Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Giants Giants
August 9th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 11-10-2010, 05:46 PM   #11
Fire Haley
Banned

Member Number: 763
Thanked 1,098 Times in 768 Posts
Default Re: Tomlin Transcript

The Whiz. is a loser.

Cards fans already want his dumb ass run out of town on a rail for his QB choices and blunders in FA
Good riddance, they can have him.
Fire Haley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 06:37 PM   #12
OX1947
Living Legend

Member Number: 723
Thanked 1,043 Times in 550 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by lionslicer View Post
Just so you know, that run back in the superbowl by Harrison was Tomlins fault... a couple days befor ethe superbowl, he couldn't sleep because of what he saw in practice when players would get an interception, no one would block, so he made that an issue the next practice, and since then every steeler interception has had players get around them and block... Sometime Tomlin taught the Bucs in 2002 to help have the highest scoring defense ever.

They are both good coaches, but Tomlin is more of a motivator while Whiz is a strategist. Tomlin is also one to keep his negative comments in the locker room, and on the field and during practice he's usually extremely loud and emotional and thats what works. And I'm glad he doesn't say anything that gets himself in trouble with the Media or Players and vice versa. Teams don't need distractions.
This his style of coaching, and its winning. I think he needs to work on better communication with the Roonies and the GM about players and coaching staff, but other than that he's done a fine and dandy job in Pittsburgh.
And this is exactly the point. He has good strategies and good ideas, however he can't seem to close games normally. Get a damn fullback and close the damn game if you have too. Cowher use to do this with the lousiest QB's in the history of the game with smaller leads. Tomlin says impose your will. GOOD, impose it in the 4th. Even if you dont score, kill 5 or 6 min of time so the other team can not have time to score 3 TDs in a quarter.

The loss to the saints was player error, Health fumbled at the worse time. Against the Ravens, the offensive line went off sides twice at the worst time and jacked up field position at the end and the Ravens made them pay.

I am worried about a redux of last year. And I am doubly worried about what happen in the Super Bowl. Big Ben saved the steelers numerous times in 2008. And up 20-7 with 12 min left, if Big ben wasnt on fire at the end, that would have been a horrible loss. With our kicker sucking this year, the pressure is even worse...
OX1947 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 06:51 PM   #13
lionslicer
Team President

Member Number: 12850

I don't think it's Tomlin's fault there isn't a fullback and the running game can't close the game in the 4th quarter. Cowher had a lot of power over what happened on the field and the roster, he even got Rooney to fire the dirrect of football operations during his first couple years in pittsburgh. Tomlin seems to respect Rooney's decisions too much to to try and say he should be granted more power in the organization. But maybe he doesn't want that much power, maybe he's fine with just being the coach of the team.
lionslicer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 02:38 AM   #14
ZoneBlitzer
Head Coach

Member Number: 16775

Well IF I was a paying customer in Pittsburgh, style points would matter to me. Stylistically I would like to see an offense be more consistent, chew up more time and put up more points. The Cincy game shouldn't have been that close, stylistically speaking. Style points also reveal your execution level. If you're tossing out INT's then stylistically speaking, you're not executing very well. Having said that, I'm not a paying customer and as such I don't have a right to complain. As a fan, however, it can be never wracking.
ZoneBlitzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 07:29 AM   #15
duke0476
Water Boy

Member Number: 7986

Quote:
Originally Posted by OX1947 View Post
And this is exactly the point. He has good strategies and good ideas, however he can't seem to close games normally. Get a damn fullback and close the damn game if you have too. Cowher use to do this with the lousiest QB's in the history of the game with smaller leads. Tomlin says impose your will. GOOD, impose it in the 4th. Even if you dont score, kill 5 or 6 min of time so the other team can not have time to score 3 TDs in a quarter.

The loss to the saints was player error, Health fumbled at the worse time. Against the Ravens, the offensive line went off sides twice at the worst time and jacked up field position at the end and the Ravens made them pay.

I am worried about a redux of last year. And I am doubly worried about what happen in the Super Bowl. Big Ben saved the steelers numerous times in 2008. And up 20-7 with 12 min left, if Big ben wasnt on fire at the end, that would have been a horrible loss. With our kicker sucking this year, the pressure is even worse...
It was not Tomlins fault that we went to that damn prevent defense at the beginning of the fourth. As soon as Randle L threw that TD I told my buddy we were screwed. Being up by 20 guaranteed we were going to go to prevent and 15 min is way too long to do it. All a prevent D does is prevent you from winning the game especially since it seems we cant cover anyone over the middle.

It was not Tomlins fault that Ben threw a stupid INT.

It was not Tomlins fault that we drew 3 big penalties on 3 plays.

I am still not sold on Tomlin completely but I like what he has done so far.
Old 11-11-2010, 07:49 AM   #16
grward
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 7527

Quote:
Originally Posted by lionslicer View Post
Tomlin is also one to keep his negative comments in the locker room, and on the field and during practice he's usually extremely loud and emotional and thats what works. And I'm glad he doesn't say anything that gets himself in trouble with the Media or Players and vice versa. Teams don't need distractions.
He's talking to the media. Those of you who do not like how he handles his press conferences and gives politically correct comments need to go talk to the media themselves. Seriously, the media's job is to twist and turn words into another story. Who cares how he handles his press conferences ... let's focus on how he wins games. Even if by 1 point.

I'm more worried about the make-shift offensive line he needs to put together and have ready to play come Sunday night. No way do I want to lose to the Cheats.
grward is offline   Reply With Quote