Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

 Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers


Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

LOL

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 11-14-2010, 11:38 AM   #21
stb_steeler
Living Legend
Supporter
 
stb_steeler's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Pa
Posts: 3,567
Gender: Male
Member Number: 14315
Thanks: 173
Thanked 313 Times in 183 Posts
Default Re: Front Office admits bad calls AGAIN!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeHaullace View Post
If not interference, definitely holding.

Perhaps you didn't see the play. I personally had to watch the replay a couple times before seeing Ike grab T.O. by the top of his pants and pull him towards him right as they're crossing the goal line.

"B.S.!", you say? Fast Forward to 4:18

Either way, it was an apparent penalty by Ike. There's no way around it.

T.O. "was crying" because he had a completely legitimate gripe. Watch his hand motion towards his lower back immediately when he starts going back to the ref at the goal line to state his case.



This takes away even MORE credibility from the league.

I'm a Steelers fan through-and-through, but I'm also objective and THAT, my brethren, was at the LEAST a hold.
You might be thinkin of another play...I know what i saw!
__________________

Might as well dress em in skirts!
stb_steeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2010, 12:03 PM   #22
MikeHaullace
Starter
 
MikeHaullace's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 574
Member Number: 16733
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Cool Re: Front Office admits bad calls AGAIN!

Quote:
Originally Posted by stb_steeler View Post
You might be thinkin of another play...I know what i saw!
How can I be thinking of another play when I linked directly to the play in question?
MikeHaullace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2010, 12:05 PM   #23
jev7452
Bench Warmer
 
jev7452's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Wilmington, NC
Posts: 363
Gender: Female
Member Number: 11286
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Front Office admits bad calls AGAIN!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigchuck View Post
who cares bad calls are part of the game. they all even out at the end
Amen
__________________
~The Future Mrs. Roethlisberger!~
jev7452 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2010, 12:54 PM   #24
mikegrimey
Assistant Coach
 

Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 1,054
Member Number: 15679
Thanks: 1
Thanked 190 Times in 120 Posts
Default Re: Front Office admits bad calls AGAIN!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeHaullace View Post
I just want to bump this because frankly, I want to know what everyone else thinks about this.

Do you see a hold on T.O's pants or hand-checking?

Am I just blind?

I just watched the video man and I didn't see anything, I watched it two times and couldn't see Ike pulling on TO's pants.

And I'm definitely not some homer that thinks the league has a boner out to bone the Steelers. Looks to me that was a bad call though, and the league office agrees.
mikegrimey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2010, 01:15 PM   #25
MikeHaullace
Starter
 
MikeHaullace's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 574
Member Number: 16733
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Cool Re: Front Office admits bad calls AGAIN!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikegrimey View Post
I just watched the video man and I didn't see anything, I watched it two times and couldn't see Ike pulling on TO's pants.

And I'm definitely not some homer that thinks the league has a boner out to bone the Steelers. Looks to me that was a bad call though, and the league office agrees.
It's funny because I don't see anything *but* Ike pulling on T.O.'s pants.

I guess this is a testament to how tough a job officials have in real-time, much less with instant replay.

At the end of the day, I can agree to disagree. =)
MikeHaullace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2010, 04:38 PM   #26
markymarc
Team Owner
Supporter
 
markymarc's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 2,589
Member Number: 2292
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Front Office admits bad calls AGAIN!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeHaullace View Post
Funny because I couldn't disagree with you more.

You do not see it because you don't want to see it.

It is blatant. How can you *not* see it?

Why does T.O. slow down and Ike catches up two whole steps in one?

Because Ike is holding on to T.O.'s pants with his left hand, pulling him. That's why. Go watch it without being a homer for a minute.

I'm sure the Steelers can do no wrong in your eyes. Sorry dude. The tape doesn't lie. Ike pulls on T.O., preventing him from making the catch.
Yea because the ones disagreeing with you don't know what the hell we are looking at. By the way, explain to me once again why the NFL office completely disagrees with you as well? Are you calling the NFL office homers and blind as well?

Ike was not holding T.O. and you don't have to agree with me. I know what I saw and you feel another way. So take it up with the NFL offices because they think you are wrong as well.
markymarc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2010, 05:13 PM   #27
MikeHaullace
Starter
 
MikeHaullace's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 574
Member Number: 16733
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Cool Re: Front Office admits bad calls AGAIN!

Quote:
Originally Posted by markymarc View Post
Yea because the ones disagreeing with you don't know what the hell we are looking at. By the way, explain to me once again why the NFL office completely disagrees with you as well? Are you calling the NFL office homers and blind as well?

Ike was not holding T.O. and you don't have to agree with me. I know what I saw and you feel another way. So take it up with the NFL offices because they think you are wrong as well.
Such an aggressive tone, you got there, Bubba.

At the end of the day, I don't think you care about it any more than I do.

I see a hold. You don't.

As far as the league office goes, you have more trust in them than I do. I'm fine with that. So yes, I guess I am implying they are blind as well.

So I heard the Steelers have a game tonight...
MikeHaullace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2010, 07:35 PM   #28
TRH
Living Legend
 
TRH's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Bath, Ohio
Posts: 4,650
Gender: Male
Member Number: 17206
Thanks: 117
Thanked 305 Times in 209 Posts
Default Re: Front Office admits bad calls AGAIN!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeHaullace View Post
It's funny because I don't see anything *but* Ike pulling on T.O.'s pants.

I guess this is a testament to how tough a job officials have in real-time, much less with instant replay.

At the end of the day, I can agree to disagree. =)


Well, apparently, after i'm sure looking at the play dozen's of time, the league says not. If there was, NO way the league is going to publicly say a mistake was made. It would have to be clear...very clear...that there should have been no flag...for them to acknowledge mistake.
I've looked at it quite a few times and i'm just seeing very tight coverage. At worst, borderline. Certainly nothing a flag should be thrown for.
Again....T.O. gyrates like a fool and gets the official (who has no mind of his own), to throw the flag. T.O. doesn't gyrate, no flag. Really, pi** poor officiating.
TRH is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:34 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Shoutbox provided by vBShout v6.2.1 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.0.8 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
Navbar with Avatar by Motorradforum
no new posts