AM   #6
joeyssteelcurtain
Assistant Coach

Yea i saw that and did you hear Young say he sounds like a steeler. But man young is a Ben hatter

Old 11-09-2010, 07:50 AM   #7
theplatypus
Team Owner

Member Number: 3329

Quote:
Originally Posted by smheart78 View Post
I was very impressed to see the passes to Mendenhall (1 to Moore), I remember us talking about this earlier in the year how this option was not utilized in the beginning of the season and it did very well last night. Developing this helps our receivers and TEs. I was happy with every aspect of our team except maybe the secondary in coverage and Reed. If Mendenhall did not make the cutbacks, catches and gashes for large gains, this game would have been lost. This game marks the 2nd game in a row that I was happy with the offensive play calling. Benji was given the no-huddle as a change of pace in the first half and it didn't really work well, however, seeing him audible to the run on the blitz was VERY impressive. He did this a number of times with great success, leading me to beleive that this must have been addressed during the week. There is no feeling bad about this WIN, there were alot of good things shown last night, a lot of new things to develop as we go into the 2nd half of the season. I love winning close games!

Side note: Anyone watch the Wallace interview at the ESPN desk at the end of the game. I was worried having seen his interviewd before, but he acted very well in a manner befitting a true Steeler. Good job Wally!
Clearly they addressed some issues over the course of the last week. Although, hot reads still seem to be an issue too some extent. One play sticks out to me, a pass to El on a hot read where he never turned his head. Too be honest I'm really not that concerned. A stupid pass by Ben, another missed FG, and some truly puzzling penalties just muddled what was a decent overall game by the Steelers.
theplatypus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 07:57 AM   #8
TRH
Living Legend

Member Number: 17206

it was a win...but a very ugly one at that.

One completed pass at the end of the game (which they had plenty of opportunity to do...they didn't get it done, but we gave them more opportunity than they should have had with penalities, etc..) and this game would have been in the loss column.
TRH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 08:00 AM   #9
btaylor179
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 15251

why do we do that wr screen so much?dam b.a
btaylor179 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 08:19 AM   #10
plenewken
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 3447

We're 6-2 which is the most important but we haven't played like a 6-2 team lately, not against the Ravens at home, not in Miami, not in New Orleans and not in Cincinnati.
We clearly have issues that need be addressed. Discipline and play calling are two of them.
plenewken is offline   Reply With Quote