Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Referees    Browns

Old 11-14-2010, 11:42 PM   #21
madtowndrunkard
Team Captain

Member Number: 11280
Default Re: prepared??? Didn't seem like it....

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRH View Post
i'd love to see the Steelers fire Tomlin and hire Gruden. He'd be perfect in Pittsburgh.

Thats a moon-shot though. Never happen. The Rooney's love Tomlin and he still has a pretty good overrall record.
We would have to lose every remaining game like 50-0 for them to even consider it.

Gruden? yuck......I'd much rather see us hire Coach Cowher back. At least with Cowher you knew who ran this team. He knew and controlled every aspect of the coaching staff. I get the feeling Tomlin is more of a activities coordinator. Who every once in a while tells his OC to run a silly trick play
madtowndrunkard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2010, 11:47 PM   #22
ZoneBlitzer
Head Coach

Member Number: 16775

Quote:
Originally Posted by lionslicer View Post
I was just using Gruden to emphasize Tomlin needing talented coaches around him. Arians better be gone soon, LeBeau will be retiring soon, if not this year, I don't know who will take that spot, the better 3-4 coaches are gone or on other teams, and the Steelers haven't played a 4-3 since 1981. So it will be interesting to see what happens.
I can't see the Steelers firing Arians. Ben loves him. He is the media darling as well. The thing with Arians is that I think that he saves his best stuff for late in the year. I remember how stunned I was at the initial play-calling in his last Super Bowl. I thought to myself - where was this inventiveness during the year? But the telling issue has to be that in order for the offense to do any real damage, it has to rely on the improvisational skills of Ben. This has happened far too often in Arians-led games. It seems that eventually his gameplan goes out the window and its improv time to save his butt.
ZoneBlitzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 12:00 AM   #23
Fire Arians
Anti-Spammer Mod

Member Number: 16570
Thanked 4,597 Times in 1,972 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZoneBlitzer View Post
I can't see the Steelers firing Arians. Ben loves him. He is the media darling as well. The thing with Arians is that I think that he saves his best stuff for late in the year. I remember how stunned I was at the initial play-calling in his last Super Bowl. I thought to myself - where was this inventiveness during the year? But the telling issue has to be that in order for the offense to do any real damage, it has to rely on the improvisational skills of Ben. This has happened far too often in Arians-led games. It seems that eventually his gameplan goes out the window and its improv time to save his butt.
i think the part of the problem is that coaches and players shouldn't be buddy buddy. was noll or belichick anyone's golf buddy? the best coaches that ever lived generally had a professional line drawn in between them and their players
Fire Arians is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 12:38 AM   #24
Kanata-Steeler
Team President

Member Number: 15552

-I hate brady, but there is a reason why Tom Brady is ranked as one of the top 25 Greatest NFL players of all time. ! (according to nfl....)
and where was Tomlin 2nite ?, -umm standing on the sidelines looking like a .... :(

The Steelers' Coaches' were obviously "un-prepared" for this.
This game was hyped up ALL week as the big-rivalry-event. This time, sry, but no excuses for you Mike. -either Tomlin can't control this, or he isn't given the control -somethin stinks here.
-this game was outta reach after the 1st 10minutes and We didn't even "TRY" for gawd sakes. Atleast we could have tried instead of just nothing, and covering up with some useless stats.
I am still ticked-off over this game.
The Steelers are gonna need some "eye of the tiger" real soon.

Well, i'm now puttin' this one behind us for sure.
Kanata-Steeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 12:41 AM   #25
lionslicer
Team President

Member Number: 12850

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire Arians View Post
i think the part of the problem is that coaches and players shouldn't be buddy buddy. was noll or belichick anyone's golf buddy? the best coaches that ever lived generally had a professional line drawn in between them and their players
Maybe we should just kidnap Arians and wait until they hire a new OC to let him go.
lionslicer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 12:46 AM   #26
SoCalFan
Head Coach

Member Number: 14860

Quote:
Originally Posted by madtowndrunkard View Post
Gruden? yuck......I'd much rather see us hire Coach Cowher back. At least with Cowher you knew who ran this team. He knew and controlled every aspect of the coaching staff. I get the feeling Tomlin is more of a activities coordinator. Who every once in a while tells his OC to run a silly trick play
We all need to forget Tomlin going anywhere,remember,he is only the second coach after Chuck.He will be here for another decade!
Old 11-15-2010, 12:49 AM   #27
Fire Arians
Anti-Spammer Mod

Member Number: 16570
Thanked 4,597 Times in 1,972 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalFan View Post
We all need to forget Tomlin going anywhere,remember,he is only the second coach after Chuck.He will be here for another decade!
he just is the type of HC that needs the right coordinators backing him up. if he doesn't can arians he ultimately becomes part of the problem
Fire Arians is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 01:09 AM   #28
Steel_Bus_24
Team President

Member Number: 2886

No we weren't prepared at all

This is the same s**** that killed us last year......This F**** kind of attitude........."we'll go out there and run ur plays and everything will work out because we're the Steelers" "Our sh** doesn't stink"

They keep doing the same sh** over and over again hoping for a different result

It is unf*cking believable how bad we get out coached by the Pats........How many years of this now have we had to watch this garbage with them....

NewsFlash

Our zones don't work against them.......man the F*** up

We're not going to beat them by out throwing them......you pound the rock and keep Brady off the field

Also Known as SteelerSpartan
Steel_Bus_24 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 01:16 AM   #29
SteelMusic
Starter
Supporter

Member Number: 9792

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelCurtain View Post
They never look prepared. We lost to teams that the Browns demolished. I hated Tomilin being hired and I'm hating it even more now. They never have a good game plan. Where was the pass rush today? This team isn't super bowl caliber. Maybe we need to actually address our problems, like the offensive line and corners instead of drafting 3 linebackers and getting other team's rejects in free agency. We have serious problems and if you don't address it in the draft, then you address it in free agency. I guess we don't do either. Tomlin is a piss poor coach that won a ring off of the team that Cowher built. He is even more terrible for not realizing Arians is even more terrible then he is and that he should have been fired years ago. We have a much more talented team than the Browns, but why did they beat these teams that we have lost to? Because they have better coaches who actually prepare their team and that come up with a good game plan that plays to the strengths of the players they have. We obviously don't have that. If last year wasn't enough proof, then this year should pretty much spell it out.
QFT...

That is all...
Old 11-15-2010, 01:18 AM   #30
madtowndrunkard
Team Captain

Member Number: 11280

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire Arians View Post
he just is the type of HC that needs the right coordinators backing him up. if he doesn't can arians he ultimately becomes part of the problem

It took Tomlin 3 years of failure to fire our ST's coach. I don't see Arians going until Tomlin goes.
madtowndrunkard is offline   Reply With Quote