Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers > Game Reporter

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Bills Bills
August 16th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 11-14-2010, 11:11 PM   #1081
Steeler4life1972
Banned

Member Number: 17121
Default Re: NE @ Pitt Gameday Thread 11/14/10

I agree wicked but arians needs to adjust his playcalling to his playing style...ben's always does what he does...I would have a couple ppl in checkdown every time
Steeler4life1972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2010, 11:12 PM   #1082
LVSteelersfan
Living Legend

Member Number: 6620
My Mood: Cheerful

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stinky Fred View Post
Yeah, and tonight he went 30 of 49 for 387 yrds and 61.2%, and a 97.9 QB rating. WTF is your point?

Useless as tits on a boar.
I agree. This game is not on Ben. It is totally on the coaching on BOTH SIDES of the ball. Did you see Brady flake out totally with an all out blitz? They did it on one play. One freakin' play. I was so sick of seeing Harrison dropping back in coverage when he should be after Brady every time. And Troy is guessing wrong on almost every play these days. What's up with that? Ben passes for 387 yards and his WRs drop 2 td passes and we lose by 13 points. That pick six sucked but that did not lose the game. Bad coaching did.

COACH - Breakfast of Champions !!!
LVSteelersfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2010, 11:14 PM   #1083
ricksteelers55
Team Captain

Member Number: 3104

but to be honnest I dont use excuses but come on.....

Starks,Kemo,Colon are injured from our OL and Smith and Keisel from our DL.

not to say Ward,Timmons who missed significant time....we need to make some changes for next year that is a no-brainer but we have to ask ourselves,do we really have a team that can win it all right now ? The answer is no.Are we going to fight anyway ? Hell yeah
ricksteelers55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2010, 11:17 PM   #1084
lionslicer
Team President

Member Number: 12850

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricksteelers55 View Post
but to be honnest I dont use excuses but come on.....

Starks,Kemo,Colon are injured from our OL and Smith and Keisel from our DL.

not to say Ward,Timmons who missed significant time....we need to make some changes for next year that is a no-brainer but we have to ask ourselves,do we really have a team that can win it all right now ? The answer is no.Are we going to fight anyway ? Hell yeah
Good teams win with backups... Patriots only had 3 starters on defense... and look what they did, and I think they are missing 2 guys on the offensive line and 2 backup running backs.

Dolphins in 1973 lost starters and backups went out there and played and they won the superbowl. Colts are 6-3 without like 15 starters. Raiders on fire with 3 different quarterbacks and I could name more from the past.
lionslicer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2010, 11:18 PM   #1085
WickedSteel
Banned

Member Number: 17099

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeler4life1972 View Post
I agree wicked but arians needs to adjust his playcalling to his playing style...ben's always does what he does...I would have a couple ppl in checkdown every time
I think that if you watch the tape you will see that he does. Look, I don't like some of Arians' garbage play calling either but Ben has to do his part too. At the very least get rid of the ball and stop taking 10 yards losses to sacks. The O-line is the major issue right now. They can't run block or pass block worth a crap anymore. The offense is letting the D out to dry so many times with these three and outs. I'm not giving a free pass to the D either. Their secondary is atrocious and is getting exposed badly every week. The pass rush isn't what it once was and the QBs are getting time to pick apart the secondary. There needs to be problems fixed on both sides of the ball and in a hurry.
WickedSteel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2010, 11:29 PM   #1086
urgle burgle
Starter

Member Number: 12834
My Mood: Confused

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeler4life1972 View Post
urgle burgle...yeah im whining like a 2 yr old and if your a true fan you would be too when its obvious we dont prepare well for teams....especially when we have a bunch of injuries then you better damn well be making adjustments!!!! Quit being the friggin"quit whining" police when this is an obvious problem with our team!!! I dont think your a true fan if you are gonna say that shit....this is a problem...you are clueless with no football common sense if you dont see this!!! I have faith in this team but we are only as good as our preparation!!!
now i could say something harsh..like "I guess you were that 2 yr old I was talkin' too," but I won't. That would be rude (see how I did that). I quite know the issues this team is dealing with. I have faith that we will overcome. We didn't win six rings for being a bunch of retards. I waited my entire life for one ring, and dammit, I got blessed with two. I will bitch and complain about certain issues, as all fans do, in the coming days. But I have perspective about these things. I will add it up to you are overly excited, and have drank a bit too much, and thats ok. I do, have, and am, doing the same thing. But please don't pull out the "true fan" card. It just makes you look foolish.
Old 11-14-2010, 11:36 PM   #1087
urgle burgle
Starter

Member Number: 12834
My Mood: Confused

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCMom View Post
I you.

I looked over at my fiance earlier tonight and mentioned how funny it was to watch grown men turn into whining babies over a football game.

Everything will be ok people. Seriously. Even if they don't make the playoffs (which I know they will)..it'll be ok.

Time to move on to the Raiders.
much love to you too shit happens in a day. I lost my favorite goat and a bottle of Quervo. you'll have that. we lose to the ****ng raiders though, I might burn down a village or 13.
Old 11-14-2010, 11:38 PM   #1088
chizzler
Water Boy

Member Number: 15889

Why must we give recievers and TE's 8-10 yards breathing room all the time. I watch a lot of football and no other team does this as much as we do. I think we're conceding yardage by playing that way all the time. What ever happened to bumping a guy at the line. 5 yards to hit and slow them. I would think it would slow the recievers down a bit to help in coverage. Teams that do this are more successful in my opinion. Is Smith that valuable?
chizzler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 12:27 PM   #1089
Wicked
Water Boy

Member Number: 17285

Sorry, but the only time I am ashamed to be a Steelers fan is when they play New England. I have never seen a team bow down in submission the way they do with the Pats. It's just embarrassing and I refuse to watch. It's not being negative or a sore loser, it really is that bad.
Wicked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 06:29 PM   #1090
Stinky Fred
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 16387

Quote:
Originally Posted by urgle burgle View Post
shit happens in a day. I lost my favorite goat and a bottle of Quervo. you'll have that. we lose to the ****ng raiders though, I might burn down a village or 13.
I lost my plasma last night and had to watch that damn debacle on a little screen. Which is good because had I watched it on the big TV I might have destroyed it and then I'd be out a plasma. Or worse, I'd have had to explain why the big TV was destroyed to my better half.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wicked View Post
Sorry, but the only time I am ashamed to be a Steelers fan is when they play New England. I have never seen a team bow down in submission the way they do with the Pats. It's just embarrassing and I refuse to watch. It's not being negative or a sore loser, it really is that bad.
You don't recall our last visit (08) to New England?

I have a feeling the way bellicheat is that last night might have been some payback.
Stinky Fred is offline   Reply With Quote