Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Giants Giants
August 9th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 11-15-2010, 06:48 AM   #41
BritishSteel
Assistant Coach
Supporter

Member Number: 878
Default Re: prepared??? Didn't seem like it....

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterOfPuppets View Post
rodney harrison even said in pregame, that the way to beat the pats is to play man to man press coverage. the thing that REALLY pisses me off, is although brady already lit em for 200 by the half , with the dink and dunk shit all the way to the endzone , the steelers still gave it to them after the half...
Yeah, that made me put my head in my hands. Even amoeba can change their behaviour based on experience and their environment, yet in the Third quarter, there we were, giving Brady, his TE and his slot receiver ten yards behind the line to do what they liked with. It was obvious before the game that's where they'd make plays, and it was blindingly obvious after the first half, but we didn't seem to adjust.
Old 11-15-2010, 07:52 AM   #42
drizze99
Team Captain
Supporter

Member Number: 1070

I'm not a smart guy but I could tell you before the game even started what the Patriots game plan was going to be.... Spread'em and chuck the ball all over the field. We get 3 nationally televised games in a row and we go 1-2 and almost 0-3 to teams we should have beaten SOUNDLY.

Is someone going to tell me that the Browns have more talent than the Steelers? Really? The Browns CRUSHED the Saints and the Patirots and we looked like a bad college team with no definitive game plan in place to ensure victory.

Why was Mendenhall barely used? He averaged 4.5+ yds/carry last night but only got the ball 11 times. Our O-line is horrible and even worse that a lot of the starters are now out. Pouncey is the only lineman we have thats worth a damn. He's not Webster or Dawson yet but that kids future is very bright. We need to build around him.

I am so frustrated that we always get out-coached by the Patriots especially when their game plan is not rocket science yet every time we face them they make us look like a bunch of chumps.

"You win by attrition. You impose your will on your opponent." ~ Mike Tomlin
drizze99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 07:57 AM   #43
steelcity1974
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 9669

Leboe was a major disappointment in this one. He has a ton of talent on this D, and since the 4th quarter of the Ravens game, he has done nothing with it.
Old 11-15-2010, 12:29 PM   #44
stiller39
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 4832

I thought Bill Cowher got out coached by Belicheat... Tomlin did to. Our coaches never make any adjustments at half time offensively or defensively. All the yards we got in the 4th quarter were a result of being pummeled the entire 3 quarters and the Pats taking their foot off the gas. Pats physically out played us on both sides of the ball. There is a recipe for beating the Stillers now which was evident by the Bungles come back and the Pats drubbing our seconday. No coverage and no pass rush. We miss you Smith, Kiesel, Starks and Colon. Gay is a target for any team now. Hope we can right the ship against Da Raiders.
stiller39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 01:49 PM   #45
fer522
ACERERO

Archery 2000 Champion! Archery Champion! Galaxians Champion! Apple Shooter Champion!
Member Number: 16190
Thanked 1,903 Times in 864 Posts
My Mood: Cool

we were not prepared for the saints and now the pats? WTF
thats on the coach
did you guys see Belichick talking to his D the whole game
while Tomlin was doing nothing (my kid had the same looked on his face only problem my kid was only a few minutes old )
i think this is gonna get bad before it gets any better
Brady dropped back over 40 times with no sucks
i just wonder if we need to change DC coach Lebeau is a good man
but lately it seems to me that the other coaches know whats plays
hes gettin ready to dial up
and Arians he should be fired no doubt
I dont know maybe im just pissed off at our coaches right now
hopefully the raiders wont kick our ass next week
fer522 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 02:17 PM   #46
TRH
Living Legend

Member Number: 17206

[QUOTE=drizze99;866764] We get 3 nationally televised games in a row and we go 1-2 and almost 0-3 to teams we should have beaten SOUNDLY.

Why was Mendenhall barely used? He averaged 4.5+ yds/carry last night but only got the ball 11 times.

1. yeah, i think there's 2 reasons why people are REALLY upset this time. One....we get beat (no OWNED), by the hated Pats, and look listless and like we didn't even care in the process. Hell, we looked comatose, almost dead.
And two....you're right. 3 games in a row on national television for the whole country to see and we got embarrassed ALL 3 games (yes, the victory over the Bengals was embarrassing too, we played like SH** and looked like sh**)
Its one thing to get beat. Its another altogether to be embarrassed and humiliated.

As for Mendenhall, i'm not sure why he was barely used. But that 4.5 yds/carry is misleading as his one run, what was it, like 35 yards? If you take that one run out, he averaged less than 1.5 yds/carry.
TRH is offline   Reply With Quote