Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 11-09-2010, 01:53 AM   #11
MikeHaullace
Starter

Member Number: 16733
Cool Re: Hines Ward's and Cedric Benson's TD's

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelerchad View Post
Upon further review, I don't think either guy got in. Hines looked touched down with the ball a few inches short. Would have been 4th down and inches to go. Didn't get as good a look at Benson's, but with his back to the goal line I don't think the ball got over the line either. Would have been 3rd and a foot for a TD.

Along with those, I thought the PI on Taylor, the roughing on Hampton were both total BS calls.
1.) Hines' knee was certainly down before the ball crossed the plane, though I am pretty confident the ball crossed before he was actually touched by the defender. No way I believe that is anything but a TD.

2.) Benson's is completely questionable with no definitive angle so it has to go in favor of the ruling on the field. TD.

The PI on Ike is completely legit after about the 3rd-to-4th watch. It looks like Ike grabbed Owens with his left hand by the pants and pulled him to him. It's obvious once you're watching for it.

The Hampton call was a total B.S. call.
MikeHaullace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 09:41 AM   #12
Curtain_of_Steel
Head Coach
Supporter

Member Number: 11678
My Mood: Amazed
Default Re: Hines Ward's and Cedric Benson's TD's

Ward was not in that is for sure, Benson, was quaetionable, i didnt think he got in.

Bengals went to the live feed to check the replay quick and Barney was still on. They couldn't get the channel changed in time.
Curtain_of_Steel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 09:45 AM   #13
steelcity1974
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 9669

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curtain_of_Steel View Post
Ward was not in that is for sure, Benson, was quaetionable, i didnt think he got in.

Bengals went to the live feed to check the replay quick and Barney was still on. They couldn't get the channel changed in time.
Ball crossed the line before he was touched...so it was a good TD.
Old 11-09-2010, 10:26 AM   #14
steelerchad
Team President
Supporter

Member Number: 5792

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony hipchest View Post
teams get 2 challenges regardless if its in the same quarter or half.

He did have 1 challenge left. The reason he couldn't challenge it was because it was inside of 2 minutes of the half. The challenge would have had to come from the booth which it never did. I'm surprised, because I think Ward's knee was down with the ball short of the line and a Bengals hand on his thigh.
steelerchad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 10:41 AM   #15
jjpro11
Living Legend

Member Number: 3559

Quote:
He did have 1 challenge left. The reason he couldn't challenge it was because it was inside of 2 minutes of the half. The challenge would have had to come from the booth which it never did. I'm surprised, because I think Ward's knee was down with the ball short of the line and a Bengals hand on his thigh.
no, there was 2:04 on the clock or something like that. the announcers even said Lewis could have challenged, but chose not to.
jjpro11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 10:42 AM   #16
SteelCityMom
MST3K Junkie

Member Number: 16666
Thanked 2,466 Times in 1,145 Posts
My Mood: Cheerful

Quote:
It was at 2:07 actually...close, but Lewis still could have challenged.

Like has already been said, after watching it a few times, I don't think anyone touched Ward until he crossed the goal line. Still glad Lewis didn't throw the flag though to find out for sure lol.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/pittsburgh...d-8-yd-pass-TD
Old 11-09-2010, 10:43 AM   #17
SuzyPeppercorn
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 2955

Quote:
Ward's TD was before the 2 minute warning. Here is the link to the box score from ESPN. Nothing stopped the Bengals from challenging that call.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/boxscore?gameId=301108004
SuzyPeppercorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 10:54 AM   #18
chacha
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 15976

Lewis could have challenged, but he would have lost, Hines wasnt touched, it was a TD
Old 11-10-2010, 07:35 PM   #19
markymarc
Team Owner
Supporter

Member Number: 2292

Hines Ward knee was down, but like others have stated the football crossed the goal line before he was touched IMO. I did not care for the Casey Hampton personal foul or Ike Taylor pass interference penalties at all. How exactly can a big man like Hampton change his direction when the offensive lineman pushed him into the quarterback.

Also, how can the back judge see the supposed penalty on Taylor...besides he didn't reach for his flag until T.O. threw a hissy fit.
markymarc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 07:36 PM   #20
markymarc
Team Owner
Supporter

Member Number: 2292

I truly believe it's time for the NFL to make their officials full time employees. I have a major problem with coaches and players having to prepare year round now and yet officials who do affect a game are only part timers.
markymarc is offline   Reply With Quote