Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Browns Bills
September 7, 2014, 1:00pmET

CBS

Old 11-15-2010, 11:48 AM   #21
SteelCityMom
MST3K Junkie

Member Number: 16666
Thanked 2,399 Times in 1,123 Posts
Default Re: Criticism getting to Reed?

So Reed should be babied because he is a kicker and more weak minded? Sorry, that doesn't cut it. He gets paid millions of dollars to kick a damn ball. Suck it up fcuker.

If I got paid millions of dollars to do a specific job, and sucked at it...I'd EXPECT the criticism, not whine about it.

http://forums.steelersfever.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=16666&dateline=129531  3365
SteelCityMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 11:53 AM   #22
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 7,018 Times in 3,043 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlanta Dan View Post
After last night my bet is any kicks Reed will be attempting in the playoffs will not be in Heinz Field, so he can clear his mind of worries about negative fans or bad turf after he attempts his last kicks at Heinz as a Steeler on December 23.
lol ZING!

i love the "skippy just needs a hug" pseudo-sports psycho babble being thrown out there.

far more outlandish than the steelers playing on a cow pasture which looks suprisingly good for this late in the season.
Old 11-15-2010, 12:12 PM   #23
MattsMe
Team President
Supporter

Member Number: 2044

Quote:
Originally Posted by lionslicer View Post
90% of kickers are kids who in highschool probably would have been on suicide watch if they didn't happen to play soccer or kicked on the football team.
I'm dying to know where you get your info from. Is it the same source that lists the countless 8-8 teams that made it to the super bowl?

I mean really, 90% of kickers were nearly suicidal in high school? I never thought it would be a fraction over 85%.

The things you learn on a message board.
MattsMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 12:17 PM   #24
Third Rail
Team Captain

Member Number: 16177

Hey, kickers have it rough.

Adam Sandler wrote a song about it. And the Steelers were in the video.
Third Rail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 12:41 PM   #25
LVSteelersfan
Living Legend

Member Number: 6620
My Mood: Cheerful

Reed certainly wasn't the reason we lost last night but he certainly contributed to it. Those onside kicks finally did me in. I can't support him any more. And to come out and say we don't know what he has to put up with because of poor field conditions, long snappers, holders is absurd. That 26 yarder was snapped and held perfectly. $28 mill a year and that is the best this joker can come up with. Any player who cannpt handle criticism when he deserves it can take a freakin hike.

COACH - Breakfast of Champions !!!
LVSteelersfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 01:10 PM   #26
lionslicer
Team President

Member Number: 12850

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattsMe View Post
I'm dying to know where you get your info from. Is it the same source that lists the countless 8-8 teams that made it to the super bowl?

I mean really, 90% of kickers were nearly suicidal in high school? I never thought it would be a fraction over 85%.

The things you learn on a message board.
Thats just me being comical, but sports players that are commit suicide other than any other kids on teams in highschool are soccer players and kickers on football teams. Its the truth, I don't feel like looking it up, you can research it yourself.
lionslicer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 01:11 PM   #27
lionslicer
Team President

Quote:
Originally Posted by MACH1 View Post
So your saying jeff needs to be put on suicide watch because his little feelers got hurt. If he can't handle taking the blame for his screw ups he needs to get out. And if he can't get motivated by the coach's telling him do his job he needs to get the hell out.
This is the type of shit that causes people to kill themselves. I love football but I hate how a lot of fans are just big bullies and thinks everything can be solved if you just stop being a wussy. We'd have a lot less violence in this country if people like you didn't exist.
Old 11-15-2010, 01:33 PM   #28
MACH1
Quest For Seven
Supporter

Member Number: 3236
Thanked 4,751 Times in 1,786 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by lionslicer View Post
This is the type of shit that causes people to kill themselves. I love football but I hate how a lot of fans are just big bullies and thinks everything can be solved if you just stop being a wussy. We'd have a lot less violence in this country if people like you didn't exist.

Maybe it's time for people like you to stop treating pro athletes like helpless little babies. Here's an idea, stop keeping score. That way everybody's a winner and their feel bads won't get hurt when they screw the pooch.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
MACH1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 01:35 PM   #29
OX1947
Living Legend

Member Number: 723
Thanked 1,056 Times in 557 Posts

All this year has done is prove that Reed isnt worth the 4 mil per he was looking for. Maybe its his way of getting back at them.
OX1947 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 01:38 PM   #30
lionslicer
Team President

Quote:
Originally Posted by MACH1 View Post

Maybe it's time for people like you to stop treating pro athletes like helpless little babies. Here's an idea, stop keeping score. That way everybody's a winner and their feel bads won't get hurt when they screw the pooch.
I'm not treating anyone like anything, so he makes money and he shouldn't be a baby, it doesn't matter, psycologically people who are treated differently because they are famous have problems... go take a sociology or psycology class... the shit these people go through is really bad. Ever wonder why they have self destructive behavior? Its not because they are just crazy stupid drunks, its because we, the fans totally **** up their life. As someone who had something similar happen to him, though I'm not famous, I had a lot of people turn on me for a mistake, its a shitty feeling, leave the dude a lot, yea he sucks, deal with it, but it pisses me off that people pretty much go up to him and insult him to his face, most of them are people like you, but his friends do it too. Maybe you'd know what it was like if you had friends.